It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans[gender] Fact Checker: The Reality Behind the Myths

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The information you presented has already been rebuked by other posters in this thread.

Suicide and murder rates with trans people are much higher than the general population.

I do draw the line when it comes to sports. Someone who has lived as a male with the body and muscle mass(that will change with hormone therapy) of a male will have an unfair advantage against women in sports.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The information you presented has already been rebuked by other posters in this thread.

Suicide and murder rates with trans people are much higher than the general population.

I do draw the line when it comes to sports. Someone who has lived as a male with the body and muscle mass(that will change with hormone therapy) of a male will have an unfair advantage against women in sports.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Okay... agreed. Other posters have rebutted and rebuked the information I have provided, including links. And I have responded and posted counter links. And we can do so till the cows come home. So are you saying you have nothing to add?

That may or may not be. The records and statistics are not complete -- for neither suicide nor murder -- and therefore flawed.

The prevalence may also vary by region/country. For example, no transgender people have been murdered in England since 2016 (if I remember correctly); but there have been other people murdered in England. So that does not hold true in England. Further, those numbers have to be considered within a greater context. Specifically, the self-reported disproportionately high rates of intimate partner violence within the trans community, as well as the prevalence of violence inherent in sex work which is common in the trans community.

I agree -- and appreciate you distinguishing your position in that regard.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Having a severe mental issue will do that.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

Having a severe mental issue will do that.

Especially when mental and emotional issues are mis-diagnosed or not diagnosed at all (think "self ID"), and therefore treated inappropriately. Which can and does lead to severe physical issues via negative side effects and other adverse outcomes, thus compounding and aggravating pre-existing mental and emotional issues.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I love how they've been so quick to debunk one of the world's foremost experts on the subject of transgenderism who helped write the criteria in the DSM V because he didn't say exactly what they wanted him to.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I love how they've been so quick to debunk one of the world's foremost experts on the subject of transgenderism who helped write the criteria in the DSM V because he didn't say exactly what they wanted him to.

And especially with so many trans identifying men readily identifying as one or the other of the two typologies Blanchard studied and described!

But it's also quite sad because this rejection of valid medical research, and the continued indulgence of whims and wants rather than needs and genuine healing methods, is causing untold suffering within the transgender community itself -- and especially children. As evidenced by the high rates of post-transition suicide rates, high detransition rates (when not medicated, and nature is allowed to take its course), the high transition regret rates, the high rates of post-surgical complications and adverse outcomes, and on and on.

The current trendy gender affirmation treatments are not working. But if we keep doing what we're doing, we'll keep getting the results we're getting. Doubling down on this inanity will only increase the harm proportionately.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Here is what mega donor Tim
Gill said of the Equality Act

“We’re going into the hardest states in the country,” he said. “We’re going to punish the wicked.”
www.heritage.org...
That’s what he wants to do to anyone who doesn’t agree with his position.
edit on 15-5-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Excellent article -- well worth the read for real examples of how gender identity laws are wreaking havoc where implemented. And that seems to be the purpose. Divide-and-conquer in the name of gender identity.

That’s exactly how these laws have been used—not to protect people from unfair treatment, but to punish people for their beliefs.

I wish the author had brought up retaliation tactics as well, like this:

Mom Describes Sexual Assault of 5-Y-O Daughter in School Bathroom After Transgender Policy

She explained that her daughter was assaulted in November 2017 at an elementary school that is part of the City Schools of Decatur....

"So she was in the bathroom and she was pulling up her pants, when one of her classmates came into her bathroom, a little boy. She tried to leave the bathroom, [but] the little boy pushed her against the bathroom stall. Basically pinned her up against there. She asked him to stop, he wouldn't. He took his fingers and he was penetrating her through her pants. She asked him to stop, and stated several times that it hurt. He refused," the mother continued....

Thomas explains that she has since been involved in an ongoing dispute with the school. She accused the City Schools of Decatur of blaming her for the incident and even sending the Department of Family and Children's Services to investigate her family.

She says that the school has continued ignoring the assault, and even directly told her that the bathroom policy would not be reversed.

I don't want to minimize the injustice of the religious freedom issues, but I am far more horrified by the persecution of a parent for reporting a sexual assault on a child that never should have been allowed to happen in the first place...

