It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube’s Newest Far-Right, Foul-Mouthed, Red-Pilling Star Is A 14-Year-Old Girl

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: dfnj2015

She mentions the bourgeois in a way that only someone who not only A) Read and understood the Communist manifesto, and relate that to all of marx's work, but B) can relate to the subject in a modern way.

She's either not 14, a young political genius who spends all her time scouring neo - politico websites and forums, or was reading from a script. Judging from the cutting in and out, she's reading from some sort of script and had help.

She claimed anyone saying she did not do the video herself is a "misogynist." I don't care. I thought what she was saying could possibly be a valid criticism of the left from a certain point of view. I really tried to see what she was saying from her point of view. It's just that she says one or two things that make me wonder if she is not better than the leftists she's roasting.

I'd like to give an example but the video was deleted. Which is really irritating. But freedom of the press to anyone who owns one as Bill Cooper points out. Check out what Bill Cooper says about communists. As you all know I am liberal Democrat. But I can still appreciate what Bill Cooper is saying in this video:

Maybe the executives and leftists at YouTube should watch what Bill Cooper says about freedom.

Shorter version of the same video which is more focused on the point I was making:

edit on 14-5-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I’d like to think she is making satire, but I bet there are adults using her as a political tool, just like the climate activist.

Edit: watched the video and agree with her.
edit on 14-5-2019 by TheSteppenwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Weird because I am watching it right now. It isn't blocked for me so maybe it is your location.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I think the big pseudo-intellectual words are also a signal to feel morally and intellectually superior too.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Thank you,
The link in the OP was removed for hate speech.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Certainly there are valid criticisms to be made of any ideology. As a conservative, I cringe when many main stream people on the left deem themselves to be more "moral" than myself. Though certainly people on the right can also do this to the left.

The default position for all of us should be free speech for all (unless directly advocating for specific violence), and no one is exempt from criticism.

The problem is that almost every single cultural institution of power in the US id dominated by the establishment left, or democrat establishment; msm, academia, silicon valley, the entertainment industry.

Many people in these groups are driving opinions they don't like (such as conservative or left wing angti establishment people) out of the public discourse.

And so places on the internet like youtube, or ats, or twitter etc. is where many of these voices are turning to.

And as this OP shows, this girl is then targeted by a sort of msm place, and has her content at least partially removed from view.

Meanwhile, Buzzfeed and other msm outlets and democrats tell us that foul mouthed high school kids like David Hogg are above reproach, and to even criticize them is immoral.

We are not far away from these cultural institutions of power doing something totally insane like defending homophobic racist adults who are attacking children, as long as the skin colors are in line with progressive ideology and the kids are wearing trump hats.

Oops, we already passed that mark.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
After having seen the video, it appears the Buzzfeed author has gone and acted nearly exactly how Soph described them.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Her own opinions, eh?

I'm not buying it, especially since she owned up to writing this stuff with a collaborator. Assuming she writes any of it at all. The whole tone and context smacks of someone middle-aged, not mid teens. She's just their attention-getting mouthpiece.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Xcalibur254

She's pretty entertaining. The Muslim comment at the end about raping the 9 year old girl was funny. But I think there's something wrong with her way of thinking. She claims the leftist are the ones forcing political correctness down here throat. How is what the leftist are doing any different than her own views in what she considers to be absolute truth? It's no different. She claims to be no different but she is just as bad as everything she is outraged against.

She implicitly claims to be intellectually honest and thinking for herself but I wonder. First and foremost we need to learn to think for ourselves by not concentrating on who is speaking but concentrate more what someone is saying. But she seems to be attacking the messenger just as much as she is claiming the left is attacking her. So can we just agree it is best never to attack the messenger as the political correctness people have been saying?

