It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanton Friedman has died

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

An unfortunate loss for those who rally behind the UFO and alien phenomenon and needed a strong voice. I never shared in his belief, but he did stay true to his convictions. A sad day for his family, friends, and followers.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
God's speed, Stanton Friedman.
You were a pinnacle in your field, and helped change the world.
You will be remembered.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Im a fan of Stanton Friedman. RIP SIR!

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Wow, very disappointed to see this news to say the least. I loved how no one could beat him in a debate on the subject. I do disagree with him on Lazar, but his nuts and bolts arguments were great. He had to stick to the nuts and bolts argument as a scientist because of the more tangible evidence but I think he realized there was more to it than just people coming here in solid craft from other planets. He has probably been my favorite researcher over the years because of his logic on the subject.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Show some respect! As much as you are talking complete rubbish, show some respect to the man that has just died.

If you want to slag him off with your own beliefs, then start a thread about it, and not a thread where people are paying their respects!
edit on Wed May 15 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

R.I.P. Mr Friedman. Smart guy. Certainty made a good case with his arguments. Perhaps one day when the truth comes to light he will be held as a hero that fought against the grain for the truth. But for now, he will remain unsung to the masses.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Stanton Friedman will be sorely missed. He contributed much to the UFO field. I regret he never saw government disclosure in his lifetime; then again, most likely I will not either. But that's the thing about truth, particularly when an activity is ongoing, it eventually gets out no matter what. The clock ticks...

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Not sure what you thought was misinformation. He didn't blindly accept every light-in-the-sky UFO report as alien visitors, which I greatly appreciate.

I'll miss Stanton, he was some of the first books I read on the subject, and I loved them!
edit on Wed May 15 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Jim Oberg is an extremely credible source, in my eyes, sir.
edit on 15-5-2019 by hombero because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2019 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Sad news. While you can disagree with much of his work and conclusions, he was a key contributor to make the topic reamin popular even today and, specially, to make it what it was during the 80s and the 90s. RIP.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Thats not so very nice to hear that Stanton left us.. He was the first who I choose to learn from when my interest in UFoos became more serious. He was a no-nonsence kindda guy and I liked that. I will surely miss his input when round table with other ufo celebs will be going on.

RIP Stanton.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: reject

You probably refering to Jim Marrs.. Great investigator too..

edit on 15/5/2019 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This Stanton Friedman dedicated YouTube vlog by Richard Dolan is maybe for some interesting to hear/see.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Sad to hear of his passing.
He was informative and funny at the same time when I saw him talk at a UFO confernece in Manchester UK when I was around about 18 or 19ish back in the earlyish 90s.
I was a skeptic of sorts back then but I have since seen a trio of weird unexplainable sky anomalies which make me wonder..

Was he onto something?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacemanjupiter
I do disagree with him on Lazar, but his nuts and bolts arguments were great. He had to stick to the nuts and bolts argument as a scientist because of the more tangible evidence but I think he realized there was more to it than just people coming here in solid craft from other planets.

That's probably the case. He had to come at it from a purely scientific standpoint, without all the conjectural stuff about other dimensions, tulpas, etc.

For years, though, I suspected that early on in his UFO career someone he trusted from the military / intelligence community told him certain things about UFOs and aliens and all that stuff being directly related to actual physical aliens from other planets. Was it disinformation? Was it true? Who knows? But Stan apparently thought it was at least plausible, and he tried to steer investigators toward that explanation without actually coming out and naming names and pointing fingers. Probably because he didn't have any actual proof.

In any event, if that was the case we'll never know now.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
he may be gone but he won't be forgotten. Loved him and his books and ideas and thoughts.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
He is well known in my country Hungary. A well respected, humble researcher. Thanks for all the hard work Stan. To infinity and beyond!

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Sad news... I always liked Mr Friedman.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
One of a very few who approached this topic with a clear mind. RIP

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join