It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William Barr appoints U.S. attorney to investigate Russia probe origins

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
BOOM!

Monday, May 13, 2019 8:52pm - WASHINGTON — Attorney General William Barr has appointed a U.S. attorney to examine the origins of the Russia investigation and determine if intelligence collection involving the Trump campaign was “lawful and appropriate.”

So we're back to shoddy reporting standards ''a person familiar with the matter'' more leaks...

The person said Barr has appointed John Durham, the U.S. attorney in Connecticut, to conduct the inquiry.

Durham has previously investigated law enforcement corruption, the destruction of CIA videotapes and the Boston FBI office’s relationship with mobsters.

I'm not very familiar with those investigations, maybe someone else can chime on on substance.

Does this mean the Democrats efforts to arrest AG Barr now fall under ''obstruction of justice'' considering it was corrupt Democrats who helped the investigation grow legs and continue to push it in congress and the house?

www.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 13/5/19 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
From Wikipedia

In December 2000, Durham revealed secret FBI documents that convinced a judge to vacate the 1968 murder convictions of Enrico Tameleo, Joseph Salvati, Peter J. Limone and Louis Greco because they had been framed by the agency

emphasis mine..

In 2002, Durham helped secure the conviction of retired FBI agent John J. Connolly Jr., who was sentenced to 10 years in prison on federal racketeering charges for protecting Bulger and Flemmi from prosecution

Durham's task force also gathered evidence against retired FBI agent H. Paul Rico who was indicted in Oklahoma on state charges that he helped Bulger and Flemmi kill a Tulsa businessman in 1981. Rico died in 2004 before the case went to trial.[6]

Durham also led a series of high-profile prosecutions in Connecticut against the New England Mafia and corrupt politicians, including former governor John G. Rowland.[6]

seems to be the right man for the job..

In 2009, Attorney General Eric Holder appointed Durham to lead the Justice Department's investigation

well looky, Democrats even liked him back in the day...

+5 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
They're going to "throttle" the "reports" to coincide with the 2020 election campaigns 😎

Lots of dirty things going to get exposed on official levels ㊙

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Looks like Rosenstein threw Comey under the bus for his shoddy work on the Hillary investigation and his comments about him. Getting interesting. On my Fox feed.
www.foxnews.com...#
edit on 5/13/2019 by mugger because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Looks like it is happening!
And Rosenstein unloads on Comey as a partisan "pundit".

This means subpoena's, grand jury's, indictments are coming!

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

That's good. I hope they get unrestricted access and security clearance and can clean this mess up once and for all.

(Will the same people who complained about the Mueller investigation costs do the same thing here too?)

+2 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I hope justice prevails, but I have my doubts about our government.

Serious doubts.

I think (behind closed doors) heads will roll, but we won't see it.

My theory is that Rod Rosenstein was able to retire quietly if he rolled over on the Obama Justice department and the attempted coup.

+5 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

That's good. I hope they get unrestricted access and security clearance and can clean this mess up once and for all.

(Will the same people who complained about the Mueller investigation costs do the same thing here too?)

This one shouldn't cost too much...

After all, it's not an investigation looking for a crime and a lot of what needs investigated has already been documented under oath or part of electronic records already subpoenaed..

To the OP, nice to see Barr is moving forward.

As another poster stated, I am guessing now that looking into Barr at all now (or tweeting anything bad about him) should now be considered Obstruction of Justice.

Naa... who am I kidding... like the MSM and Democrats would hold themselves to the same standard they apply to others.

S&F for the news!

+3 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Squirm libtards... justice is coming...!!!

link   
dp
edit on 13-5-2019 by ATSAlex because: (no reason given)

link   
dp...
edit on 13-5-2019 by ATSAlex because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATSAlex
Squirm libtards... justice is coming...!!!

You should have left the triple posts up.
They need to read it 3 times so it sinks in.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Why would anyone complain about an investigation into
a criminal conspiracy at the highest levels of government?

I do not fully trust Rosenstein, however he sure cleaned up his act.

Rod's statement on Comey - A full cold blast!

"Now, the former director is a partisan pundit, selling books and earning speaking fees while speculating about the strength of my character and the fate of my immortal soul," Rosenstein said. "That is disappointing. Speculating about souls is not a job for police and prosecutors. Generally, we base our opinions on eyewitness testimony."

www.foxnews.com...

Hahahaha

" selling books and earning speaking fees while speculating about the strength of my character and the fate of my immortal soul"

"Speculating about souls is not a job for police and prosecutors"

Oh my looks like Comey may have rode his horse a bit too high?

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Bombshell time!!

Muller also testifies soonish. Weird timing, mild coincidence at best.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Gotta love this development. Barr bringing in a stone cold killa.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Nice!

Lets get the ball rolling!

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Let them try. In the end, they should have just gave him the $ for the wall. Apologized. Kissed the ring. And look toward 2024. No, they doubled down and are ending up in crosshairs.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

So How Long will it be Before Congress Calls John Durham before them to do some " Splayin " ? I give it MAX 5 Days ........

edit on 13-5-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'm sure he won't hire 18 angry Republicans to create an entrapment and evidence fabrication team.
edit on 5/13/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: PilSungMtnMan

Let them try. In the end, they should have just gave him the $ for the wall. Apologized. Kissed the ring. And look toward 2024. No, they doubled down and are ending up in crosshairs.

No probz.

I'm not paying for any of it. I'm far away living the island paradise dream.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join