It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Unlimited Energy Constantly Available But Rarely Used

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

You don’t need to drill into the earth to do this.

It is called “OTC” and see TheBadCabbie’s thread for the water version.

The temperature difference to make energy is a thing that we should do to all of our industrial processes. Every single one is from 1900 and hasn’t changed. A huge waste.

2D materials, TMDs, metamaterials, these are going to usher in a new world.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
It is just as free as wind, water or solar power. The devices to access it still cost money.

Yes, they cost money but have long term commercial viability. The cost of geothermal is prohibitive unless the geology is on your side, as in places like Iceland.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I got to learn a bit about this some years back for a class. It is great stuff when done for homes. The pipes were just a certain kind of plastic. We got to go to a site and see it being installed. It just went down below the frost line if I remember correctly. The installation costs were about like a solar system, so.. out of reach for a lot of us normal folk, and I remember them saying there couldn't be any trees wherever the loop had to run (roots), but I really loved the idea, wish I could implement it!

ETa; wrote before finished reading
I see others have covered these points. Nutshell- great stuff if you can afford it!
edit on 16-5-2019 by Starcrossd because: added info

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

Are you thinking about ground source heat pumps? As in the LINK

Ground source heat pumps (GSHPs) use pipes that are buried in the garden to extract heat from the ground. This heat can then be used to heat radiators, underfloor or warm air heating systems and hot water in your home.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

They found Agartha and were shut down by the Agarthans. Thought this was common knowledge.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Ground source heat pumps (GSHPs) use pipes that are buried in the garden to extract heat from the ground. This heat can then be used to heat radiators, underfloor or warm air heating systems and hot water in your home.

I wonder if a Stirling engine could be hooked up to it to generate electricity.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Apparently those are a con as they don't work properly , if at all .

Another way to use the temperature underground which would save money on running a fridge is to build an underground or part buried food store as the temperature below about 5ft is a constant 5degree celsius , about the same as a fridge

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
Another way to use the temperature underground which would save money on running a fridge is to build an underground or part buried food store as the temperature below about 5ft is a constant 5degree celsius , about the same as a fridge

That's why before refrigerators people used to have spring houses. Partially buried to take advantage of the relatively cooler temperatures underground in the summer, with the added advantage of having a small spring running through it to further reduce the excess heat. Something to keep your beer nice and cool in. Or yourself, if it got too damned hot.

Hard to run one in an apartment, though.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

Apparently those are a con as they don't work properly , if at all .

They work well. Problem is, people's expectations. If the domestic heating system is combo of traditional radiators and GSHP, the rads won't heat up in the same way as with a boiler meaning occupants are unable to discern the radiant factor and so believe the system is not working.

However, the heat pump will generate sufficient energy to keep internal temperatures to ambient levels of around 15c meaning cost of booster heating from a fireplace or for additional electricity is significantly reduced.

GSHP systems 'work better' using underfloor heating pipework where there are lower expectations of radiant heat from heaters.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
"small seismic events"a reply to: Dr UAE

top topics

<< 1   >>

join