It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans[gender] Fact Checker: The Reality Behind the Myths

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Its pretty easy to dispell half the crap you post but like many people have pointed out, its not like you or anyone like you would listen or actually try see things that stray from your deluded point of view. And I really dont feel like wasting my whole day on the computer for trashy hate filled people.

And no buisness owners don't and shouldn't have the rights to discriminate against people for no reason other they are different from you. So a small buisness owner should be able to discriminate against black people for no reason other than they're black? If not then why is it ok for trans people?

And i'll pee where I want boadyboads REGARDLESS if the equality act passes or what you or uncle sam have to say about it. And i'm almost postive you've peed in the same restroom as a transwoman before without even knowing it. So whats the issue other than, once again, they MAY be perverts? So like I've said.... irrational fear and transphobia from a terf.

Also, I am posting in regards to your ridiculous post. Which is why I pointed out one of the biggest flaws in your so called facts you posted being that 95% of trans women not getting full srs. You claim its because the majority of transwomen are really just autogenyphiles when in reality it's because the sugery is extremely expensive which prohibits most transwomen from getting it... ya know probably because most of them are discriminated against and can't find a decent paying job just because they're trans(which according to you is just fine and dannday). Yet you wanna post that and flip it to make it seem like trans people are just perverts and thats why they decide not to have srs.

Another poster also pointed this same fact out.. Did I just miss your response? Or is that just alot harder for you to cover up your bigoted stance on the matter and make it seem like you still have the best intentions at heart? Anyone who knows better can see right through your crap.

Trans people are also victims of violence of all types much more than they commit violence yet you wanna keep bringing up that transwomen are men thus they commit more crimes than women. Just sound like you got an issue eith everone who wasn't born a biological woman. Like a terf or a radical feminist or something..... And you make no effort whats so ever of differentiating that people from all walks of life do bad crap and they should be punished but we don't punish everyone for the actions of a few. I don't even know why your arguing and just don't come out and say you dislike transwomen as a whole? Instead of claiming your not talking about all trans people while posting a b.s statistic that claims 95% of trans women are really just "insert sly remark towards trans people here" . So only 5% of those trans people are really trans in your eyes? The rest are perverts? Is that what your saying? but your not talking about all transwomen just almost all of them. And i'm the one whos simple minded?😂😭😂.

You know damn well what your doing and where your true intentions lie.
And people get fired in life so tough cookies, is as simple minded as it gets. Your friends boss who fired her for being "to pretty" should have lost his job for discriminating against her for being a woman which is basically what he did if not a really round about way of sexual harrassment. Because he wasn't, doesn't mean that people should get a free pass to negatively impact the lives of trans people for no reason other than they're trans. So how is that a sound argument? It's not, it reeks of stupidity.

I could go on and on and post sources to back up everything but seriously whats the point? You guys already have your minds made up and has I said before statistics are like assholes everyone and every group has them and they can be easily manipulated or flat out untrue. I feel that most on ats know this, yet won't shy away from using them to back up their retarded point of view. You can't account for nor can you say with any form of certainty with what biases said research was completed with in mind and let alone if the study done actually
Holds up to scientific standards. And thats if the numbers aren't skewwed to begin with. But no that would never happen with the statiatics or research you provided cause only trans people have an agenda. Not you right?

You claim I am narcissist for advocating we treat people based on their actions and not who they are. I claim your really the narcissist for trying to mispresent data in order to fit your tryanical agenda.

Now tell me boadyboads where do we really go from here? What is me and you exchanging links all day really gonna do? You have your numbers and I have mine, now whos is right? Seems to me the best course of action would be to treat everyone fairly and give everyone the same feedom everyone else enjoys and if the break the law they go to jail. You know just like we do for everyone else? If you think i'm a bad person for advocating for my peoples rights then so be it. But when someone consistently trys to paint the majority of trans people as perverted rapist, not all just like 99.99999999 % of em..... your damn right i'm gonna tell them whats on my mind.