WTH??? How did we get here???

Anyway, thanks for posting!

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

MYTH Transwomen pose no risk to women and girls.
REALITY Transgender males retain the same rates of criminality as other males, including for violent crime, according to the only long-term study (Dhejne et al, 2011). Fair Play for Women found that at least 40% of transgender prisoners in England and Wales are serving sentences for sex offences, a far higher proportion than the general prison population. These figures have since been corroborated by the Ministry of Justice.

This one is kind of a joke. What do you mean by "pose no risk?" There isn't a human on earth that poses absolutely no risk to anybody else. This easily applies to trans and "cis" gender people. Nobody argues that and those stats are very selective and really don't mean anything.

Honestly, I have never heard any of those "myths" projected as truth. I'm sure some people say those things, but it doesn't seem common, at least based on what I've read. Transgender is not even close to the same thing as trans-sexual.

edit on 5 15 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

This one is kind of a joke. What do you mean by "pose no risk?"

That was a direct quote from the article. Not my words.

There isn't a human on earth that poses absolutely no risk to anybody else. This easily applies to trans and "cis" gender people.

Perhaps I'm just being too literal, but plenty of people pose no risk to others. However, I would agree that there are bad apples in every bunch, including trans.

Nobody argues that...

Yes, actually, Trans Activists do in fact argue that.

...and those stats are very selective and really don't mean anything.

How are they selective? Well, beyond the fact that they are "selective" in terms of counting/measuring/analyzing sexual and violent offenses. I am all for keeping these stats in their proper perspective, and happy to discuss all the whys and wherefores, but you'll have to give me more to work with...

Honestly, I have never heard any of those "myths" projected as truth. I'm sure some people say those things, but it doesn't seem common, at least based on what I've read.

Not sure where or what you've been reading, but these "myths" are all over, and quite common in discussions about transgender issues.

Transgender is not even close to the same thing as trans-sexual.

There are definitely distinctions to be made between transgenders and transsexuals, especially depending upon who one talks to! Especially within the transgender community itself, where transsexuals have been targeted and bullied and harassed and otherwise ostracized and marginalized by Trans Activists. Not a pretty picture at all.

However, I'm not sure in what context you mean this...

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BoadiceaThere are a number of related issues. Sadly our young people have become fodder in the Progressive Marxist push for social change.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I used to think Bill Payer was a person

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   
i dont get it, so i am a male but feel like I should have been female so i have the right to join girlscouts and compete against other women in womens sports, and go to whatever bathroom i want and you should call me Cindy now but dont treat me any different than before. And i should get a medal of honor because i told everyone about how i feel. Does that about sum it up.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
its like they expect the world to work around their problems, instead of them dealing with it.

So let see here, I have panick attacks and high anxiety. Instead of dealing with it, by getting counseling or meditating or medicating or JUST BEING OK WITH IT, BECAUSE ITS ME. I now expect everyone out there to not only understand that i have panick attacks, but to let me fly first class because i need the room and bigger seats. And i need to board sooner than anyone else. How about when i have panick attacks my work should just let me go home, and pay me the rest of the day off?

You people are ridiculous, figure your # out like the rest of us. Dont expect people to have to work around you, we all have enough of our own crap to deal with.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Have you been keeping tabs on the case in Canada where the mother and father are divorced with joint custody, but the mom has hooked the daughter up with a trans-affirming therapist and suddenly she has become he, and now all kinds of legal stuff is going down.

From what I've seen, it's hard to tell how much is this a truly trans kid and how much is this a spat between divorcing kids?

But we've seen that script play out before too, haven't we?

Or you have this ...

This week, The New England Journal of Medicine published a bizarre story. A "transgender man" entered a hospital with severe abdominal pains. Because she was identified as a man, the doctors naturally did not think to treat her for labor and delivery, so she tragically lost the baby. Rather than emphasizing the danger of placing gender identity over biological sex, both the journal and The Washington Post made the absurd claim that the hospital should not have ruled out pregnancy for a man.

