It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can sea level rise 11x more in one area than another over a year?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle
So you don't like Christian's?.
Hmmmph.

Well Dave, go hug your own Volcano - oh you already are - just don't sit on it especially if you are on a high fiber diet mind you that would be amusing to watch like blazing saddles takes on the atheists or something - then again you might get to heaven before us on that fart rocket bit like a levitating (yogic hopping) TM after a meal of Chilies and bean's.

Sorry could not resist.

Now snide comment's and sense of humor apart that is actually very interesting, the earth is not a perfect sphere more like a knobbly potato if you take away the liquid of our ocean's that is (though it is still mostly a sphere unlike accentuated artists renderings would suggest), also material in the crust and possibly below it is not always of uniform density, indeed that is why aluminum rich continental plates float over iron rich ocean plates.
Since the material below the crust may be in motion it is possible that some of this denser (but still semi fluid - then again geology regards most features as like viscous fluid over time) sub crustal material may actually move around over time and if so these gravity anomaly may actually be transitory phenomena that may move over century's or eon's as the slow moving sub-crustal material swirl's around inside our planet.
That made me think of a whole load of other fringe stuff and if perhaps one day future people would be able to harness that affect and even create it through artificial mean's, we may not be able to create artificial gravity (or can we?) but we may one day be able to control the density of different regions of our planet's surface of other other planet's that our descendants may one day reach - unless we go the other way and turn into a race of mole people or something.

edit on 14-5-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Maybe there's a magma chamber under the island. The Earth's crust is only about 4 miles thick under the oceans.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
"Rise"?

The reality is that its not rising. It just covers a greater surface area. To be considered "rising" it needs to be measured in relation to something. I.e., the land around it.

Which is the answer to your question.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
So you don't like Christian's?.
Hmmmph.

Well Dave, go hug your own Volcano - oh you already are - just don't sit on it especially if you are on a high fiber diet mind you that would be amusing to watch like blazing saddles takes on the atheists or something - then again you might get to heaven before us on that fart rocket bit like a levitating (yogic hopping) TM after a meal of Chilies and bean's.

Sorry could not resist.

Now snide comment's and sense of humor apart that is actually very interesting, the earth is not a perfect sphere more like a knobbly potato if you take away the liquid of our ocean's that is (though it is still mostly a sphere unlike accentuated artists renderings would suggest), also material in the crust and possibly below it is not always of uniform density, indeed that is why aluminum rich continental plates float over iron rich ocean plates.
Since the material below the crust may be in motion it is possible that some of this denser (but still semi fluid - then again geology regards most features as like viscous fluid over time) sub crustal material may actually move around over time and if so these gravity anomaly may actually be transitory phenomena that may move over century's or eon's as the slow moving sub-crustal material swirl's around inside our planet.
That made me think of a whole load of other fringe stuff and if perhaps one day future people would be able to harness that affect and even create it through artificial mean's, we may not be able to create artificial gravity (or can we?) but we may one day be able to control the density of different regions of our planet's surface of other other planet's that our descendants may one day reach - unless we go the other way and turn into a race of mole people or something.

Resistance is futile :-)

I really don't know what you're on about though, in regards to Christians? I mentioned the nasty religion of anthroprogenic/anthropromorphic global climate change, NOT Christianity. I refer to AGCC as a religion because it comes complete with dogma, zealots and high priests. It has the appearance of a religious ideology, its dogma may not not be questioned. It has been created to confuse and then brainwash the masses to separate them from their money. Hugging a volcanoe is more appropriate for that kind of parasite, especially if it is political and feeds on the taxpayer trough. Personally, I'd like to see them have sex with magma :-)

Do try to read what I wrote this time :-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/14.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Sorry I had to make a joke you used the term AGCC which is usually taken to mean All God and Christian Council's.
And yes I shall read more of the comment's I just got a tiny bit riled but also found it humorous, other than that I totally agree with you and found that a fascinating point you made, as the earth's gravity varies so does the sea level in that region - I suspect that to get an accurate measure it would require satellite laser mapping of ocean surface height in relation to a stable and as damn near perfect as they could make it concentric orbit at a fixed altitude over the center of mass of the entire planet, any other method would likely have a far higher level of deviation due to other factor's (remember though even as best we could make it Gravity warp's space time so it would never be one hundred percent - it would be suitable though).

