It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And it begins: Saudi tankers headed to the US "sabotaged & attacked".

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I would have to agree something is amiss here. If it were Iran then wouldn't their statement come with more pow than damaging some boats? I mean the Palestinians manage to make more bang with Iran's rockets. However, if it was a false flag you'de think they would try to make it look really bad to garnish the support of the masses. I'm thinking either the oil companies want to try and raise the price a bit since all the newly discovered oil recovery technologies in the world the middle east becomes more and more insignificant. Or some misguided terrorist is hoping to draw the beast or great satan in by its horns, but again it seems they are extremely incompetent at being effective.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: gortex

Yea, this one is fishy.

Iran is no saint, but me thinks they would do something a bit more effective if they were going to retaliate.

Why would they cause minor inconvenience that could justify their opponents to act?

Why would they strafe large US Navy vessels in little speed boats (by comparison)?

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There is one very simple way Iran can avoid war with the United States of Goddamn America to the Republic for Which We Stand. Get some friggin U-Hauls and get your asses off of our oil. Tick-tock mofos.

You better hope G_d doesn't damn America or the tick-tock mofo's. Things are getting techy out there.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Wildmanimal

The world oil market is very complex, many United States refineries are set up to process light sweet crude which the Saudis have in abundance. We actually cannot process all the oil extracted here in the States and have to ship a good amount elsewhere to be refined.

I always wondered how it got the sweet adjective added to it.

Is it good for cooking? Has a taste to it?

In all seriousness, if you fried something in unrefined light sweet crude, would it be edible? It wouldn't taste or smell like gasoline, in theory.

When crude oil is described based on its sulfur content it is designated in one of the following two ways:

Sweet – Sweet crude oil has a sulfur volume lower than 0.42%.

Sour – Sour crude oil has a sulfur volume higher than 0.50%.

The terms “sweet” and “sour” originated from the practice of nineteenth century prospectors who would literally taste or smell the crude to determine its quality. The lower sulfur content in sweet crude gave it a mildly sweet taste and a more pleasant smell. By contrast the high concentration of sulfur in sour crude caused it to smell similar to rotten eggs.

It has less sulfur in it so it's easier/cheaper to refine into gasoline. Hey, someone was tasting it but I doubt I'll find anything on cooking with it.
edit on 5/14/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
Is it good for cooking? Has a taste to it?

Yes, it has more good cholesterol than extra virgin olive oil.

In all seriousness, if you fried something in unrefined light sweet crude, would it be edible? It wouldn't taste or smell like gasoline, in theory.

No, it would taste like America kicking the crap out of someone.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12
You better hope G_d doesn't damn America or the tick-tock mofo's. Things are getting techy out there.

I'm not too worried, I just spoke to her and she said it's all good in the neighborhood.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I'm not too worried, I just spoke to her and she said it's all good in the neighborhood.

Funny, He told me the same thing.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Artemis12

I knew Applebee's was a place of God.

Because I dislike going there as much as church.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Yea, this one is fishy.

Iran is no saint, but me thinks they would do something a bit more effective if they were going to retaliate.

Why would they cause minor inconvenience that could justify their opponents to act?

Why would they strafe large US Navy vessels in little speed boats (by comparison)?

Are you referring to a specific incident?

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Saudi oil tankers hit by 'sabotage attacks' as Gulf tensions soar.

Riyadh (AFP) - Saudi Arabia said Monday two of its oil tankers were damaged in "sabotage attacks"...

Saudi Energy Minister Khalid al-Falih said the two tankers suffered "significant damage" but there were no casualties or any oil spill.

One of the two tankers that was attacked was on its way to be loaded with crude oil from a Saudi oil terminal for customers in the United States, Falih said.

Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi "warned against plots by ill-wishers to disrupt regional security" and "called for the vigilance of regional states in the face of any adventurism by foreign elements", the statement added.

Well, here we go! Again.

Looks like the Neocons under Trump and the pro-war media are ramping up their pretexts to finally attack Iran.

Looking at the pictures, it seems more like a collision vs an "attack" or sabotage.

But we wouldnt want facts to get in the way of attacking yet another country in the ME.

Saudi Arabia oil tankers among those hit off UAE coast amid Iran tensions.

The owner of the Norwegian vessel, Thome Ship Management, said the vessel was "struck by an unknown object". Footage seen by Reuters showed a hole in the hull at the waterline with the metal torn open inwards.

A senior Iranian lawmaker said "saboteurs from a third country" could be behind it...

Same old playbook but dont expect the pro-war corporate media to remind us.

EXCLU SIVE: To Provoke War, Cheney Considered Proposal To Dress Up Navy Seals As Iranians And Shoot At Them.

Hersh explained that, during the meeting in Cheney’s office, an idea was considered to dress up Navy Seals as Iranians, put them on fake Iranian speedboats, and shoot at them.

A Fine Propaganda Piece here . You should be Proud that some Suckers Reading it will Fall for the Misdirection . ..Nice TRY ............

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: gladtobehere

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, "There will be no war".

This is bluff and "Sturm und Drang". It's actually a better way of negotiating with elements in the Middle East than appeasement.

Iran has no respect for appeasers. They didn't under Obama.

Strength? They respect.

There will be noise. There will be bickering and shouting and threats.

But that's all it'll be.

In my opinion.

exactly. Like Carter, Reagan, and the hostage crisis.

That's OK. We all know liberals aren't very good at understanding world culture.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
"Sturm und Drang".

Those exotic weapons in Destiny 2 are great together.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I'll take light sweet crude over gutter oil any day!

www.businessinsider.com...

The use of gutter oil it turns out is pretty common. This refers to a process of pulling waste oil from sewers, grease traps, waste from slaughterhouses, reprocessing it and then selling it as cooking oil.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I knew Applebee's was a place of God.

Because I dislike going there as much as church.

Maybe they should combine them, more people might find Jebus if they were pouring free mudslides at church.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I say let Saudis and Iran duke it out and we should stay out of it. Both of them are state sponsors of terrorism

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Here we go again, the hounds of war are hard at it. It's obvious that Bolton and gang are champing at the bits to wage war with Iran, and Venezuela for that matter. This requires, of course, a red flag operation to justify why we must protect the world (from a much weaker opponent) — even though these are sovereign nations minding their own business, not threatening anyone. Don't let Team Trump do this, people. War does not serve us well. Not to mention that, once again, we will be the aggressor nation making the first strike. Why should America do this? We don't want anyone bombing us. Or do we?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Yea, this one is fishy.

Are you referring to a specific incident?

One of many.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

That video was funny. What were the gonna do, bleed on them?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Thanks.
I would still like to see "made public"' the manifest of those
tankers, who was on board, and charted destinations.

edit on 15-5-2019 by Wildmanimal because: clarify

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
We need to take out Iran and Saudi Arabia and declare ourselves [the usa] Opec.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join