It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama: Hey, y'all, watch this! Missouri: Hold my beer.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

In those cases, I think a charge of manslaughter should be added to the rapist's list of charges. If he rapes her, she gets pregnant and chooses to abort, he didn't intend to cause that baby's death, but it happened as a result of his actions. So manslaughter.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I'd venture to guess most of the people having the abortions are uninsured. We could add insult to injury and berate them for that during the most scared part of their lives. All because they wanted to take an hour of their time away from their hard existence and enjoy themselves (or two minutes if my "charm" works).

This is where society's deification of sex needs to stop.

Sorry, but we expect people to have some control over their urges ... except apparently for their sex drive (unless you're a man because then it's rape).

We need to back off the idea that sex is a great way to have some fun when you're drunk or bored or poor. Because no matter how "safe" you make it, sex's function is to make babies, and life ... finds a way.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CajunMetal
Men get to have a say?! Brother it’s *only men* passing these laws.

And if you want to talk about manning up then let’s also make child support mandatory w a heartbeat along with half the medical expenses incurred up to and including the birth.

Bunch of hypocrites want to talk about caring about life, until the kid is born, then you don’t want it and it’s mother’s to have Medicare/Medicaid, you don’t want them to have contraceptives, you don’t want sex ed taught, them you pass bull# laws and are surprised and angry that unplanned pregnancies happen.

You put all the blame on women. And you have the nerve to suggest men are *kept out* if the loop?! They’re the only ones avoiding the loop!

Where did you find all those garbage lies at? People just don't want the babies killed.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

This is beyond funny.

Asia...the bright shining light of culture and civilization to all the world. Where kids are treated like dogs and tied to light poles while parents go to work and rampant child trafficking. Sure. If you like it so much and think it's so superior then you should go live there. I know a fair bit about Asia. There's a reason why it didnt modernize until turncoats in the American government gave them the technology.

Sick and tired of people complaining about how the US is so backwards but still live here.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

We heard Alabama deny that option. Democrats tried to introduce that into the bill. But it was rejected.

And on that we agree. Victims of rape and when a mothers life is in danger should have access to an abortion.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If the Supreme Court states determines that states have a right to ban abortion, I wonder how many here will accept the ruling.

Further, I wonder how many states actually would. I bet it wouldn't be nearly as many as they fear.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

In those cases, I think a charge of manslaughter should be added to the rapist's list of charges. If he rapes her, she gets pregnant and chooses to abort, he didn't intend to cause that baby's death, but it happened as a result of his actions. So manslaughter.

I like it!

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Everytime I say "hey, keep your legs shut" I get "it takes 2 to tango". So which is it, either a man gets a say in abortion or not. Cant have it both ways.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

uh yeah, because "conservatives" strongly value the concept of personal responsibility. Both abortion AND welfare are what happen when people were likely not responsible in their decision making leading up to the need for abortion or welfare.

What percentage of abortions are due to rape, incest, or a true threat to the health of the mother? (not mental/emotional health but actual life and death health) ???

The answer to that question directly indicts abortion as the lazy and irresponsible action that it is.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

We heard Alabama deny that option. Democrats tried to introduce that into the bill. But it was rejected.

And on that we agree. Victims of rape and when a mothers life is in danger should have access to an abortion.

Gotcha. I didn't hear that so I was unaware. I disagree with making a woman carry full term if she was raped or her life was in danger. I'd like to see the child get a chance since it's not their fault they were created, but at the same time, I couldn't ask a woman to have it because of a rape.

Ever sat back and wondered how many future leaders of America were aborted?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

I'm not sure where he dug those stats up, but my husband found some that said the most recent numbers out of New York City show 1 abortion to every 2 live births.

That number directly contradicts the original argument and slogan to sell abortion: safe, legal, and rare. For abortion to be as rare as were led to believe it would be, the natural birth rate in NYC must be horrifically low. And you can't blame abstinence only because you know NYC isn't pushing that, so it's not these people are too dumb to figure out how the rubber goes on.

So we're back to people using abortion as a means of birth control.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sorry, but we expect people to have some control over their urges ... except apparently for their sex drive (unless you're a man because then it's rape).

We need to back off the idea that sex is a great way to have some fun when you're drunk or bored or poor. Because no matter how "safe" you make it, sex's function is to make babies, and life ... finds a way.

So we should as a country, should get our culture to only have sex to make a kid?

Pass.

But if you want to start a foundation to get that (blue) ball rolling, I don't think anyone is going to stop you.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
If my wife wants to abort our child, that is our business. And that is the way it is in Asia. American minds are twisted due to their own selfishness of their own way of how the world should be

So, since it's okay in Asia, I guess that's settled!!

An abortion rips a fetus into pieces that are then assembled to make sure all the parts made it out.

That was a human who didn't get to vote on living or not.

Fred..

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

So which is it, either a man gets a say in abortion or not.

What kind of say, the final kind?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Are you saying that before the death of Lacy Peterson, anyone could legally beat a pregnant woman, causing her to lose her pregnancy with impunity?

Are you saying that the charging Scott Peterson for the murder of his unborn son makes pregnant women safer than they were before Lacy Peterson's death?

edit on 16-5-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

So we should as a country, should get our culture to only have sex to make a kid?

Pass.

But if you want to start a foundation to get that (blue) ball rolling, I don't think anyone is going to stop you.

People just need to know how to be safe. I've been doing it since High School. Used to sneak off with my HS gf and park on the backroads of the small town I grew up in so we could get busy. I've always used a rubber or the withdrawal method and have only had a kid with my wife. Never used a rubber with my college ex and we used to be fiends, doing it 4 to 6 times a day and only ever used withdrawal with her. We dated for 2 years and after we broke up, she was pregnant within a few months with her next bf. Not planned either. I really don't know how guys can't tell when it's time to pull. That last long stroke could cost you for the next 18 years and 9 months.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I'm all for prevention. It's the smartest, cheapest, and safest way.

I also like your post more than the other one that sounded like someone wanted to turn Merica into an aloha snackbar country.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Of course abortion is bad, and of course it abused by the irresponsible, but this is not a decision to be made by the government. This is a decision to be made by the owner of the uterus and the contents therein.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I love the hyperbole!

I didn't say that, but you cannot deny that there is a definite push to regard sex as something that can be had 100% guilt and consequence free. That needs to stop. Right now, short of mechanical sterilization, there is nothing that makes sex 100% safe, and we need to stop teaching kids that sex is or can be safe. It can only be safer.

Sooner or later, someone's winning the lottery. And if you aren't prepared to be responsible for that win, then you shouldn't be having sex, and abortion in an attempt to fix your mistake is not taking responsibility.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: TheRedneck

The forced birth extremists are getting out of hand.

Implementing basically Sharia Law in our country.

Wait for the outcry when one of their wives or daughters are raped by a Muslim man and then forced to have then raise the baby.
edit on 16-5-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join