And I did not mean to offend so once again sorry.

edit on 14-5-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
As I recall, the ocean isn't one uniform body of water so variation of ocean depth or height doesn't surprise me.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Sorry I had to make a joke you used the term AGCC which is usually taken to mean All God and Christian Council's.
And yes I shall read more of the comment's I just got a tiny bit riled but also found it humorous, other than that I totally agree with you and found that a fascinating point you made, as the earth's gravity varies so does the sea level in that region - I suspect that to get an accurate measure it would require satellite laser mapping of ocean surface height in relation to a stable and as damn near perfect as they could make it concentric orbit at a fixed altitude over the center of mass of the entire planet, any other method would likely have a far higher level of deviation due to other factor's (remember though even as best we could make it Gravity warp's space time so it would never be one hundred percent - it would be suitable though).

And I did not mean to offend so once again sorry.

I am just having fun with you too, the forums can get kinda dry sometimes :-) As far as measuring anomalies in the ocean, it can be done with laser reflectometry, but our atmospheric pressure instruments are accurate enough to measure the 100 foot water valley. The Sonne in 1987 had all that equipment on board when it was searching for the crash site of the Helderberg 747b-200.

Actually, I have a couple of absolute and relative pressure sensors made by Motorola. I can measure absolute air pressure changes down to a few feet, using an externally controlled absolute reference pressure for sea level. So if I can do it pretty easily, imagine the accuracy they can get in a lab instrument :-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/14.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Wind and tidal variation's are noted and always have in different areas even within just a few miles of one another especially when ocean and river estuary current's meat and class.
Subsidence of land both natural and artificial (caused by human activity such as excessive artesian/ground water removal or fracking etc were these types of man made activity's can cause severe ground subsidence).

As for the pyramid's, most especially the expert's believe they are only about 5000 years or so old, I believe but only in the case of the Giza pyramid's that they are a lot older than that and the dream Stele (the one - of three - that survived with half it's text missing anyway) does not relate to building the pyramid's but to renovating them and the sphinx.
The Bent Pyramid however IS only as old as it is claimed to be BY Egyptology and I have no doubt they are correct were that is concerned and contrary to Egyptology explaining it as an earlier model I believe it was actually built a long time after the three at Giza and may be the largest surviving pyramid from Dynastic time's probably built aping the ancient Giza pyramid's which Egyptology claim's were build AFTER it, the standard reason given though remain's the same the builders did not know what they were doing and as they build it got too big and too heavy so started to crack and so they build it shorter than it would have been which also reduced the weight of the final structure.
Egypt is full of pyramid's including some that are currently not properly explained which may once even have rivaled or been larger than the Giza pyramid's.
www.ancient-code.com...
Likely if they did turn out to be real pyramid's and not merely terrain features - perhaps once shaped by human hand's?, then these WOULD turn out be from dynastic Egypt and unlike the Giza construction's and Wyses dodge fake hieroglyphics if there burial chambers are intact these may have a lot of secrets to give up - if they are ever taken seriously and excavated - but if the Giza pyramid's are as old as some including myself believe - later renovated and perhaps even expanded by the Egyptian dynasty's but a lot older than them then there is also a potential that other ancient pyramid's may exist that are not in as fine a state of preservation, were not renovated and have been ignored so just perhaps these might be the real ancient prototypes of the Giza pyramid's and also date from a far earlier and forgotten epoch in human history - just perhaps but I guess we shall never really know despite claim's by many on this site whom think they KNOW when in fact they also do not know they merely believe what they have been told and are in some cases expert's in disciplined built upon a house of card's.

You know the valley of King's has a pyramid shaped mountain, it is believed that this is one reason why it was used by many of the greatest rulers of Egypt as there burial place, but is that pyramid shaped mountain really just a natural formation - they most certainly do occur in nature - or could it too have been a natural feature that may once very long ago have been shaped by intelligent design and shaped by the hand of man or some other race now long gone.
www.walkopedia.net...

Maybe some of those older people's were more intelligent and sophisticated than is accepted today?.
www.themysteryofthecarpathiansphinxmovie.com...

And then you have the just plain weird and really far out spaced beliefs of new age fringe that just maybe if we could get all that tinsel and stupidity out of the way could be very interesting.

And then we have the REALLY unpopular claim's, some love them but other's see them as nothing but hill's with a con artist making claims about them, my gut feeling is that it is somewhere between the two and indeed they are artifacts and real but is everything he has claimed true?.

Great post and I'm going to watch those video's, I was just introduced to that mountain pyramid a day or so ago. When I mentioned the Bent pyramid, I did so kind of tounge-in-cheek b/c I didn't believe the water didn't find it's own level.

As for the pyramids, I think they are much older as well, and the Sphinx. I have to wonder about the large pyramid mountins they found in Croatia or the Balkans which IIRC would be bigger than the great pyramid of Giza if there is a pyramid underneath. I think it also has a peak roughly the same point above sea level as the Great pyramid but the base is lower compared to sea level - I have to read up on this, I wonder why this hasn't been looked into further.

