It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And it begins: Saudi tankers headed to the US "sabotaged & attacked".

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Saudi oil tankers hit by 'sabotage attacks' as Gulf tensions soar.

Riyadh (AFP) - Saudi Arabia said Monday two of its oil tankers were damaged in "sabotage attacks"...

Saudi Energy Minister Khalid al-Falih said the two tankers suffered "significant damage" but there were no casualties or any oil spill.

One of the two tankers that was attacked was on its way to be loaded with crude oil from a Saudi oil terminal for customers in the United States, Falih said.

Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi "warned against plots by ill-wishers to disrupt regional security" and "called for the vigilance of regional states in the face of any adventurism by foreign elements", the statement added.

Well, here we go! Again.

Looks like the Neocons under Trump and the pro-war media are ramping up their pretexts to finally attack Iran.

Looking at the pictures, it seems more like a collision vs an "attack" or sabotage.

But we wouldnt want facts to get in the way of attacking yet another country in the ME.

Saudi Arabia oil tankers among those hit off UAE coast amid Iran tensions.

The owner of the Norwegian vessel, Thome Ship Management, said the vessel was "struck by an unknown object". Footage seen by Reuters showed a hole in the hull at the waterline with the metal torn open inwards.

A senior Iranian lawmaker said "saboteurs from a third country" could be behind it...

Same old playbook but dont expect the pro-war corporate media to remind us.

EXCLU SIVE: To Provoke War, Cheney Considered Proposal To Dress Up Navy Seals As Iranians And Shoot At Them.

Hersh explained that, during the meeting in Cheney’s office, an idea was considered to dress up Navy Seals as Iranians, put them on fake Iranian speedboats, and shoot at them.

edit on 14-5-2019 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Pompeo tried to sell the story abroad and no one bought it.

Because if you're Iran, facing sanctions and scrutiny , what you do is attack high profile ships in broad daylight in heavily trafficked regions near your borders... Makes perfect sense.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Guess they can't get away with that one twice so more direct methods are needed for a trigger this time ... perhaps.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Hmmm, minor damage in context and no injuries.

So they put their middle finger up and proceeded to stick their hand in a hornets nest.

Makes sense.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yea, this one is fishy.

Iran is no saint, but me thinks they would do something a bit more effective if they were going to retaliate.

Why would they cause minor inconvenience that could justify their opponents to act?

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia oil stations attacked by drones

Saudi Energy Minister Khalid Al Falih said on Tuesday that two oil pumping stations for the East-West pipeline had been hit by explosive-laden drones, calling the attack "an act of terrorism" that targeted global oil supplies.

Someone is trying to make their Oil more desirable

Guess ? Not that hard to figure out lol ?

anyway - The Tanker count has been updated UPDATE 12-Saudi Arabia oil tankers among those hit off UAE coast amid Iran tensions

edit on 5142019 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

Who is threatening who ?

Threatens Carrier/Shipping

Threatens to Close Strait

Threatens Region
edit on 5142019 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Even if that's the case, if I remember correctly we were operating off intel last week that suggested imminent actions from Iran or their proxies on US interest in the region.

2 tankers get hit and no one tightens security? Just leave anchored tankers out like sitting ducks after knowing there is a threat, and then knowing the targets?

The line between false flag and letting someone tag you is pretty thin to me. The motive or intent is still the same.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I think it's important to note the only party I've seen say so far that this was an attack by Iran or their proxies is a prince of Saudi Arabia.

All other sources I've seen say something along the lines of likely, apparently, possibly ect.

I'm skeptical but not ruling out Iran would do something this dumb.... But Saudi Arabia has proven to be one of the most untrustworthy sources.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Here's an article saying Yemeni Houghi run TV station broadcasts that they hit Saudi Arabia.

If this is the case, I find it interesting that the wording in most of the headlines implicates Iran. I know that Yemen is considered a proxy war, but they are also getting hammered by Saudi Arabia. So they strap some bombs to some drones and hit some tankers. That's like shooting bottle rockets at a car. I fail to see how this equates to Iran directly attacks Saudi Arabia.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
There is one very simple way Iran can avoid war with the United States of Goddamn America to the Republic for Which We Stand.

Get some friggin U-Hauls and get your asses off of our oil. Tick-tock mofos.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Get some friggin U-Hauls and get your asses off of our oil. Tick-tock mofos.

^^^^ This is an example of how Americans are willing to bully people into doing exactly what we want. When in reality, we need to be more open minded and allow them to make their own choices.

They can use U-Hauls or camels to get off our oil.

Take note Augi, we're gonna learn together today.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm willing to be flexible.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

i wonder what kind of piece the central bank of iran is in this puzzle.

Do not know, or even care.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Bolton and trump will have their war. 120,000 troops to the middle East maybe. It will be glorious, MAGA MAGA!!

www.independent.co.uk...

www.axios.com...
edit on 14-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, "There will be no war".

This is bluff and "Sturm und Drang". It's actually a better way of negotiating with elements in the Middle East than appeasement.

Iran has no respect for appeasers. They didn't under Obama.

Strength? They respect.

There will be noise. There will be bickering and shouting and threats.

But that's all it'll be.

In my opinion.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Look I am not personally keen on Iran but that image just made me guffaw out loud.

The truth is....
Look how long Iraq held them in a stalemate taking all of Iran's resources to stave off Saddam and his cronies, how quick did Saddam fall to America and her allies.
How long would Iran last against a concerted effort by a real super power.
Not very long but it would just create new instability in the middle east and more terrorism so is it better to wash this particular hornets nest away or just contain it.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, "There will be no war".

It depends on how our economy does. If it starts getting shaky, it's war time folks.
Nothing helps the American economy more than war!

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well.. the media is 99% liberal. Why would they ramp up anything to do with war? Their only motivation right now is to run fake stories on Trump.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join