It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salvini Launches Gameshow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
video

He likes being called the captain. You can win time with him, I guess they check the people out before he goes there. And it's a creative use of social media.
They say he is a populist. I don't know him well enough to say one way or the other.
But yes he is the price in his own gameshow.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I have not heard of this fellow myself but there is something familiar about this. Oh yes, a rightwing politician with a game show centered on himself. Yep, I hear the bells of familiarity ringing.

Listening to the news clip you offered I was struck by the notion that how has this not happened before. Voting by click and retweet. Here only for contact with Salvini but how close might we be to instantaneous voting on more important issues.

Put tariffs on imports? Everybody vote. Maybe not vote but instant polls. Why not? I'm just woodshedding here, thinking out loud.

When the US was founded there were huge distances between states and peoples. Communications took a long time to circulate. Voting needed time for tabulation and more time for delivery to the central counting place. Now though all of that can take place in the wink of an eye, or rather the push of a ''send'' button.

new topics

join