It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama: Hey, y'all, watch this! Missouri: Hold my beer.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not saying it's OK to just have promiscuous sex all the time.

But if I'm dating a girl, we're doing some extra curricular activities. Everyone I've known in life has sex with a partner they've been with long enough. It's not bad. And it's guilt free for me.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: TheRedneck

The forced birth extremists are getting out of hand.

Implementing basically Sharia Law in our country.

Wait for the outcry when one of their wives or daughters are raped by a Muslim man and then forced to have then raise the baby.

You can give a baby up for adoption nowadays. Killing need not creep into it.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

How many of those same politicians get abortions for their mistresses?

www.mcsweeneys.net...

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSteppenwolf

Wait for the outcry when one of their wives or daughters are raped by a Muslim man and then forced to have then raise the baby.

Right, so just give away the unwanted babies is your solution...

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Different rules for the ruling class. Who woulda thunk.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You don't think that is better than killing it?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Why not? I'm married to one of those babies that some 16-year-old just "gave up" ... I guess my life and his and everyone else's around us, including our son (oh wait ...), would be better had she just corrected nature's awful mistake and aborted him?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Other than that, my opinion still stands on if there's a heartbeat, that baby is alive and I don't think they should have their life taken away. They should get a fair shot. Just my opinion.

That is a fair opinion, so that would put it about 6 weeks in. Since it can take up to 4 weeks for a woman to figure out they are pregnant they would have about two week to get it done. For me that is cutting it a little tight but not something I want to debate. The heart seems so nice, but does a beating heart really means anything? If we went functional brain, then about 6 to 7 weeks the embryo has less ability than a shrimp brain wise, so by 12 to 16 weeks is when we actually start to see real brain function. Since almost 90% of abortions happen 8 weeks or less, and most past that are due to complications, do we rally have a broken moral system?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Why not? I'm married to one of those babies that some 16-year-old just "gave up" ... I guess my life and his and everyone else's around us, including our son (oh wait ...), would be better had she just corrected nature's awful mistake and aborted him?

Not sure if that means anything at all. Just think if that 16 year old didn't have sex you would be in the same situation...lol

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

were kind of close to a comparale technology now the artifical womb and i think other then your idea its one of the only ways the debate will ever end jme.bmj.com... peer reviewd paper on it

If those clinical trials go well, fully-functional artificial wombs could be ready within ten years, Yale University physician Carlo Bulletti told Vice last year. Ten years is a long way off, as far as medical research is concerned. But if artificial wombs are safe and effective, they could help prevent many of the medical complications that can arise during pregnancy and childbirth, per Metro, without compromising the mother and child’s capacity to bond with each other. “If the [fetus] were in an artificial womb, it would become possible to access it and control the environment without restricting a woman’s autonomy,” University of Oslo philosopher Anna Smajdor told Metro. “So in some ways there could actually be benefits for the [fetus] itself.”
so with this technology it would solve most of the debates going on from both sides

1. man wants kid woman does not put it in an artificial womb he gets custody she pays no child support but also does not have to carry and give birth if does not want to

2. woman wants baby man does not she can carry it to term then i guess he either does or doesn't pay child support depending on how future laws get set up to account for new tech

3.neither of them want it but either religious or other views they don't want to have an abortion they can pop it in artificial womb and have it given up for adoption thus they get absolved of child support

4 allow LGBTQ the ability to have children if they want with out the typical biological anatomy normally required. say two gay men get a donor egg and if the tech gets advanced enough have it come to term ,same for two lesbians etc any combo but say neither of them wants to take time off from work to have a baby the old fashioned way so i guess it could even add to productivity of the US work force (no one needs to leave work force to take care of their pregnant spouse/or leave work in end of pregnancy until the baby is born cue maternity leave )

it would also allow with in realms of medical science to probably fix any underlying medical issues that would be otherwise and or dangerous to do while the baby is in the womb(like premature birth for example pop the little bugger in an AW) ,and give women and men who have trouble conceiving the ability to have a child much easier ,hell it could even let people who are single have kids with no partners with no strings attached and get your mother/father inlaw off your back about not providing grand kids if you dont want any just so they can

geneticliteracyproject.org... few more links

en.wikipedia.org... wiki goes in to vastly more detail and goes quite far over my head but other members may be vastly more informed on this issue then i am

some people may be pissed about it still because hey some ones always mad about something these days but it would solve more problems then it would create in my opinion

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

If she was raped, she didn't willingly have sex. I hate it for the innocent child, but sex wasn't a choice for the mother. And if her life is in danger due to complications of the pregnancy, it's either her or the baby. I'm not the hypocritical type, what I'm saying isn't hypocritical.

People are willing to trade one life for another or put stipulations on if life will live or not. ALL LIVES MATTER, the life that might kill the mother, the life created by rape etc... it is all still life, all innocent life right?

A 16 has sex with her boy friend and gets pregnant so her punishment should be to have the baby, the same 16 gets raped by her boyfriend and its poor girl kill the baby thing... Same baby though in both cases.

Just all sounds more like religious punishment for a sin and not really about the morality of life. That is why I'm not going to push some moral code on others. They want an abortion for any reason so be it, but if they decide to go XX weeks then they should just have the kid and pass it up for adoption.

I was one of those people once that thought abortions was fine for rape but that hussy that got pregnant sleeping around needs to pay for her sins and have the kid...

Boy was I so ignorant...
edit on 16-5-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

some people may be pissed about it still because hey some ones always mad about something these days but it would solve more problems then it would create in my opinion

Lets go one more step and your child is completely created outside of the womb, totally engineered from the ground up to match what you ordered. We are rapidly approaching this where we enter our next level of evolution of designer humans.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This is really going to get ugly. The anti-abortion crew is going to flood the SC with these radical anti-abortion laws. It will be interesting to watch how the SC handles this.

Likely, Roberts will vote on the left side on this issue and he’ll end up being hated by the right-wingers.

Their strategy is to overwhelm the court and hope one of these extreme laws gets accepted.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I'm sorry... only someone raised to believe that would believe that.

You have my sympathy... I'm not sure I can even debate you anymore... poor thing. No wonder you're so angry.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

How about tying it to the emergence of consciousness as the brain of the fetus develops.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a WINNER!

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CajunMetal

Men get to have a say?! Brother it’s *only men* passing these laws.

And the standard response is "Why are men telling me what to do with my body?"

It's not all men, btw... Terri Collins, who introduced the Alabama bill, is female. So is Kay Ivey, the Governor who signed it into law.

And if you want to talk about manning up then let’s also make child support mandatory w a heartbeat along with half the medical expenses incurred up to and including the birth.

I'm good with that!

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

There you go again, projecting your own opinion on me and putting words in my post that I didn't say.

This coordinated effort to curtail women's reproductive rights by Republican dominated states and Republican legislators, is nothing less than a "war on women", that seeks to punish them for their sexuality and their sexual behavior by forcing them to carry pregnancies and give birth to children that are unplanned and unwanted.

Children and parenthood should not be used as political tools to punish women whose behavior you disapprove of.

edit on 16-5-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

People are willing to trade one life for another

I didn't know pregnancy was terminal?

My wife and I had two kids via pregnancy, and she survived both times. My parents had two kids, and my mother survived, way back in the 1960s! When did pregnancy become a terminal disease?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You said children were a punishment.

I am not going to get angry with you Sookie. You've apparently had enough pain in your life.

Bless you.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

You said children were a punishment.

Nope.
I said children, and parenthood, are being used as a punishment. It's morally wrong to punish a woman's behavior by forcing her to give birth to unwanted children.

edit on 16-5-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join