It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regents park police post twitter pic of dangerous spoon they got off the street

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Are you telling me you will keep silent on US matters, because us us members can tell you whats really happening in the US?

What's funny is, American members like to tell other members "they don't know what they're talking about" when anything American is posted. It happens all the time.

ETA.....

But I guess seeing as how you are from the UK you probably want us jailed for making jokes you don't like.

A lot of ill informed American members are not funny but very sarcastic most of the time. They think that there way of life is better than anyone elses, that there Freedom is freeier' than anyone else's. That Great Britain is some sort of communist country and if it wasn't for America we'd all be speaking German. I've seen a poster claim America won the Second World War.

edit on 15-5-2019 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
And btw, for all those claiming this was a joke from the regents police, perhaps you are right.

Do you have proof of that?

I see they posted similar pictures before of confiscating pliers and such.

Is there somewhere where they admit to this being a joke, because if so I applaud them because its really funny.

Or all you all just assuming its a joke?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

Are you telling me you will keep silent on US matters, because us us members can tell you whats really happening in the US?

What's funny is, American members like to tell other members "they don't know what they're talking about" when anything American is posted. It happens all the time.

Yep and I call it out and say that's ridiculous.

So if you think its wrong for them to do so, why do you do the same thing when its about the UK?

I chose to be consistent, but maybe its just out of fear that if I am a hypocrite I will be the victim of some Nazi pugs or spoon wielding vigilantes.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

So if you think its wrong for them to do so, why do you do the same thing when its about the UK?

There is nothing wrong with being shown when you've read a misleading story from a tabloid press, it's something else when that person then wont let go of that misinformation, and bleat on about it for pages and pages, and still cling to that misinformation like it's the truth. The Lennon case is a prime example, some members would rather believe a criminal, and conman than the truth.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

There is nothing wrong with being shown when you've read a misleading story from a tabloid press, it's something else when that person then wont let go of that misinformation, and bleat on about it for pages and pages, and still cling to that misinformation like it's the truth. The Lennon case is a prime example, some members would rather believe a criminal, and conman than the truth.

So the police twitter page I sourced in the OP is a tabloid press?

And please, the tommy robinson story is not as one sided as you would have us believe.

Saying everyone who disagrees with you isn't from the UK so they must be wrong is lazy.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I don't come on a thread, claim anyone joking about my country is misinformed and doesn't have a sense of humor.

Again, no-one has said Americans don't have a sense of humour, they so obviously must have, just that they and many others quite frequently fail to understand British sense of humour.
We get that.
And please don't tell anyone but we actually like that.

But I guess seeing as how you are from the UK you probably want us jailed for making jokes you don't like.

Why would we want to do that?
I'd much prefer to sentence you to a month of watching Benny Hill just to prove that British humour can indeed be crap every now and then followed by another solid month watching Prime Minister's Question Time.

If you survive all that I'll let you come to the pub with me for a month and discover real British humour from real British people and find out out first hand that all that drivel about the UK that so many US members are so keen to lap up is absolute and utter bollocks.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Saying everyone who disagrees with you isn't from the UK so they must be wrong is lazy.

And here is your prime example.
This is the same comment you get in any gun debate or shooting, health care thread and God forbid a Brit make a comment about American politics or the American Messiah that is Donald Trump. It's not American so it's wrong.

edit on 15-5-2019 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I for one find British humor to usually be superior to the US.

Benny hill, monty python, rowan Atkinson, ricky Gervais; All masters.

But it was easier to be funny before the scourge of spoon crime overtook the streets of the UK

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

And here is your prime example.
This is the same comment you get in any gun debate or shooting, health care and God forbid a Brit make a comment about the American politics or the American Messiah that is Donald Trump. It's not American so it's wrong.

Again, I call rthat out when I see ameircans doing that.

You chose to be a hypocrite, and get upset when ameircans do that, but jump at the chance to do it yourself when its a uk story.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Satire and cynicism are alive, well and indeed prospering here in the UK, they have to be given the current state of affairs with Brexit etc.
British people tend to see humour in almost any situation - its a well entrenched national trait and one that any foreigner who knows us will attest to.
We've made an art form of taking the piss - out of others and ourselves.
Many people simply don't get it or even recognise it at times.

Benny Hill is possibly the least funny British person I've ever seen......apart from maybe Jeremy Corbyn.....but then again he did do you know what with you know who so he must have some sort of sense of humour.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

British people tend to see humour in almost any situation.

I dare you to go into the Alabama abortion thread and tell a dead baby joke.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Oh come on Benny hill was great.

I mean sure, I watched that show when I was like ten, and haven't seen much sense, but I liked it.

Beats the heck out of every single late night comic in the US.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Bill Hick v Benny Hill?

No contest, surely you of all people should know that!

How anyone whose balls have dropped can be even remotely amused watching Benny Hill is beyond me.
But each to their own I guess.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

You chose to be a hypocrite, and get upset when ameircans do that, but jump at the chance to do it yourself when its a uk story.

I choose to call out hypocrites. It's always the same posters with an axe to grind, who get upset when there distorted view of Britain is proven wrong.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I don't know any.

And whilst we may see humour in almost any situation we do have standards.
By any situation we usually mean any situation that we may find ourselves in.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I don't know any.

And whilst we may see humour in almost any situation we do have standards.
By any situation we usually mean any situation that we may find ourselves in.

How do you think I came up with the jokes?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Just for you Grambler!

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Bill Hick v Benny Hill?

No contest, surely you of all people should know that!

How anyone whose balls have dropped can be even remotely amused watching Benny Hill is beyond me.
But each to their own I guess.

Now come on, how did you know I suffer from undescended testicles?

Sure Hicks was far superior to benny hill, as was carlin, doug stanhiope, nrom macdonald, Rodney Dangerfield, and many others.

But I didn't mind benny hill, and I have a love for a lot of british comedy.

Again, comedy in the US today other than a few gems is pathetic and not dangerous at all

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Again, comedy in the US today other than a few gems is pathetic and not dangerous at all

See my comment above.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I choose to call out hypocrites. It's always the same posters with an axe to grind, who get upset when there distorted view of Britain is proven wrong.

My point is you seem like a smart person, as do many non us posters.

I find it ridiculous when Us posters tell you people "mind your own business" or " you don't know because your not American" and I call that out.

So I also think its ridiculous for you to say those things when it comes to UK issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join