It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Washington Examiner Lying About The VA Purging 200,000 Veteran Healthcare Applications?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Did Trump just break a campaign promise to help our vets, or is this just a "FAKE NEWS" story by the Washington Examiner?

According to a Washington Examiner article, released this past Monday, Trump's administration is in the process of purging 200,000 veteran healthcare applications, because they claim the applications are "incomplete due to veteran error." However, come to find out, they are blaming veterans for their "own mistakes processing health and disability claims."

VA is skirting this provision of the law by blaming veteran applicants for the agency’s own mistakes processing health and disability claims. As a result, to win benefits wrongfully denied due to VA’s administrative errors, veterans are forced to go to court and pay legal fees out of whatever benefits they ultimately win.

The Trump administration’s decision opens the door to the agency purging any future backlog of veteran claims for benefits by falsely declaring the applications incomplete due to veteran error.

Despite being aware of these systemic issues for years, VA has not initiated an outreach campaign to educate the veteran community about what to do if their application is in a pending status or if they get a fraudulent bill due to missing means-test information.

All of these issues could be easily fixed. This is why President Trump’s reversal on this issue is so disappointing to the veteran community. Many veterans are asking why the enrollment system was not included in the President’s VA information technology modernization plan.

As a result, 200,000 applications have been purged, violating Trump’s promise. Currently, over 300,000 additional veteran healthcare applications remain in a pending status and will most likely be purged in the near future.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

However, Last September, Trump signed the largest VA budget ever, so it makes no sense that he would drop the ball on the 200,000 vets, who are supposedly being denied coverage due to an internal error.

Back in September 2018, Trump signed the largest VA budget ever:

The bill includes $1.1 billion for the start of a VA electronic health records overhaul and $400 million for opioid abuse prevention within the department, both efforts touted by Trump in the past.

The final deal also includes a $1.75 billion increase in money tied to the VA Mission Act, passed at the start of the summer. The legislation will rewrite the department’s community care programs, expanding veterans ability to access private health care at taxpayer expense.

www.militarytimes.com...

To be fair, back in March, three veteran groups did criticize Trump's $200 billion dollar VA budget, warning that it wasn't sufficient to fund "medical services, community care, infrastructure, medical research or the support program for veteran caregivers."

The Veterans of Foreign Wars, Disabled American Veterans and Paralyzed Veterans of America published a statement late Tuesday that warned the budget isn’t sufficient, given the multiple, expensive initiatives underway at the agency.

The plan doesn’t include enough funding for medical services, community care, infrastructure, medical research or the support program for veteran caregivers, they wrote.

“Unless Congress acts to substantially increase VA’s funding for FY 2020, veterans will be forced to wait longer for care, whether they seek care at VA or in the community, leaving unfulfilled the promises made to veterans in the VA Mission Act,” the groups wrote.

www.stripes.com...

I hope this is a bogus article, full of misleading information, written just to tarnish Trump's leadership. If true, why aren't there other media sources reporting on this? Any ideas?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I think something is being twisted in the article, it does not make any sense. It may be an issue with how things are being billed or maybe there has been some unauthorized procedures being billed by healthcare professionals. I think they should go back to having the VA hospitals and clinics with government doctors, they worked much better than the new system where private doctors are doing the doctoring, they are pushing way to much meds on the vets. I know some vets who hate the new system, they used to go to the VA hospital and they would be taking away some meds that had major side effects, now the doctors just add more pills to the mix and they are getting worse.

I know lots of people who had to go to the VA and they redid their meds and they felt way better, until their regular doctor stuck them back on again, talking them into believing they needed them even though they felt much better without them. Then two years later back to the VA hospital and they dumped the pills again and the guys felt lots better till their regular doctors talked them into taking them again. Repetitive cycle, I am not impressed with the new VA private system at all now.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I know lots of people who had to go to the VA and they redid their meds and they felt way better, until their regular doctor stuck them back on again, talking them into believing they needed them even though they felt much better without them. Then two years later back to the VA hospital and they dumped the pills again and the guys felt lots better till their regular doctors talked them into taking them again. Repetitive cycle, I am not impressed with the new VA private system at all now.

Think about what you are saying here.

This means - and I agree with it - that the vast majority of Americans - those who have never used the VA system - are being overprescribed (way overprescribed) all kinds of drugs that they do not need, and that end up making them worse, not better.

We should use this as a wake up call to fix the private system, not just go back to the old VA system.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Yeah, the vets had it better, I know guys who used the Vets hospitals.

There are some good doctors out there that do not push meds and try to tell their patients that they need to make changes to their diet and activities, but the vast majority now just push pills that have side effects. The doctors are also using that computer program now that tells them to prescribe meds if there are certain symptoms, it seems like antidepressants or statins are on every patients computer generated diagnosis these days. The doping of America, anything to take away our citizens ability to think clearly is preferred.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
There are some good doctors out there that do not push meds and try to tell their patients that they need to make changes to their diet and activities, but the vast majority now just push pills that have side effects. The doctors are also using that computer program now that tells them to prescribe meds if there are certain symptoms, it seems like antidepressants or statins are on every patients computer generated diagnosis these days. The doping of America, anything to take away our citizens ability to think clearly is preferred.

This is a perfect example of how people in this country have abdicated personal responsibility for their own lives to others.

If you want to stay or find vital health, you must do it on your own. I can't tell you the last time I went to a doctor - I think it was around 1992 or 93, after I got a massive ear infection from swimming in Lake Lanier (and forgot to clean my ears properly afterwards).

The only thing 'modern medicine' is really good at - and it is near miraculous when used for this purpose - is treating victims of some kind of physical trauma. There's nowhere I'd rather be than a modern emergency trauma center in America if I'm in a bad car (or other) accident. That said, they could still do a lot better (examples: medical uses of DMSO and Mega-dose IV Vitamin C for example).

top topics

join