It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has happened to this forum lately?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This used to be a thriving forum with considerable diversity. Lately when I come here I see the same topics that were on top a week ago when I was here. And often the discussions are one-sided. This seems to be happening with lots of forums but I did not think ATS would fall this far.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Well...the UFOCRYPTIDPARANOMALBIGFOOT Forums are still here....Ready and waiting for content.

As far as politics go...95% of ATS Leftists appear to have crawled into a hole somewhere.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Well...the UFOCRYPTIDPARANOMALBIGFOOT Forums are still here....Ready and waiting for content.

As far as politics go...95% of ATS Leftists appear to have crawled into a hole somewhere.

its 95% of the normal people.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
You think the grifters selling the "1/2 the gov is really bad, so be happy with the kinda bad half scam is annoying?

Wait till AI for good, I mean gov is released.

We are screwed, it's as bad as brainwashed sports fans.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I think the political forums are waning slightly. It has filtered those who are primarily antagonists. ATS will endure the Mud Pit and Rant.

The whole world is awash in turmoil and we won't see much relief for a while worldwide.

There is a sizable number of members that endeavor to have discourse and civil communication with other members and friends. There is so much more here than the two forums mentioned. Think of a topic and go to search and be amazed. That alone will occupy hours.

You and I both came in about the same time, I know your name. Patience is our friend.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
This used to be a thriving forum with considerable diversity. Lately when I come here I see the same topics that were on top a week ago when I was here. And often the discussions are one-sided. This seems to be happening with lots of forums but I did not think ATS would fall this far.

when it comes to politics ats is a right-wing-forum. since trump takes over the far-right, the nationalists, feel strengthened. now is the time, as always. but there are many cool members here. right-wingers are human beings too.(: and when it comes to ufos or space in general we are all on one side.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The majority of people are too pro trump no matter what... Trump lies, all politicians lie... They like trump because he says what he means, means what he says.... until asked about something he said and they say thats not what he meant lol...

The hypocrisy of the trump supporters have sickened us others so much, it is not even worth posting or commenting anymore.

Just my take

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It wasn't all that long ago that Ron Paul ruled ATS. And Bernie Sanders had his day here, too.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

The political left has made many people move further right.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
How many times a week does someone post this same thread?

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

It is easy.. this used to be the preeminent conspiracy forum...

But it is a couple things..

All the moderators (almost) are pretty hard core conservative.. then a couple who are not mods go around flagging any liberal posts they don’t like...

Which gets sent to those hard right conservative moderators to review..

Which gets flagged/banned/exc..

Which has caused the snowball effect where it is just a couple hundred people active..

Plus this forum is very outdated..

It has not stayed current with the technology..

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

its 95% of the normal people.

It's 26% of America, if you care to do the numbers.

So not a majority at all.

Then if you look a the left's ideology, the term "normal" doesn't apply.

No, what is happening on ATS is but a microcosm of what is happening in the USA...

More and more people distrust the media, more and more are doing better under this President than any other for at least 2 generations.

More and more are starting to see what the left is really all about and are unhappy with it.

More and more are starting to call out the left on their BS.

Any on the left that can critically think have found themselves in a position that is no longer defensible.

So all we have left here is the ones that can't think critically....

And the normal people.

ATS is not right-leaning at all.

It is reality-leaning.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I personally enjoy the echo chamber. All the insults I receive just confirm that I have inspired some thinking enough for a reaction, even if it is slanderous.

And the designation of being "people like you" allows for a little insulation.

The sockpuppets don't even try to hide anymore.
edit on 13-5-2019 by olaru12 because: check it brenda

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

dont stop thinking about tomorrow, dont stop it'll soon be here..............................

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Think it's called TDS.....

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

It is easy.. this used to be the preeminent conspiracy forum...

But it is a couple things..

All the moderators (almost) are pretty hard core conservative.. then a couple who are not mods go around flagging any liberal posts they don’t like...

Which gets sent to those hard right conservative moderators to review..

Which gets flagged/banned/exc..

Which has caused the snowball effect where it is just a couple hundred people active..

Calling BS on that.

You would call me a hard-core conservative. Which I'm not... y'all just moved the goal posts so far left I can't see them anymore.

All these "Hard-Right" moderators you are talking about?

THAT's what I'm calling BS.

I have one particular one that has had their boot on my neck for so long I was seriously thinking of getting a tattoo of it.

Thing is, every SINGLE time I get a warning, get a post removed, get points taken away, etc....

I see them doing the same to ones on the left that are doing exactly what I am doing.

They are sometimes harsh but always fair... even if sometimes they get my panties in a knot over how some of what I post is treated.

So no.. they are not biased politically.

You just have to understand that this isn't Facebook or the comment section of YouTube.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

The political left has made many people move further right.

Actually, studies show that the left has moved further and further left, while the right have stayed fairly constant. This is why people on the left believe that anyone centre/right is far right.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Not a fan of the partisan stuff but giving a star for taking the time to comment.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

when it comes to politics ats is a right-wing-forum. since trump takes over the far-right, the nationalists, feel strengthened. now is the time, as always. but there are many cool members here. right-wingers are human beings too.(: and when it comes to ufos or space in general we are all on one side.

I guess I expect there to be some dissent even within parties. I do not really see that here. It's disappointing.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
How many times a week does someone post this same thread?

I wouldn't know. I rarely see new threads when I come here anymore. I assumed others have posted similar threads. Can't hurt anything at this point since every other thread is about Trump and just falls into nasty bickering right away.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join