It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama Senate passes nation’s most restrictive abortion ban

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Isn't this like the "Green New Deal"?

It was meant to "start a discussion".

Well. . . . by god!

Lets start discussing!

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Do you think she would go against her own party? I doubt it...she won't get reelected

Ivey is a pretty popular Governor, and she was just re-elected. I don't think that even entered into her decision. It wasn't going to affect my opinion of her either way.

This is the state that re-elected Big Jim Folsom... the honest crook. He was corrupt as they came and would gladly admit to it on the courthouse square. Do good for the state and we don't sweat the small stuff.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Why do you care..... Shes a woman it's her right to choose.....

Oh wait..... Is that only valid if they choose abortion?

She's a Christian. Only non-Christian women get to have a voice in the abortion debate.

Not sure if they have any other qualifications to be a full citizen yet or not...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh, no, no, no! It was meant to start a discussion, but we're males. We're not invited to the discussion.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Now try that argument when talking about the military. Only military members can comment?

Or try that when talking about taxing millionaires. Only millionaires can comment?

Or try that argument when talking about climate change. Only scientists can comment?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Now try that argument when talking about the military. Only military members can comment?

Oh, no! Only Democrats get to comment on that discussion.

Or try that when talking about taxing millionaires. Only millionaires can comment?

Nope, again, that one is restricted to Democrats.

Or try that argument when talking about climate change. Only scientists can comment?

Only 'real' scientists (defined as those who agree with Global Warming).

Man, get with the program!

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sorry you don't have the right to kill the unborn. I hope roe v wade is overturned.

Jaden

Where did I say I had the right to kill the unborn ?

Why is it you can only see in black and white, i am pro choice, I refuse to submit my beliefs onto others unlike yourself who seems happy to dictate to others to live their lives to your moral standards.

edit on 15-5-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

With the passing of this bill, I think the exclusion of participation is going to go away.

The pro-"choice" side will certainly try to shut out any dissenting opinion, but just because they don't like the message does NOT mean they can silence the messenger.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The University of Alabama will probably turn into an all male school...Go Tide, lol

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

That's what I am hoping for. Sometimes you have to hit someone in the head with a 2x4 to wake them up to the fact that they are about to be hit in the head with a 2x4... If Roe vs. Wade goes away, or even if it gets watered down, that is the 2x4.

Ironically, I doubt this bill, or the one in Georgia, or the ones in Mississippi, Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee, Missouri, South Carolina, Florida, Texas, Louisiana and West Virginia would have ever surfaced without the ones in New York and Virginia happening that bordered on (and IMO crossed into) infanticide. It was the grab for extremes on the left that caused the grab for extremes on the right, and everyone in the middle who tried to talk sense was shot down and told to shut up.

Now it's time to pay the piper for the fun dance.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

LOL, not likely. About half of the babies saved will be female. Those grow into women, just so you know.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

And when some of us who aren't males try to speak, we aren't listened to if we say the wrong thing.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Just make it easy:

Only people who tell me what I want to hear because they agree with me can join this discussion and be taken seriously.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well, let's be honest here.

The only people really allowed to speak are the ones who are defending abortion.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Or worse..

I don't know.. Im growing more nihilistic about things.

I will say that basing pro choice arguments on the foundation of ever advancing technology, medicine, and understanding about "who we are" and when life actually begins is highly flawed. Seems the pro life foundation is comparatively simple and straightforward, and misrepresenting it as the patriarchy keeping good women down is.. well.. dumb. But the new Religion genuinely doesnt understand different views, there is just too big of a disconnect. So, it has to be wedged into a framework they do understand.

Then again, I feel it might be beneficial to our society, overall, to have some options there. But some of these other bills (like Red mentioned) are unfathomably worse to me than the bill in Alabama.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
The only thing that I want to know, is what happens when a couple uses contraception? Multiple forms of contraception in fact. Is married, young, not financially stable. Also when a doctor refuses to perform either tubal ligation or vasectomy due to the age of the couple, because, ya know, they might change their minds one day.

Regarding the bolded, I know this firsthand. Let me tell you, people have no effing clue how insanely difficult getting a tubal prior to age 40 really is. I had mine at 24, and I had to fight tooth and nail for it, through 2 different OBs and right up to arguing with my second OB while in labor at the hospital prior to the c-section. I told him to take a hike, and ended up having a brief, but very compassionate, discussion with the on-call for the night. Even he agreed the repeated refusals were damn stupid, it's not like I'd asked to schedule the tubal for during the c-section once, I'd asked it every check-up. And was flat out dismissed through 2 different practices (also, this highlights the BS that "in-network" coverage on insurance plans really is, I was limited to TWO OBs within driving distance) My feelings on that have never changed -- 2 kids is plenty, I'm not a Duggar and I'm not welcoming anymore offspring, period. I did not then, and do not NOW, ever want more. The fact my resolve was repeatedly snubbed despite a well-established request history is a blatant insult at best to those wanting to limit their family litter size.

It should never be that difficult to have a sterilization procedure done at any age, but it is. The kicker is, it's substantially more socially supported for guys to get neutered than for me to get spayed. That archaic "girls must remain easily impregnated" mindset needs to change yesterday, because otherwise you're feeding your own unwanted baby problem by making voluntarily permanent measures that much harder to obtain.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Exactly, this is why I was finally able to get a vasectomy at 35 whereas my wife couldn't get her tubes tied at 33. Even though we had said to our doctors on numerous occasions we had no intention of having kids, she to this day can not get her OB to say yes. Even though I'm snipped and she's on her second IUD (more for regulation now than anything), they still don't agree that she won't change her mind. Almost 20 years...it's mind boggling.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Well, InTheLight did mention they need to not be Christian... so I am assuming you are.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I would love to say that this is a serious problem and needs to be addressed, but I'm a guy and so can't agree with you.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

Exactly, this is why I was finally able to get a vasectomy at 35 whereas my wife couldn't get her tubes tied at 33. Even though we had said to our doctors on numerous occasions we had no intention of having kids, she to this day can not get her OB to say yes. Even though I'm snipped and she's on her second IUD (more for regulation now than anything), they still don't agree that she won't change her mind. Almost 20 years...it's mind boggling.

The presumptions doctors make assuming we're happy to make/pop one out every year until no longer physically possible is astounding isn't it? Tell me again, doc, what I feel, would you? Because evidently I'm too stupid to know & want squat, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join