I have to say that it is truly amazing how much "dirt" can be built up over time from trees and plants growing along with wind blowing dust/dirt. We have some white pines that were planted maybe 25 years ago in terrible clay soil and now there is about 4-5" of very nice soil underneath it and an additional 2-3" of needle mulch. Imagine what would happen in 10 - 12,000 years? If I'm seeing about 16" per century then over 12,000 years that would be 160 feet of dirt accumulated if it was the same rate! That doesn't count people dumping or moving dirt around but that is an amazing amount of soil to accumulate from the CARBON cycle.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

There are gravity anomalies in the Indian ocean that I was told about by the captain of a search and rescue ship. He said that in some cases the water level dropped by around 100 feet over an area of 10 sq nautical miles and gradually climbed back up to normal ocean surfaces levels. He said it wasn't like there was a current pulling you towards the centre, it was more like a uniform anomaly. I have no reason to doubt him, he's a very smart man and he has worked on a plane crash I also worked on.

So, don't know if the island is sinking, it's tidal effects or gravity anomalies, but there is general a science based explanation that has nothing to do with the nasty religion of anthropogenic/anthropromorphic climate change.

And for all the AGCC crazies out there, go hug a volcanoe :-)

Cheers - Dave

Was this gravity issue near Yemen by any chance? I heard about one near the horn of Africa some time ago, the report said they felt like they were sailing up a large wave when it was supposed to be flat. If that is really what happened that would be one scary @zz thing to experience, I'd think I was getting sucked into a "whirlpool" or water vortex behind me.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Water will push land down in 1 area and up in another

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Just a thought, but a few years back Japan literally took a whole mountain to bits , created large chunks of Rock and bit by bit it was all dumped into the Sea to Make a New Cargo Harbour. China too has Shaped up certain zones by dumping ton after ton of solids in the water - to again create either Island extensions or New Harbours. . With global water trying to maintain a usual previous balance, have Japan & China, upset things ???

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The island is probably in an enclosed lake/sea not connected to the 7 seas.

All the ships, rubbish and land erosion (caused by human activity) also contribute to the raising sea level. The narrow-minded-global-warming-caused-by-human-alone community keep talking as though melting ice is the only cause. In my country, 25% area is reclaimed land.
edit on 14-5-2019 by everyonedies because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

There are gravity anomalies in the Indian ocean that I was told about by the captain of a search and rescue ship. He said that in some cases the water level dropped by around 100 feet over an area of 10 sq nautical miles and gradually climbed back up to normal ocean surfaces levels. He said it wasn't like there was a current pulling you towards the centre, it was more like a uniform anomaly. I have no reason to doubt him, he's a very smart man and he has worked on a plane crash I also worked on.

So, don't know if the island is sinking, it's tidal effects or gravity anomalies, but there is general a science based explanation that has nothing to do with the nasty religion of anthropogenic/anthropromorphic climate change.

And for all the AGCC crazies out there, go hug a volcanoe :-)

Cheers - Dave

Was this gravity issue near Yemen by any chance? I heard about one near the horn of Africa some time ago, the report said they felt like they were sailing up a large wave when it was supposed to be flat. If that is really what happened that would be one scary @zz thing to experience, I'd think I was getting sucked into a "whirlpool" or water vortex behind me.

The captain of the Sonne just said it was in the Indian oven. Will ask its exact location next time I talk to him.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

You will probably like this then.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.historicmysteries.com...
thelivingmoon.com...

There are more pyramid's in China than anywhere else on the planet - with the possible exception of south America as we still have not gained a true number since so many are hidden by the jungles there.

The Chinese Communist government even paid farmers to farm on the sides of them to hide them perhaps as a part of the Maoist policy of destroying there own culture as he tried to replace it with a communist mind set among his people.

There are descriptions of the great white pyramid being up or even more than a thousand feet high which would of course make it an artificial mountain and of it having once had a shining giant gem on it's peak - the Pyramid's of Giza may once have had golden or perhaps also gem type cap stones.

The next video's I want you to take with a VERY LARGE degree of skepticism but they are still important and who know's maybe the guy is telling truth but it is still hard to overlook the potentially racial overtone's of what he say's (chinese racism and cultural appropriation of a previous race and ethnic group whom may once have lived in much of what is today China and there need to erase knowledge of these previous/other people's - look at the sterilization of Tibetan's and resettlement of ethnic Han into Tibet for example - are actually very racist to other people's and have through there history believed themselves superior to all other races though in fact Qin whom China has named after had to conquer seven pre-existing kingdom's and had all history's of previous empires that may also have been as great or even greater than his own erased even to the point of murdering the scholars of China) - but if true it would explain a lot and open up a whole raft of new question's.

