It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacks on gays increases 66% in France?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: szino9
a reply to: uncommitted
I didn't say i belived it, if anything, I agree with Jefferton's comment above. However I have an open mind for the possible coincidental connection between the increase of the members of a gay hating religion and the increase of crimes against gay people.

Little advise from a grown up: if it smells like # and it looks like # it might be #
Not always, but very likely...

This is why it's best to take the media reports with a grain of salt, stories are written to sell, muslim bad guy stories sell, especially to right wingers that's why they are targeted.

Umm the media is always "Muslims are puppies and kittens!" And it's a rare few who lead with an opposing view... usually hounded into silence via censor or removal from the general, cotton ball smothered, public.

What media reports are you reading?

And for the record, radical right wingers are assholes, but no where near the calibre of evil extremist Islam is.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Send Sims from Philadelphia over there. He'll get it sorted out in no time. I'm sure. He's all kinds of tough on Christians.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: Hecate666

Christians have and still beat up and have historically killed gays too. Why single any religion for its failings ...

I agree with you is the roundabout

Historically? In France today?

The church once also burnt witches too.. but you remember that Jordanian fellow? Those fine young men yelling Allah Akbar we're not members of the church.

History may allow us to merely remember the evils of the past, but actions in modern times cannot be ignored.
edit on 15-5-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Bloodworth

of course - it MUST be teh muzlims fault - cas there has not been any political shift in france - nor any rise in right wing and ultra nationalist idiocy - has there ?? [ hint - rhetorical question is ................. ]

Maybe they should list the crime statistics so we won't have to assume?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Just play nice and live and let live.

Or direct the hatred towards the real bastards responsible for the woes of the world.

Rather than discriminating towards any one specific religion and/or sexuality is my thinking on the matter.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

So could you name the religions that are traditionally gay friendly? And why you believe it's healthy that people immediately want to use it as something to blame muslims for without evidence?

So could you name the religions that are traditionally gay friendly?

Most welcome them .
Islam does not.
For most followers of certain Hadiths , it is an automatic death sentence
Will not find that in other religious texts.

And why you believe it's healthy that people immediately want to use it as something to blame muslims for without evidence?

Again , that is part of the beliefs of certain sects.

Geez , at least learn something of the topic BEFORE you post.

Denying ignorance
Why ?
Do I really need a reason ?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

It's funny how the people how are most outspoken against homosexuality turn out to be one in the end.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

I didn't say i belived it, if anything, I agree with Jefferton's comment above. However I have an open mind for the possible coincidental connection between the increase of the members of a gay hating religion and the increase of crimes against gay people.

Little advise from a grown up: if it smells like # and it looks like # it might be #

This is why it's best to take the media reports with a grain of salt, stories are written to sell, muslim bad guy stories sell, especially to right wingers that's why they are targeted.

Umm the media is always "Muslims are puppies and kittens!" And it's a rare few who lead with an opposing view... usually hounded into silence via censor or removal from the general, cotton ball smothered, public.

And for the record, radical right wingers are assholes, but no where near the calibre of evil extremist Islam is.

There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the World. Given that most studies on the subject have shown over 2 million people of Arabic descent have died since 9/11. The US is dropping over 30,000 bombs on five predominately Muslim countries every year!!! So when you think about, Islam really IS a religion of peace because you would think the 1.6 billion Muslims would be killing people left and right. But they do not!

Here's where the radical extremists are coming from:

More than 200 civilians killed in suspected U.S. airstrike in Iraq

This guy's pregnant wife was destroyed by a US bombing. Maybe the US bombings are causing future terrorist attacks????

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

All walks of life have homosexuals whether they care to disclose the fact or otherwise is another matter i suppose.

Christianity's treatment of homosexuals was no better than that Islams less than a hundred years ago.

Guess we must have replaced the glass in our greenhouses with Plastic paneling.

Or simply have a rather short memory from one generation to the next.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Starred for truth.

That's why it's insanity to invite them into Western countries.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Here you go...

imaanlondon.wordpress.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.nbcnews.com...

There is a wider open gay community than most people would expect - you would know that if you actually looked before acting like the keyboard warrior.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the World. Given that most studies on the subject have shown over 2 million people of Arabic descent have died since 9/11. The US is dropping over 30,000 bombs on five predominately Muslim countries every year!!! So when you think about, Islam really IS a religion of peace because you would think the 1.6 billion Muslims would be killing people left and right. But they do not!

This guy's pregnant wife was destroyed by a US bombing. Maybe the US bombings are causing future terrorist attacks????

Muslims have been running around like a Dothraki horde long before 9/11. In fact, if you go back in history you'll see numerous conflicts between civilized society and islamic rule. It is what it is...

Not all followers of Islam are blood thirsty, but to deny that there is an inordinate amount of nut jobs following the religion, particularly originating from certain parts of the world is to deny reality.

1% of 1.6 billion people is a lot of mofos to worry about...

Islam as practiced by its most conservative followers is not compatible with western society.

Not all Germans were Nazis but that doesn't mean we needed to ignore Nazis in WWII.
edit on 15-5-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Wait a minute.

"Rejection"?

So if I refuse a gay guy's sexual advances... I've assaulted him?

What in the actual f#?

Are we now required to let them have their way with whoever they want, whenever they want, consent be damned?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

So could you name the religions that are traditionally gay friendly? And why you believe it's healthy that people immediately want to use it as something to blame muslims for without evidence?

So could you name the religions that are traditionally gay friendly?

Most welcome them .
Islam does not.
For most followers of certain Hadiths , it is an automatic death sentence
Will not find that in other religious texts.

And why you believe it's healthy that people immediately want to use it as something to blame muslims for without evidence?

Again , that is part of the beliefs of certain sects.

Geez , at least learn something of the topic BEFORE you post.

Denying ignorance
Why ?
Do I really need a reason ?

Go to certain Catholic based African countries and tell them you are gay - you will be lucky to get out alive. Why do you think the Catholic church politically cannot officially show more acceptance. Google it for two minutes if you want facts on that.

Where denying ignorance comes in can fairly much be summed up by your post. An article showed an increase on crimes against homosexuals. A comment about the article suggested it must be muslims committing the crime. People on ATS read about the article and comment and decide it MUST be muslims committing them because.... well, because why exactly?

Now, because you are commenting on this particular thread, why don't you go and look at what started it in the first place before you think about posting?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Sssssh, don't show reality to people, they would rather not know, it spoils their world viewpoint.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Was the US bombing Muslim countries in 700 AD?

No?

Then explain their bulls# from back then. Because it's been continuous since day one of Islam.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo
Just wait, It'll get to you. In Sri Lanka they were 9.7 of the population yet they murdered 258 in one go.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The link title states "suspected" US attack, to which you immediately state it as factually a US attack.

Just found that puzzling.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I am fascinated at the way this thread has gone from a rise in gaybashing in France to how terrible Islam is (again).

A pal of mine just north of Paris says there is a lot of street level activity from the far right - including himself.

Still, you don't need evidence from anyone on the ground. Carry on.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
African countries?? Oh, you mean the 500 murdered in the last year in Nigeria alone. But they were just Christians, though they might have been some gay people among them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join