By the time anyone thought to get around the PC stuff and start looking at potential pregnancy in a female body, it was too late to save the baby.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Some weeks ago I was watching a TV program. One of the guest judges is on a very popular reality-type show. They introduced this person as being "non-binary identifying...something, something" (I'm sorry, I can't remember the exact terminology). The contestants were directed to address this person, not as "her" or "him" but as "them." (I guess I'm naïve but she sort of looked like a HER to me...)

I really did not understand this, so I decided to do some research. (Yeah, I Googled it...cuz that's my go-to when I'm trying to LEARN.) One of the links that came up was an article posted in Teen Vogue. And I have to be honest, it really, really disturbed me. The author kept saying things like "what's really COOL about..." or "the really FUN thing about transgender (or non-binary-identifying...or whatever) is..." And the article basically said, you can decide to be whatever you want...there are just SO MANY options, it's like a smorgasboard of self-identity...

It just seemed to me that they are literally MARKETING this mindset (that you can decided what your gender is despite your biological reality) to impressionable young people. They are telling our kids that this is really NEAT, and you are AWESOME if you decide you no longer identify with your biological reality...and you are so FLY...so on-trend (just like fidget spinners or half-tucks or odd piercings or whatever the latest craze is at your high school).

I do try to understand people who think differently than I do, I try not to judge...but when a magazine, that has the power to influence youth still trying to find their way into adulthood, is PUSHING an agenda and promoting it as "cool and fun and awesome" then I get pretty badly bothered.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No, I haven't seen the Canada case, but it doesn't surprise me. Canada has gone pretty extreme with their transgender affirmations and "protections". I expect we'll see more and more like this coming from Canada. And I'll keep my eye out for the case you're referring to...

I'm glad you mentioned the divorce aspect as well. There was another case here with a little boy that the mother is insisting is trans, and demanding the father "affirm" his gender. But dad said he liked being a little boy with him, and was refusing to do so. We do know how both mothers and fathers will use the kids to their advantage in divorces, and we have to consider that in these cases. We also have to consider a form of Munchausen by Proxy. I'm not sure that would be exactly right, but it's close.

The second case with the pregnancy is just tragic. Not to say that the mother wouldn't have aborted the child anyway once realizing it was a pregnancy, or that it would not have been stillborn/miscarried anyway. But we'll never know because it never got that far because basic fundamental biology was ignored in favor of whimsical ideology. And if not this time, then what about next time? And the time after that? Because the very real nitty gritty of it all is that words have meanings, and when we confuse language, we confuse reality and bad things happen.

Ignorance is only bliss until it bites us in the butt.

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy
I really did not understand this, so I decided to do some research. (Yeah, I Googled it...cuz that's my go-to when I'm trying to LEARN.) One of the links that came up was an article posted in Teen Vogue. And I have to be honest, it really, really disturbed me.

Ugh... I've read of a few very questionable subjects covered in Teen Vogue... I'm already disturbed...

The author kept saying things like "what's really COOL about..." or "the really FUN thing about transgender (or non-binary-identifying...or whatever) is..." And the article basically said, you can decide to be whatever you want...there are just SO MANY options, it's like a smorgasboard of self-identity...

It just seemed to me that they are literally MARKETING this mindset (that you can decided what your gender is despite your biological reality) to impressionable young people. They are telling our kids that this is really NEAT, and you are AWESOME if you decide you no longer identify with your biological reality...and you are so FLY...so on-trend (just like fidget spinners or half-tucks or odd piercings or whatever the latest craze is at your high school).

Interesting observation. I've never looked at it in those terms, but I've seen similar enough to know what you mean. And there is just soooooooo much wrong with all of that! I don't even know where to begin. But what sense does it make to tell kids they can -- must! -- deny what they are to be who they really are? If "gender" isn't tied to sex and "gender" can be anything that one makes of it, then how is "gender" anything at all? How can anyone "be" or "live as" anyone except themselves anyway? At some point, isn't this all just semantics?

There is no rhyme or reason...

I do try to understand people who think differently than I do, I try not to judge...but when a magazine, that has the power to influence youth still trying to find their way into adulthood, is PUSHING an agenda and promoting it as "cool and fun and awesome" then I get pretty badly bothered.

Sure makes ya wonder where it's coming from, eh?

posted on May, 16 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
So there are no transgender folk on this forum? That's a shame, I feel like we need someone who is living it to talk about their experience to really understand how it works.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join