??? take this next one with an extra helping of skepticism but still intriguing and just maybe?

They say that the Victor writes the History but time and time again it would have been far more appropriate to say that it is the Victor that DESTROYS history.

At the very least the great white pyramid which had a tomb DUG into it's side for one of China's great general's may indicate that a once greater empire than Qin's once existed and a once greater Emperor or Empress of possibly all China and beyond may once have ruled from there - if it is a tomb?.

The Chinese are rather more diverse than just the Han and today many ethnic group's that were NOT Han are now classed as Han having adopted the language and custom's of the Han Conquerors but there are still rumor's of Non Han especially in regions with dominant Han populations being treated as somehow lesser people though it is worth noting such behavior is not limited to the HAN but is a common human trait in all people's around the world and show's a darker side of human nature, fear and rejection of the strange and the foreign as tribal allegiances and normality's shape the perspective of the member of any group and the group as a whole.

But what history's it has caused us to lose over the ages, what knowledge - though that is not always a bad thing because sometime's we have to climb that ladder again to get it right and not slip off it some way's up.

And if the human race has to do that ten thousand time's before it finally reaches a point were it can no longer slip back down into savagery and racial amnesia then it shall have to do that ten thousand time's because in the end it may be worth the long struggle.

Now if all these pyramid's - oversize lemon squeezers that they are is getting a bit too much maybe you want to stretch your investigation a little bit in another direction, have a look at these.
www.ancient-wisdom.com...
And in West Africa an airport used by the US during WW2 that is one of the longest in the world but may have been built on TOP of a pre-existing ancient stone pavement that looks for all the world to be - A - Runway or something that look's like one made up of huge stone pavement slab's - all they had to do was slap some asphalt on top of it and add some buildings - unless the US had some very - very - very large building equipment there in WW2 and built an airport out of megalithic and heavily eroded stone block's which I somehow doubt they did.
solarey.net...

And what about - well not exactly a stone's throw from it but in the same general region of West and Central Africa a rock formation some believe is actually an ancient stone sculpture possibly of an ancient queen or goddess called the Lady of Mali.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Now instantly the term's Atlantis and Ancient Astronaut's are thrown at it and that is all because of some book's written in the last century but I would rather just refer to forgotten Chapter('s) of human history, there may have been thousands of Atlantis like catastrophe's and we just latch onto the last or most famous one, there may also have been many previous advanced civilization's (the usual argument against is were is there rubbish/trash then since we make a lot of it ourselves - too much in fact for the planet to sustain us much longer unless we clean up our act).

(in his defense the guy whom made this statement if it is not false news was probably referring to more primitive civilizations like Rome rather that super advanced Antideluvian civilization's - or was he?)

www.ancient-code.com...
And then this takes a different tack on the question?, before human's.
www.theatlantic.com...

Just one caveat to all of this, it is an interesting hobby, some can make money out of it from the many that want to know but in your day to day life it is really not that important at all, in fact it has no importance in the real world day to day life of anyone except for those scholars.
It is at best an interesting diversion and at worst can disrupt - but the truth is always worth seeking after even when it may sometime's reveal unpleasant truth's about ourselves and that after all is how we grow and mature not only as a person but perhaps also as a race.
We need to see the past so we can garner the data we need to plan for the future, some would rather bury it though and they are very bit as passionate and self convince of that as we are in seeking it out.

edit on 15-5-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Note to the wise, I had recalled that data about the white pyramid but none of those filmed including the one believed to be the white pyramid matches that old account I read in a book long ago, that version of the white pyramid therefore may be nothing but a fisherman's tale.
While some of the Chinese pyramid's may be larger than the great pyramid at Giza they are actually no where near as impressive as they are mostly mound type constructions much more similar to the meso american pyramid's than the best of the Egyptian examples which we see at Giza.
And it is most likely that despite the sun god's guy's claim (he is mostly only riding the research of others and has some cult type ideas and what seem's to be a following so take his opinion with an even larger pinch of salt just to be on the safe side) about sun god's that they are actually Chinese tomb's after all - but not definitely, just almost definitely.
The other races I mention were mostly what we call Mongoloid or south east Asian races and race is loosely used as we are all really just one race - the human race so it is used to indicate ethnic groups in this statement.
China still has many unique and interesting ethnic group's including native Chinese that look more Caucasoid (named after the caucasus mountain's but used to refer to western european's).
For example this young lady despite her looking Slavic is actually native Chinese from a minority group - though how native that group is and how mixed with other ethnic groups they may be is an interesting question.

And a unique matriarchal society.

edit on 16-5-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join