It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama: Hey, y'all, watch this! Missouri: Hold my beer.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

True.

But the poster in question expressed distaste at the idea of giving children up for adoption. Since my husband was adopted, and I have two nephews who are adopted, and we have had the discussion about adopting ourselves off and on over the years since my health is not conducive to easy pregnancy, I'm not sure what the issue with just giving up a child is.

And of course we're also being led to believe it's the most wonderful thing ever when gay couples want to adopt now. If no one ever just gave their children up, then those couples would remain forever childless, wouldn't they, and it wouldn't have a thing to do with evil adoption agencies.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

" If my wife wants to abort our child, "

Your Right , If you and your Wife Want to MURDER Another Human Being Created by God , it Is your Business , but it Will be His Later in your Lives when you Leave this World and Face Him .Hmm......... ......

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: musicismagic
If my wife wants to abort our child, that is our business. And that is the way it is in Asia. American minds are twisted due to their own selfishness of their own way of how the world should be

I actually believe murder should be against the law, but if you want to live in a world where people can just decide to off someone because it is more convenient then have at it I guess.

I guess now you understand human nature at its point of survival. It is how the human mind works. Woman wants no child, it gets aborted. That is how it works in the real world of survival.

Wow, you guys can abort automatically and autonomously on mental command? Impressive.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: TheSteppenwolf

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: TheRedneck

The forced birth extremists are getting out of hand.

Implementing basically Sharia Law in our country.

Wait for the outcry when one of their wives or daughters are raped by a Muslim man and then forced to have then raise the baby.

You can give a baby up for adoption nowadays. Killing need not creep into it.

Right, so just give away the unwanted babies is your solution...

No, being responsible and avoiding pregnancy in the first place is the solution.

Adoption is an option that doesn't involve killing an innocent human being because you were not careful.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Now that I am actually behind a computer and not phone posting I can make a reply to this post.

I can try to elaborate on what I was meaning about whether you use science or morality and ethics, or combine the two.
It seems in this case with Alabama the two have been combined, one is rather left tucked away hidden from sight, while the other is boasted and shoved in the public's face to hide that fact.

Is this really about saving a child's life? Alabama is almost smack dead in the middle of the 'bible belt', it also has the most males in office compared to women, has a long track record of attempting to use science to justify their religious ways of life completely stepping on the separation of church and state. Creationism in the science curriculum comes to mind.

As I said in my post you replied to I used the term evolutionary and survival. Both go hand in hand like ying and yang, you cannot have evolution without survival. Thing is, humans created the concept and fully understand how evolution works, and all of it's driving forces, this is where morals and ethics come into play here.
A hypothetical question is, if a woman is raped, and pregnancy is the result, should she carry the rapists child to term?
Ethically, it's up to what ever society has chosen, in the case of Alabama there seems to be a strong support that the woman should not abort the child. Morally it's up to the woman, does she accept it? Does she abort it? But it's interesting how most women will most likely abort a rape baby, but a lot will embrace the pregnancy as a way of release, but both ends of the spectrum will find it rather difficult to cope with in either scenario. The woman keeps the child, she will feel guilt of passing on this persons genes, woman aborts, they hold the guilt of what if.

When you intertwine evolutionary theory into it all, it makes sense why women feel this way. Someone has invaded their body, like a virus, intruded, and planted their genetic makeup. As a man, it's unthinkable to me, would I want someone else's offspring growing inside me without my consent? Would you compromise your survival as a human just to fulfill someones else's intrusion on your body?

That is just one scenario, and I think people are being swayed by science a little to much here, yes we all know what it means to terminate a pregnancy, we all know it's not pretty, and science can say this or that, but it takes away the morals and ethics of women in general, and said woman who has to go through with it. All the while the opposite are putting those individuals under their thumb taking away the right to choose.

We have seen what Christian fundamentalists have done in the past, taken their morals and ethics and enforced it with 'science', shove the science in our faces to put down our throats to blind side everyone away from the fact they want to control certain aspects of life.