The other thing is thinking your own opinions are facts. Everyone has their own dogma. Everyone has their own belief system. Dogmas are built on a set of assumptions or axioms that are accepted as being true without any evidence. For example, one axiom of a belief system could be, "government is evil". And another could be "Government is not the problem. The real problem is corporations making government's evil through lobbyists. " If we do not share another person's axioms then we will think what they say is insane. This is because every sentence we speak must be aligned with our personal set of axioms making up our own belief system. Otherwise our thoughts would not formulate making any sense to us. Judging thoughts based on axioms is the way the human language works.

Every person develops a different set of axioms based on their life experiences. Some axioms of course are shared. What is important to understand is there is nothing "wrong" with the way other people think. People just have different life experiences. It is very valuable to try to understand the way other people think by identifying their axioms. Axioms are like clothing. Sometimes we have to try it on to see how it looks and feels to appreciate it. It is also important to be aware of our own axioms so we can better understand the source of our bigotries and prejudices.

With this way of thinking about an axiomatic base human language then it becomes clear there is more than one way to think about politics. All political ideologies, as well as religions, are true by themselves but may be considered "wrong" relative to each other because people do not share the same set of axioms.

Everyone thinks their own way of thinking is the best way. Belief systems are important because they are the filter through which we experience our lives. Belief systems provide meaning and context for our actions. Our belief systems are the source of what compels us to act. This is why the leftists are so obsessed with "hate" speech because in their minds, they hold the axiom "hate thoughts lead to violent actions". The axiom is impossible to prove but this is why it is an axiom. It is accepted as being true without any proof. It is an assumption to a belief system.

It is important to respect other people's ways of thinking. When we idolize our own dogma as being superior to other people's then we lose our unity. Divided we fall. Just because someone doesn't share your own personal set of axioms does not mean the other person is worth less, should not be respected, or their vote should not be counted.

I like the concept of moral relativism; but there also has to be a point of practicality at play.

Leftists can hold the axiom "hate thoughts lead to violent actions" all they want; but what they can't do is hold the axiom "All thought that differs from my thoughts are hate thoughts".

Society can't function under those conditions; because at the end of the day they still need to live amongst and work with people that won't always agree with them.

Or put it more bluntly a pedophilia can hold the axiom "the younger the better" all they want. We as a society still need to lock them up to protect our children.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I couldn't find the video in the OP ( was removed, at least for my country) but I watched this:

Yes a bit brutal (for such a young girl) but nevertheless as effective as a slap on the face of an hysterical person; it might bring some people back into their senses.
She has some painfully relevant points and she does seems angry. But if I think about it those are topics who should anger each and every one of us.
Anyway, the language is not such a big deal as buzzfeeds makes it out. Is the normal teenagers language, I hear them all the time. It's, of course, the veil of hypocrisy being pulled aside that hurts.
Anyway, I bet that people "shocked" by her can go back supporting drag kids without a problem. Unicorns and rainbows all around.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Okay, now that I've finally watched the video from the third link posted, try two:

I'd like to read the transcript. When I listen to youtube music videos I almost always read the lyrics too, unless it's a song that I've almost memorized.

That said, I don't think she was talking to me or about me, so not much personal onus to react one way or another.

"They this and they that and then you stupid this do that." That's what I got mostly.

I wonder where she gets her masculinity ideas from, though.

Here's the deal: There is a reason that packs have one and only one alpha:
If all males were alpha males, they'd be too busy challenging each other or killing each other to do the other necessary duties, you know, for the children.

The reason that the alt-right pushes alpha-ness as the only reasonable role for males is to build a belligerent base upon which to recruit armies. That's it!

An army of alphas roaming loose in peaceful society leads to a not so peaceful society.

Anyway, I commented on what I picked up, the rest just sort of rolled off my back because she seemed to be mostly talking to twitter/facebook/and whatever other social media outlets there be. ATS is as social as I get.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
You gott'a watch it, not just comment on the OP title

Soph be not afraid www.youtube.com...

It's a repost with only 6 views, mine being #6...

Removed "cos hate speech".

