It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it illegal to rob a bank?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Banks rob us, on an almost voluntarily basis, every day...

How is your bank robbing you? Bit lost with this one.

An yes, it's illegal to rob a bank and people who do deserve to be chucked into prison.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

As a United States citizen, as one of the People, those federal reserve notes are not your money. The federal reserve is a private corporation, I'm sure you know that, at least I hope you do. Through an insidious yet ingenious plan, it was created to steal away our sovereignty. Read "The Creature from Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffen

u·su·ry
/ˈyo͞oZH(ə)rē/

"the illegal action or practice of lending money at unreasonably high rates of interest."

You don't own anything that is paid with debt. Look on the title of your house, you are listed as the tenant, not owner. With your car, you get a certificate of title, why not the original?
The federal reserve has every right to lien the United States if they default on their loans. That means everything purchased or acquired under the loan is subject to siezure and liquidation to satisfy the terms.

If in the bank, "your" money is the banks money until you take "your" money out of the bank and then it still isn't yours. Are you aware of austerity measures? Think they can't happen, you are very naive if you do.

Now what? I don't know, you tell me. Not sure what that's supposed to mean.

I have been researching this stuff for close to 2 decades. Not much to explain to me anymore, pretty clear what's on the books.

Yes, robbing a bank is illegal. No, the money isn't yours, sorry.

edit on E31America/ChicagoTue, 14 May 2019 14:44:36 -05005pmTuesdayth02pm by EternalShadow because: edit

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
A bit of Clash ``Daddy was a bank robber ``
For some reason it wont load up the vidio.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-5-2019 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Idk my job don’t pay me in gold I get a pay check, I can’t trade my pay check for any thing other then money really. Seems kind of one sided but then again if I have to go without maybe I’d be forced to do crazy things to survive. Couldn’t say

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
u·su·ry
/ˈyo͞oZH(ə)rē/

"the illegal action or practice of lending money at unreasonably high rates of interest."

Stoo-pid

"The act of someone borrowing money at unreasonably high rates of interest since no one makes you do this."

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I agree, we consent to some of the stupidest crap imaginable in the name of 'convenience'.

One thing you'll never see added to the K-12 curriculum:

Contracts and Obligations.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Idk my job don’t pay me in gold I get a pay check, I can’t trade my pay check for any thing other then money really. Seems kind of one sided but then again if I have to go without maybe I’d be forced to do crazy things to survive. Couldn’t say

That doesn't mean you can't use part of that check to purchase some physical gold, ---NOT ETF's!!

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Um.... Because the law?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Banks rob us, on an almost voluntarily basis, every day...

The worse the robbery, the worse your credit is. Yet this is legal.

Turn the tables on a bank... all of the sudden its illegal.

Seriously?!

Banks don't rob anyone. People are just financially illiterate.

Spot on. If the OP is bitching because they have account fees, they're the fool for not shopping around. Plenty of local and regional banks don't charge fees for basic accounts, and most (local or otherwise) don't if you direct deposit your paycheck. SIMPLE solution to account fees right there.

If the OP is bitching because they've been smacked for overdraft fees, well, I don't feel particularly sorry for you, because that makes you stupid & self-sabotaging to get roped into them in the first place. Don't live beyond your means, and DON'T OVERDRAFT BECAUSE YOU WANT SOMETHING. Story of my damn mother's life, she's had overdraft fees pile up and compound because she just HAD to have that pack of smokes or box of hair dye even though she was already overdrawn. ChexSystems is very familiar with her across several banks, all of whom she defaulted on their accounts, deep in overdraft debt. She's burned through her second-chance account chances, I'd be shocked if anyone ever lets her open an account again.
Biggest. Financial. Idiot. EVER.

Seeing what kind of moronic rabbit hole she lives in has prompted me to be very proactive & cautious with the bank account & it's contents. I have NEVER overdrafted, ever. My current bank gave me the option of turning OFF overdrafting permission, meaning if the money ain't in there, the sale/charge/etc isn't going through. Tough luck, deal with it, plan better, etc. Overdraft permission will never be turned on, it's not worth it.

Hopefully OP isn't trying to usurp my mother's Financial Dumb Ass status.
edit on 5/15/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Seriously, you still have banks around?

Where I live, you can't even rob the banks as all the branches have closed down

edit on 15-5-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join