Here is a little page of tweets from women telling their story. Where in all those stories are the women worried about fertilized eggs and moment of conception?

And to further bring in a more social way of looking at it. Take a look at Decree 770 and there's many more examples of what outright controlling women's right to choose can do.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

It comes back to is it a human being, yes or no? If it is, it has a right to its life given by laws beyond human ability to take or make.

We don't allow random citizens to just arbitrarily end another human being's life simply because that human is inconvenient to them. Extraordinary circumstances must be involved.

All sides recognize this, but you also have to recognize too that too many on the pro-choice side hide behind this first recognition in order to cover for women who simply want an out for their irresponsible behavior. Let's revisit NYC where for every 2 live births, you have 1 abortion. That's either the rapiest city with *the* most fertile women on the entire planet, or else we have the most irresponsible women living there.

I know which side I come down on.
edit on 16-5-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: TheSteppenwolf

originally posted by: grey580

The forced birth extremists are getting out of hand.

Implementing basically Sharia Law in our country.

Wait for the outcry when one of their wives or daughters are raped by a Muslim man and then forced to have then raise the baby.

You can give a baby up for adoption nowadays. Killing need not creep into it.

Right, so just give away the unwanted babies is your solution...

Why not? I'm married to one of those babies that some 16-year-old just "gave up" ... I guess my life and his and everyone else's around us, including our son (oh wait ...), would be better had she just corrected nature's awful mistake and aborted him?

If the abortion had been done you would have been none the wiser and married someone else, I get what you're saying I just agree with forcing women to have unwanted children, it's not fair on either the child or the woman.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I think a woman should have been thinking about whether or not she wanted that child when she agreed to have sex.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

More than that is the logistical situation...

Incest, rape , life of the mother..

Coat hanger and other at home remedies..

And all while the same people who are pro-life, are also anti-welfare... lol

Ironically, also the same people who are Pro-Gun o_O

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You're putting blame on the women. Sorry, but you're viewpoint on the subject is therefore biased, and your rhetoric falls under the same as the law makers of Alabackwards.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

You're putting blame on the women. Sorry, but you're viewpoint on the subject is therefore biased, and your rhetoric falls under the same as the law makers of Alabackwards.

Am I? At what point do we women bear some responsibility for what happens with our bodies? If it's "our body, our choice," then that does carry back to our choice to have sex, no?

Or are you claiming we are totally without all agency in that aspect? My husband sure would LOVE to hear that.

edit on 16-5-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" If my wife wants to abort our child, "

Your Right , If you and your Wife Want to MURDER Another Human Being Created by God , it Is your Business , but it Will be His Later in your Lives when you Leave this World and Face Him .Hmm......... ......

I know there are deadly sins, and I imagine murder is on that docket.... But judging ain't far behind.

If you were walking in the path of Jesus, you'd wash their feet while guiding them in the right direction rather than exploit a gotchya to throw some egg towards someone's face.

Either way, I could handle someone pushing religion.... I don't like it, but I can handle it.

It's when you pervert it to suit your agenda that it becomes distasteful.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I'm not saying it's OK to just have promiscuous sex all the time.

But if I'm dating a girl, we're doing some extra curricular activities. Everyone I've known in life has sex with a partner they've been with long enough. It's not bad. And it's guilt free for me.

I am saying it's totally ok to just have promiscuous sex all the time. If two people want to do that and no one is taking advantage of the other person, then have at it. None of your business. Moreover, your body starts telling you to do it at a very young age. Younger than you are wise. And herein lies a big part of the issue.

America is already so pent up and prudish about sex thanks to decades of conservative churchy values forcing guilt and shame for what comes naturally to us. That just meant less sex education, less awareness, more confusion about the whole subject, and more taboo to talk about (or even see a breast on a statue for that matter). Plenty of teens don't even understand how the reproductive process works (particularly in conservative strongholds where sex ed has been obliterated).