Like I said before your agenda towards trans people amounts to nothing more than the gun control argument just with slightly different subject matter. This should be banned because someone and people have done this. All the while ats cheers because almost all of them are extremely right wing and hey it ain't their freedom...... but merica eff yea. And how is it me, me, me? Your a bigger idiot than I thought lol nearly all my post are referring to the trans a gay community as a whole so how does that even make sense... its ok... I can wait for that answer.. mabey try actually understanding what your reading next time before trying to inslut people? may work out better for you.

So scream as loud as you want boadecia, you and the people like you have already lost this battle.
Don't wanna pee with a transwomen when the equality act passes? Do what you've been advocating trans people do for the past year and a freaking half....Hold it. Or don't go out for to long.... Simple right?

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Reply to Jg513

I could go on and on and post sources to back up everything but seriously whats the point? You guys already have your

What’s the point of backing up your statements with sources? Oh I don’t know, how about professional academics for starters. How about a debate of something that’s not just an opinion where you say that others opinions are just bs.

? may work out better for you. So scream as loud as you want boadecia, you and the people like you have already lost this battle. Don't wanna pee with a trans

Funny, there’s that term relating to winning or losing the battle. Winning is apparently more important than what is good for the people involved as evidenced by what’s happened to people undergoing radical operations after being exposed to “Gender Theory”. www.churchmilitant.com...
californiafamily.org...
youreteachingourchildrenwhat.org...
www1.cbn.com... ls?amp&__twitter_impression=true
So double mastectomy on 13 yr old girls is aok with you as long as it furthers what you believe in.
edit on 14-5-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Jg513

I feel sadder and sadder for you. I truly cannot imagine having to navigate the world and society and human emotions with such a self-imposed hateful -- and therefore limiting -- perspective on life. And people.

And especially because you are demanding the impossible, and therefore are setting yourself up for a lifetime of obstacles and rejections and disappointments... all based on your own false premises.

You can "identify" as whatever your want. I understand you believe in a magical "woman" essence bestowed upon you. I don't. Male and female are simply the long ago designated words for the two distinct body types. I have a female body type, and all the biological realities that go along with it. You have the male body type, and all the biological realities to go along with it. You can "believe" whatever you want, but I will always know that we are what we are and it is what it is. Folks calling you "she" and "ma'am" and whatever other word you want to appropriate is just lip service; you still have a male body and are therefore a man. Whatever stereotypes and gender norms you want to embrace or reject doesn't change the physical reality. You buy into the stereotypes... I don't and never will.

Truth and facts are observable and replicable. Anyone and everyone can look at a naked person and tell you which body type they have, male or female. No guesswork. No ifs, ands or buts. It is objective and tangible.

On the other hand, no one can look at a naked person and tell you what their magical gender essence is, because that's subjective and intangible.

Call me hateful and transphobic all you want. But the simple truth is that I'm quite happy to accept you as you want to live as long as you're not hurting anyone else. I don't care what you wear. I don't care how you adorn yourself. I don't care what you call yourself. I don't care how you "identify." I wouldn't even try to stop you, as a legal adult, from choosing unnecessary and risky cosmetic surgery if that's what you choose. Because I do in fact and in deed respect and support your rights. But genuine rights. That which you can do for yourself and by yourself without imposing or forcing your will on anyone else.

And I also very clearly get that you refuse to give me the same respect and courtesy.

(post by W0LF3 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

As a skeptic of the transgender movement (read: vast majority of transgender subjects are attention seeking bandwagon opportunists)

Proof please, you can't just say something like that without offering proof to your claim.
edit on 14-5-2019 by W0LF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: W0LF3

As a skeptic of the transgender movement (read: vast majority of transgender subjects are attention seeking bandwagon opportunists)

Proof please, you can't just say something like that without offering proof to your claim.

"Can't"? Really? 'Cause it seems to me that they already did....

However, by the same logic and for the same reasons you applied, you should have offered your own evidence and/or proof, rather than a cowardly challenge with nothing substantive offered.

