It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans[gender] Fact Checker: The Reality Behind the Myths

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Here's one for ya...I am a woman and I like to play with these online
quizzes.One was on the sex of your brain,what percentage is male
to female. My results came back that I think 100% like a male.Does
this make me a transgender?

One is a stupid FB app quiz based on algorithms and your own FB posts and the other is a highly advanced piece of medical technology used to scan brains then that data is compiled against neurological studies. You do understand the difference right?

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I don't force my beliefs on anyone,I bribe with cookies!

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Debunkings Blanchard’s Claims, Theories and Hypotheses

With links to papers or studies.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

Exactly there is no point in conversing with you, we are enemies...

I understand that you think I'm your enemy, but I'm not. And I don't consider trans people my enemies. Nor do I want them to be.

...and you are dangerous to the Trans community.

Again, no, I'm not any danger to anyone -- trans or otherwise. To the Trans Activist agenda, maybe... I sure hope so! But to trans people themselves, I want only what is best for everyone. I don't want to hurt anyone, and I don't want anyone to be hurt. Including by misguided and exploitative medical treatments and procedures, or laws and rules and regulations.

Talking to you is like talking to brick wall smeared in s#@t, I'd rather not. You're obtuse, good day sir.

There's that darn misgendering again... From the same person who pitched quite a fit about someone misgendering you, and happily promote laws that would throw someone in jail for misgendering you, but somehow you are quite happy to do it to me.

And you do not even realize that this says everything about you and nothing about me.

So don't talk to me. No sweat off my back.

Good day, Sir.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I don't force my beliefs on anyone,I bribe with cookies!

Oh my... homemade fresh from the oven???

I would be putty in your hands

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Funny,I quit facebook at least 4 years ago! One last thing...
I have had brain scans in the past,the last one was last year.
I do know the difference,Mama out for now.I'll be back,trust
me.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: W0LF3

Thank you for posting.

Folks can read for themselves and educate themselves and come to their own conclusions.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

There's that darn misgendering again... From the same person who pitched quite a fit about someone misgendering you, and happily promote laws that would throw someone in jail for misgendering you, but somehow you are quite happy to do it to me.

You're not familiar with sarcasm and being snarky, quite clearly that was meant to be tongue and cheek. You can't see that I was intentionally going out of my way to misgender you in an attempt to mock you and be derogatory. FFS you are dense.
edit on 14-5-2019 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Also Fair Play For Women and their supposed report. click link to get facts.

A report has been published this week falsely claiming that 41 per cent of trans women in prison are convicted sex offenders. It was conducted by Nicola Williams and Fair Play For Women, a group known for its anti-trans agenda.

Group behind Metro newspaper ad sent ‘chilling’ tweets about trans women getting ‘1,000 cancers’

Your sources are biased and contain holes in their supposed myths and facts.
edit on 14-5-2019 by W0LF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Some more facts from a personal trainer.

The facts in this link are based on the standing vertical jump.

The Standing Vertical Jump (SVJ) test is a measure of the difference in height of the upraised hand between a standing position and at the top of a single countermovement jump with no foot movement and no step. It is regarded as the best indicator of the inherent capacity for power and explosive capacity. The men's record is 46” while the women's record is 31”. The averages, 22” for men and 14” for women, represent essentially the same ratio as the records. SVJ increases with age, from 10 years until it stabilizes from 21 to 30 and begins to degrade. It is a direct measurement of the ability to recruit muscle into contraction quickly – neuromuscular efficiency – and the differences between women and men have profound implications for both the performances and the training of women and men.

That natural ability gap between men and women as measured by SVJ begins in the womb and is inherent to congenital birth sex. Whatever you think you should be has no bearing on it. Whatever you do to try to tamper with it will not significantly alter it because it begins to separate us that early.

There are more hard facts about sex-related body differences in the article.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Oh noes .... you called someone who is not a sir a sir. I'm sure she's terribly hurt by it.

I get mistaken all day and all night for a man on this forum in ernest and I have yet to curl up in the fetal position crying over it. OMG, someone thinks I must be a man. It's the internet. No one can actually see me. Grow a thicker skin. FFS ... since we're throwing that one around and all.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Rainbow -- I cannot and will not do this. Think what you will of me... say what you will... call me what you will... accuse me of what you will...

Your words will stand on their own merit.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You really are hard on the sports angle aren't you, sports are obviously important to you so I get that. In fact I tend to lean in agreement with you on the competitive sports angle, however I believe it should be more of a case by case basis as opposed to just broad sweeping Trans kids out of sports all together. For late transitions though who have been cursed with unwanted hormones well into life thus grown disproportionately to the gender they wish to compete as I say that in most cases would be a no-go. That being said back when I was in my 20's I was a pretty decent runner and I met a co-workers early Teen daughter one day, maybe about 12-14 and we were playing around and for some reason or another she was chasing me. I'll tell ya that little girl could run and she damn near ran me down, not quite but I'm confident she'd been able to in a few more years. Sometimes skillset trumps gender but again I think that should be looked at on a case by case basis.
edit on 14-5-2019 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: W0LF3

Here is a very thorough analysis of the known parties, numbers and records:

Transwomen Sexual Offenders — a Closer Analysis of MoJ Statistics

Those interested can read and come to the own conclusions.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

No.

