It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tlaib: When I Think About The Holocaust This Way I Get A 'Calming Feeling'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
This Congresswoman Tlaib is a lawyer.
Obviously she has some kind of "reason" for all her suggestive and treacherous commenting 😀

Rashida Tlaib violated both STATE and FEDERAL law. Unless Rashida is "above the law", she should be punished like anyone else.

Democrat Michigan congresswoman Rashida Tlaib violated state election law and also federal law by lying about her residence to run for office in Michigan.

Since Big League Politics exposed her residence lie using credit score and property records and archived information, Congressman John Bumstead communicated to us through an intermediary that Tlaib broke the law.

Tlaib’s own father even said that Tlaib “lied” about her address in order to run for office, meaning that Tlaib represented a state House district that she did not live in.
More at: bigleaguepolitics.com...

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Beth Baumann Posted: May 12, 2019 6:55 PM

Just when we think that Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) couldn't get any more anti-Semitic, she proves us wrong. Her latest remark is rather cringeworthy too. During an interview with Yahoo News' podcast "Skullduggery," she explained her take on the Holocaust.

"Theres always kind of a calming feeling, I tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust, and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors — Palestinians — who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence in many ways, have been wiped out, and some people's passports," Tlaib said.

"And, just all of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust, post-the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time. And, I love the fact that it was my ancestors that provided that, right, in many ways, but they did it in a way that took their human dignity away and it was forced on them."

townhall.com...

The historical revisionism that this representative is attempting it's jut unbelievable. Not only does she claim that The Palestinian people were the ones who suffered because of the holocaust, but she blames the Jewish people for it...

What's worse, left-wing/democrats/liberals on the overall have remained silent and have not called out the false claims made by this anti-semite who is a representative of the U.S. government...

Of course, she is not the only one who has done this, as representative Ilhan Omar has also made anti-semite comments, and even devalued the tragedy of 9/11.

Is this what we are looking forward to, and who we want representing all of the U.S.?

you use the holocaust for your right-wing-propaganda. thats the real sad thing.

quote from a jewish journalist:

These statements made by Republicans are absurd, disgusting, and infuriating to hear, especially for an American Jew like myself. Anyone with more than three brain cells can see that Tlaib was in no way implying that she found the Holocaust “calming.” There is no way to claim that was her intent without wildly distorting her comments.

This cycle of distortion and overreaction is the same one that has played out over and over as the right (and some in the center) have expressed “outrage” over Tlaib’s colleague Omar’s comments on the very real power of the Israel lobby in American politics.

Reading hatred of Jews into Omar and Tlaib’s comments is a dishonest and dangerous way to smear the first two Muslim women in Congress, both of whom also happen to be on the left of the Democratic party. The fact that people are spreading these distortions as a Republican president who says that Nazis were “fine people” sits in the White House goes to show how little any of these people care about anti-Semitism. The only thing they really care about is silencing the left and getting their way, and they are willing to steamroll over all of us, Jews very much included, in order to do it.

splinternews.com...

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Let Palestine and Israel just fight it out so there can be one clear winner and loser.

Seems Palestinians are hell bent on fighting the Jews, so maybe they should get a taste.

This would be big news if 35 percent of the country did not support this kind of talk.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Yes, and the fact is Palestinians are the ones who attacked Israel to prevent an Israeli state.

Go think about the murder of Jews and calm down.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Even though she's was fully quoted, you're still going with the hyperbolic arguments...

Mentalists

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

There are two sides to every conflict. Every side has a point of view if you are willing to listen:

Yet only one can be correct
I go with "History of the Region" for $100
Some folks should stay well away from that category

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
does talib use the same brand of ball point pens lil' anny frank used?

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I seem to remember reading that they were full citizens of Israel until the Yom Kippur war where they trusted the attacking nations and did not assist israel.

After the war is when they became second class citizens.

Could be wrong working off memory.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
"Palestinians" - this term in itself is somewhat of an excuse. There is no race or nationality or even country called that.
There never was.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

There are two sides to every conflict. Every side has a point of view if you are willing to listen:

Donald Trump said something like this once; it's used as proof that he's a racist.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
The fact that people are spreading these distortions as a Republican president who says that Nazis were “fine people” sits in the White House

Well you are spreading distortions too because Trump never said that Nazis were “fine people”.

Trumps actual words:

“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

A few minutes later he said:

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Unpopular truth: she's right, you know.

David Ben-Gurion proclaimed the Establishment of the State of Israel with Truman backing him a day later, EXACTLY 21 years ago, to the day. This is all decades after the Balfour Declaration and the US with their..... what's the proper way to state this without offending anyone... "semetic-ly staffed board", together with the help of the British and the United Nations, finally agreed to carve a chunk of the area and reserve it as Israel.

Long story short, ww1 created Palestine (for the most part), ww2 created Israel out of part of what was Palestine

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufoespecially for an American Jew like myself.

Speaking of distortions…

An interesting side note here is that
Most American Jews are not really Jewish.

When you do the math you find that most American Jews are posers.

The Torah opposes same sex marriage and abortion, so many people wonder why a Jew would support the democrats.

American Jews do not care about Israel. They do not even care about Judaism. They care about secular leftism – not the Torah. American Jews are the most non-religious, religious group in America. That’s why most of them vote Democratic. Jews who care about Judaism do not vote left. It's the Jews who do not care about Judaism that vote left.

Jews voted over 80% for Obama’s first term. Yet after they saw how Muslim Obama treated Israel, only 20% dropped out of voting for him a second time, meaning he still got 60% of the Jewish vote.

According to the Gallup polls, only 41% of American Jews say that religion is important to them in their daily life.
Only 34% attend religious services.
22% say they have no religion.
Only 38% say they identify with Judaism.
Only 10% are Orthodox.
Only 40% of American Jews believe that God gave Israel to the Jewish people.
27% say God did not.
28% of American Jews say they do not believe in God.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Why let facts get in the way of a good hit piece.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Tlaib looks so youthful and vibrant for a Palestinian.

Oh, that's right, her and all the other "Palestinians" only identify as such (which is good enough for progressives these days). None of them can trace their ancestry back that far.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I'm assuming the conflict you are talking about is the Muslims against the Jews, right? The whole "Palestinians" thing is an invention made into a political weapon with no historical merit.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Muslims should just leave Jews alone. They must have a built-in "hate gene" or something. Always starting sh'it.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Jews lived on that land before the Pals did, that’s why what this women is saying is revisionist history. Also the whole thing with Israel coming into being happened many years before South Africa did therefore cannot be the “new” South Africa. Please stop. Your premise is flawed and is honestly offensive.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Lololol

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Your post has absolute NOTHING to do with Zionists government policies TODAY that are human rights violations against Palestinians living TODAY.

But you are right. There is nothing or nobody in the World who is going to stop Israel from revenge killings of most likely innocent Palestinians.

You can ignore one side all you want but the fact remains. Treating people without human rights is wrong.

I hope Israel buries more tunnel diggers making there way into Israel with more of that wet concrete so they can be a testament to time of what happens to aggressors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join