It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regents park police post twitter pic of dangerous spoon they got off the street

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Haha, that was worth the watch.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

It's a free country. Oh, I forgot, it's not, is it?

Oh yes it is!

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Grambler, et al: "Oh no it isn't!"

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Watch out the old bill will come for him!!……………….. Punch is now serving time.

edit on 15-5-2019 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I'd argue you guys don't understand theirs, either. And the fact that you're all offended kinda proves it.

Not seeing much in the way of humour coming over the Pond. Quite a lot of po-faced huffing and puffing about nothing, though.

I don't think any Brits on here are offended, we are kinda laughing at you for being so gullible and taking yourselves so seriously.

Haven't you lot got something better to do with yourselves, like starting a war or something?

First of all, I'm Canadian.

And secondly, nothing I said in this thread makes me gullible nor did I say anything that could even remotely resemble a serious point. I simply made spoon jokes.

It's like you just glossed over my comments and decided to lump everyone together. I mean, you wouldn't do that would you?

edit on 15-5-2019 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Apologies, my dear chap, I should not have made that assumption. Sorry.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Watch out the old bill will come for him!! Punch is now serving time.

Mr Punch is a bit of a wife beater.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Some Uk members on this thread:
"The US posters have no sense of humor!!!"
Same posters:
"The US members hurt my feelings and I wish they would just leave us alone!!!"

Not bothered at all about you commenting, its just predictable that so many, and usually the same members, believe all the bollocks literally spoon fed them about the UK and who seem to enjoy trying to belittle UK members and/or UK society - usually failing rather miserably - whilst assuming some sort of illusionary, pompous and arrogant high ground.

The same members consistently refuse to believe what people from these shores testify and believe they know better than us what is actually occurring here in the UK.

When UK members try to have some sort of retort, humorous or not, those self-same Americans get all uppity and upset with themselves.

How about this, I will continue to defend you and every other brit or anyone from any country to say what they want about the US, and you stop grousing when US members comment on an issue in your country.

And where would the fun be in that?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We should ban all pointy things, especially pencils.
I know a guy named John who killed 3 men with a pencil.

True story.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: Grambler

Thank goodness police can take more time ignore child rape gangs to go after the real criminals though, ammarite!

Does that include the child rape gang whose trial Stephen Yaxley-Lennon tried to sabotage with his grandstanding?

I don't know, in our country we trust jurors to not be influenced by some guy outside on the sidewalk.

But then again, we don't arrest people for dog jokes either.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Some Uk members on this thread:
"The US posters have no sense of humor!!!"
Same posters:
"The US members hurt my feelings and I wish they would just leave us alone!!!"

Not bothered at all about you commenting, its just predictable that so many, and usually the same members, believe all the bollocks literally spoon fed them about the UK and who seem to enjoy trying to belittle UK members and/or UK society - usually failing rather miserably - whilst assuming some sort of illusionary, pompous and arrogant high ground.

SPOON FED!!! Oh no, call the authorities!

meanwhile I didn't one time insult any UK member. In fact I said in the OP this could be an epic troll buy the police.

Then UK members come on claiming to have a superior sense of humor and insulting others. All because you cant take some spoon jokes.

The
edit on 15-5-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Are we bothered though?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Change the record please, will you?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Change the record please, will you?

Thanks for asking politely.

But nah, I will joke about what I like.

Of course I am legally allowed, unlike some people...

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Please stop with the hilarity - my sides can't take much more.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

either way, its laughable to see how far the UK system of confiscating weapons (or in this case people turning in "dangerous" weapons voluntarily) has gone.

You do seem to like posting condescending remarks about the British way of live without any real evidence as pointed out in this quote. Even when members point out how far from the truth you are.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Then UK members come on claiming to have a superior sense of humor and insulting others. All because you cant take some spoon jokes.

Not superior, just a sense of humour that many people not from the UK quite frequently fail to understand.

The spoon jokes were predictable.....and maybe slightly, just slightly though, humorous first time around. After that they were rather boring.

Strange how you fail to comment on the other points I raised about American attitudes.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

either way, its laughable to see how far the UK system of confiscating weapons (or in this case people turning in "dangerous" weapons voluntarily) has gone.

You do seem to like posting condescending remarks about the British way of live without any real evidence as pointed out in this quote. Even when members point out how far from the truth you are.

I ridicule the US, where I am from all of the time. I lambast our intel agencies, foreign regime change wars, bailing out bankers, etc.

I watch UK members and others do the same, or blast how dumb trump is and how dumb it was to elect him. I defend these members right to do that.

Are you telling me you will keep silent on US matters, because us us members can tell you whats really happening in the US?

Of course not.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

True. May be an appropriate time to post some guidelines for our American friends about us Brits' ways in case they want to bless us with their presence:

Travelling in the UK: A Guide for Americans

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Not superior, just a sense of humour that many people not from the UK quite frequently fail to understand.

The spoon jokes were predictable.....and maybe slightly, just slightly though, humorous first time around. After that they were rather boring.

Strange how you fail to comment on the other points I raised about American attitudes.

Whats your point, that people from America can feel superior?

Oh I got some other deep takes for you.

Did you know people from the UK can feel superior? And Canada, and France, and Germany, and Japan, and Turkey, and New Zealand, and so forth?

WOW!!!!!!

I will joke about a country or people in it, including the US, do it all the time. I welcome jokes about America from other people, and like to hit them back with jokes as well.

I don't come on a thread, claim anyone joking about my country is misinformed and doesn't have a sense of humor.

You see, in most of the free world, if we don't like a joke, we ignore it or make fun of it. But I guess seeing as how you are from the UK you probably want us jailed for making jokes you don't like.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join