I think there should be a choice made. Athletes at competitive levels are told they have to compete with the equipment they are born with. This is why society is so obsessed with performance enhancers and there are all those drug tests. I had to sit the pee test a time or two randomly in college, myself. Not fun. They call you out of bed at 5am to go do it, and you better have to pee right then or they make you sit there until you do ...

But the point is that what you are born with is your natural equipment that you compete with. It's what separates you from the others. Up until your body, everything else is kept as close to fair as possible so as to allow your natural abilities to differentiate and the results of your training.

Like it or not, the male and female bodies are different and start being different in the womb thanks to our chromosomal makeup. The only people who might be able to say otherwise are those very, very rare individuals who can truly claim to be intersex.

No matter how good I might have been in my heyday and no matter how much testosterone I could pump into my system striving to make myself masculine, I could never, ever catch up with a body that had a Y chromosome and enjoyed that advantage from the time it was in the womb. My physiology just would not catch up.

Similarly, no matter how much a man wants to become feminine, no amount of estrogen and damping down testosterone is going to erase the advantages of having that Y chromosome from the time he was in the womb. It just isn't going to happen, and that natural performance advantage is always there.

That's why I stand firm that transgenders who want to be athletes need to decide which is more important to them: medical transition or competition. I don't care someone wants to dress and live like the gender they say they are, but when it comes to competition, you compete with the body you were born with, and if it's male, you're lining up with the men, training to compete against men, no matter how much you live as a woman. The same thing applies in reverse.

If medical transition is more important, you can still enjoy an active lifestyle, but the rec league co-ed sports are where you need to be, not serious competition because it's not fair to any of those athletes who cannot alter their own bodies the way medication has altered your own.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: W0LF3

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
A few years ago, on a lunch break, I heard a woman caller in the Rush Limbaugh show, and she stated that she and her women activists prey on children in the schools with their agenda and that they knew what they were doing was wrong (brainwashing through the education) but that they ( the group) had “won”. Yes that was the term I heard her use for pushing their agenda. They are radicals and very proud that they have accomplished what they wanted. They care nothing for the children and families they affect. How did our schoolhouses become hotbeds of sjw activist recruiting stations ? Our educational system truly has gone off the rails, and it’s the radicals doing it, it’s the new, and teachers unions allowing it. It’s a travesty. I’ve seen the books with pics of girl heads on boy bodies. How can children not be confused when they see that stuff? I remember clearly I posted on it at the time. It was when the Clinton email scandal had just come out and it was all over the news.

Yeh Sure u did buddy. *rollseye*

Funny how conservatives always know someone or have heard someone who admits to the very thing they are claiming happens.

I mean it couldn't possibly be a prank call or another conservative pretending to be the very person they claim they are against.
What, you doubt that I heard this caller on the radio ??? Lol that’s funny really. I remember it like it was yesterday. It could have been a prank caller. I’m not your “buddy” either. I much prefer a more feminine description of our acquaintance.
edit on 14-5-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: W0LF3
Funny how conservatives always know someone or have heard someone who admits to the very thing they are claiming happens.

I mean it couldn't possibly be a prank call or another conservative pretending to be the very person they claim they are against.

Sort of like racism anecdotes from certain agenda driven nothings in other discussions, then?

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

also
*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics
*ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW.

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Before I spend the time providing links to debunk your OP claims, why do not provide this thread with more than an opinion piece to back up your claims?

Right now it is opinion vs opinion, though a search on ATS should be sufficient to back up my claims with actual studies.

I not here to waste time today as I have far more important things to do today.
edit on 14-5-2019 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Before I spend the time providing links to debunk your OP claims, why do not provide this thread with more than an opinion piece to back up your claims?

That honestly makes absolutely no sense to me... In terms of the OP specifically, those were not "my" claims and I did not in any way present it as my work or my opinion, though I do obviously concur with the information. As noted in the OP, there were additional links in the source article to corroborate and substantiate the excerpted information I included. It is what it is, nothing more and nothing less, and you have had every opportunity to address and rebuke the information provided. In terms of the overall thread, I have provided several additional sources and links, including at least one direct link to a published peer reviewed medical study. And you have had every opportunity to address and rebuke the information provided.

So I have already provided "this thread with more than an opinion piece". If you refuse to directly address what I have already provided, how am I supposed to know what further to provide? How is that not just sending me on a ridiculous wild goose chase???

Further, you are free to completely and totally ignore me and post whatever rebuttal links, and additional/alternative perspectives, to your heart's content. You don't even have to interact with me. You can make whatever record you want.

Right now it is opinion vs opinion, though a search on ATS should be sufficient to back up my claims with actual studies.

Okay. You think so anyway -- duly noted.

I not here to waste time today as I have far more important things to do today.

Do what you gotta do

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join