Lol. Snowflakes... ❄

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I only read the first couple of posts, but I'll say this. I know exactly what the Alt-right stands for, what they are trying to do and why. I also know what "Honk Honk" stands for; like what it actually stands for... H.H.

It's sick.

Cue standard gaslighting in 3..2..1..
edit on 15-5-2019 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Its weird. Just feels a little smarmy and slimy when you see removed for hate speech. Has a Nazis controlling the dialogue and ridding themselves of any dissenting words feel to it. And it really feels gross. And then it says learn more about combating hate speech in your country. You mean free speech? If I click on learn more will it send me info on how to become a member of the new brownshirts? Theres something thats just fundamentally wrong with all of it.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

I agree.

This particular youtuber is especially dangerous due to her age.

Dissenters are supposed to be old white guys.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

A 20-minute, unbroken, and hyperarticulate tirade ostensibly about ignoring criticism online, “Be Not Afraid” stars a high school freshman from the Bay Area who goes by the name Soph on YouTube. (She edits as well as scores the videos, which she says are comedic.) Through videos like these, she’s become a rising star — with more than 800,000 followers — in the universe of conspiracy theorists, racists, and demagogues that owes its big bang to YouTube.

The video platform for years has incentivized such content through algorithms favoring sensational videos, and, as recent reporting has revealed, has deliberately ignored toxic content as a growth strategy.

Soph’s scripts, which she says she writes with a collaborator, are familiar: a mix of hatred toward Muslims, anti-black racism, Byzantine fearmongering about pedophilia, tissue-thin incel evolutionary psychology, and reflexive misanthropy that could have been copied and pasted from a thousand different 4chan posts. Of course, it’s all presented in the terminally ironic style popularized by boundary-pushing comedy groups like the influential Million Dollar Extreme and adopted of late by white supremacist mass shooters in Christchurch and San Diego.

Source

There's a lot of layers to this article so I'm not entirely sure where to start.

I'm appalled by the some of the messages this girl is disseminating to nearly a million users on a regular basis. And yet, she also comes across as an extremely intelligent young woman who has a better grasp on reality than most adults.

Are her more extreme views merely a hyperbolic tool used to drive home a deeper point? Or is it simply another example of a white supremacist co-opting meme culture to spread their message of hate?

I post this thread having never heard of Soph before reading this article. Based off of it though I think there are a few important conversations that can be had on here. On one level we can talk about Soph, her popularity, and the content of her videos. On another there's a discussion about the responsibility that sites like YouTube have to not only police their content but protect their younger users.

So have at it ATS. What are your views on this 14 year old girl that posts some pretty hateful stuff, while also exposing some deep truths, and has almost 1 million subscribers?

Thats enough for me:

(Soph is even more explicitly hateful on Discord, the gaming chat app, where she recently admitted to writing under the username “lutenant faggot” that she hoped for “A Hitler for Muslims” to “gas them all.”)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   
How dare she.

Clearly this 14 year old should be imprisoned in a reeducation through labour camp for her wrongthink.

The greatest monster since Joseph Goebbels, obviously.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
How dare she.

Clearly this 14 year old should be imprisoned in a reeducation through labour camp for her wrongthink.

The greatest monster since Joseph Goebbels, obviously.

a 14 year old girl talking about gasing other poeple can't be healthy in my opinion. what about their parents? do they know what their daughter is doing? she is acting as if her family was killed in a us-bombing attack.

by the way i can see all of her videos. creepy stuff.
edit on 15-5-2019 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Isn't it funny how Muslim children singing about beheading people requires a federal investigation, but a white girl talking about committing genocide is protected free speech?

By the way, I came across this article the other day and feel like it also fits in this discussion.

What Happened After My 13-Year-Old Son Joined the Alt-Right

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   
She's a real peach.

Hilarious some of you think she's a free thinker, and I bet some of you got exited when she was talking of genocide. We really are a messed up society.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join