But in the end, not trying having a baby, also natural. And we humans certainly do it a lot more humanely (punny) than animals do.

Sex is one of the best things in life. Y'all should get out there and do it more. And if you get the chance, do it with plenty of people. Everyone does it differently and there are plenty of good, and different spins on it. Life is short, have sex. And be smart about it. And if someone gets pregnant then hopefully they live somewhere that they have options. But as the saying goes... there are plenty of reasons why women get an abortion, and every one of them is none of your business.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Look, I don't think it's anyone's place to say go be promiscuous. I have a simple rule, I can do what I like so long as it's sensible. I have to gauge the situation and know I'm not putting myself at risk..

That means no matter the physical attraction I have to trust them. That's a big deal.

I have to set aside inate and primal feelings to make a rational decision. I would advocate that over anything else. It will prevent any unneeded circumstances.

Just because I hold myself to a particular standard doesn't mean I advocate the government set that bar.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Agreed on all counts. By promiscuous I don't mean be irrational. Casual, sure, careless, no. By this age, for me anyway, it's gonna take more than physical attraction.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Just remember that no matter how safe you try to make it, she might get pregnant, and you had a part in it, so you better be responsible.

If you can't cut it, then don't do it to begin with.

And abortion as a means of covering up your irresponsibility isn't an answer.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

We can have a society that critically thinks and can do what they like.

Everyone can argue over morality until they are blue in the face.

If I get called out, I can text my exes. We have good relationships. We're adult enough to acknowledge we're not right for each other while still thinking highly of one another.

Ask me who I'd take a bullet for, they're all on that list.

Ask me who I gets to make the call on a pregnancy, them.

I don't have the masculine complex where I feel the need to have =/> say. I'd respect their wishes and try to exceed the expectations.

While I plan never to have kids, if I had a daughter, I'd hope a man would treat her as an equal if not more, and do his best to be humble while chivalrous.

My sisters and moms should be treated as princesses, but more importantly, they should be treated at the very least as equals.

I have no problem asking for equity over equality for the women in my life. Anyone is welcome to call me a feminist.ill do anything for them.
edit on 16-5-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Well aware how sex works thanks. I grew up in a family where we were able to openly discuss sex, how it works, and the repercussions of it from as young as I can remember. And for that I will always be thankful to my parents for creating an environment where sex was not something taboo and my parents bought us birth control.

Yes, accidents happen. Abortion as a way to cover up an accident has been an answer. For many people, many times, and me included. As the nationwide law permits. Sad that it had to happen, but not sorry to anyone else in the slightest. Don't do it if you don't want to. Otherwise, mind your own business.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The solution to the whole abortion argument for the majority of abortions is simple. Don't get pregnant.

How effing simple is that?

Humans, complicating things since forever.

Seriously I have known women who have had multple abortions simply because they could not be bothered to use a condom or get on the pill or abstain and the other billion methods for not getting pregnant.

It wasn't because they were raped, it wasn't because of genuine medical reasons. It was simply because they're lazy and irresponsible.
(and then sympathy is expected because of the 'trauma' of having a abortion by choice.....)

Yet if you make abortion only legal in cases of rape and medical, we'll see a massive spike in rape accusation and dodgy doctors saying their patients will die without one.

Maybe the solution is make abortion legal, but also make it mandatory to have one you must agree to being sterilised at the same time?
At least the 2nd time around.
edit on 16-5-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Couldn't agree more. My x-wife will always be family to me and we'll always be very close. It's a sign of goodness to be able to have those kinds of relationships with those that you were once so close to and loved, or will always love.

I'm not at all ever suggesting that anyone should have sex in any way that takes advantage of anyone else, ever. Everyone should be equal and all parties should be consenting. And that certainly also carries into the idea that a bunch of old men have been making legal decisions for women for thousands of years too long. Far from equality.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join