If you have documented data or some information that contradicts the assertions in the comment, or even OP, you can certainly post such information here for everyone's perusal and consideration. It would be most welcome.

Whatcha got?

(post by W0LF3 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

"Can't"? Really? 'Cause it seems to me that they already did....

However, by the same logic and for the same reasons you applied, you should have offered your own evidence and/or proof, rather than a cowardly challenge with nothing substantive offered.

If you have documented data or some information that contradicts the assertions in the comment, or even OP, you can certainly post such information here for everyone's perusal and consideration. It would be most welcome.

Whatcha got?

I never made any claim there smartguy lol Only asked for proof of that claim.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

The op has made several good points backed with facts.
Do you really want to know my opinion on this topic? I
will give you some hints of my background...I am a 64
year old conservative,Bible believing granny.I have no
fear of homosexuals or transgenders unless they start
shooting at me for my beliefs.I recently decided to keep
my feelings and opinions to myself,I will make you an
exception.
One last thing...the rainbow belongs to God!
edit on 14-5-2019 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: W0LF3

I never made any claim there smartguy...

So you've got a big fat nothing? You ignore the documented facts and opinions in the OP, you challenge the opinion of a fellow ATSer offered on a discussion forum, admit you have absolutely nothing upon which to base your challenge, and then you dare to MISGENDER ME!!!

That's literal violence!!! You're trying to erase me!!! I'm so triggered!!!

But okay. Good to know.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

The op has made several good points backed with facts.
Do you really want to know my opinion on this topic? I
will give you some hints of my background...I am a 64
year old conservative,Bible believing granny.I have no
fear of homosexuals or transgenders unless they start
shooting at me for my beliefs.I recently decided to keep
my feelings and opinions to myself,I will make you an
exception.
One last thing...the rainbow belongs to God!

First of all I don't care about any of this so ok you're a lil old bible thumping lady, good for you. I'm glad you're not scared of me though and aww I feel so special you made an exception for me. That last part though whoah, are you really offended because I used the word Rainbow in my name? When you say god, you should say "my god" because you're beliefs are not held by everyone and they are unprovable so you don't really have a lot of ground to stand on making that claim. From a scientific standpoint rainbows belong to no one, they are merely ultra violet light rays being reflected off of condensation, nothing more, nothing less albeit pretty.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I just do not understand why claiming you are another gender and changing your appearance can make you another gender. I'm not exactly opposed to what others choose to do in this regard. I just don't believe you actually become another gender. It's like claimimg you are batman. You may look like him but that does not make you batman.

(post by W0LF3 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

...you're beliefs are not held by everyone and they are unprovable so you don't really have a lot of ground to stand on making that claim...

Very very wise words. Some things are tangible... objective... observable... easily known by anyone and everyone.

Other things are intangible... subjective... lack substance... and are believed by some, but unknowable by all.

And while it is perfectly acceptable for everyone to have their own beliefs, it is never okay for anyone to force their beliefs on others.

Never ever ever...

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

How about stop being an idiot.

Tee hee hee!!!

I specifically asked for that one poster to prove their specific claims and did not say the OP and his claims were wrong.

And I specifically asked you to provide any documentation or data to the contrary. I did not say you and your claims were wrong.

And there you go misgendering me again...

Stop changing the goal posts and stick to what I asked about what they posted.

I didn't change the goal posts... I just added new ones. You asked the poster what you wanted to ask, and it still stands, waiting for their answer. I asked what I want to ask, and got my answer.

You seem to be special... maybe ask an able minded person to help you out and reply for you.

Back to the childish and churlish insults, eh?

Well, I'm not really surprised. It is the go-to for Trans Activists. Unfortunately for you, I don't care. Call me whatever name you want. I'm not the one in need of compliments and validation from others. I'm not the one desperately seeking approval from others. I'm not the one who has to prove anything to anyone. I'm not the one questioning who and what I am.

I already know I'm awesome.
edit on 14-5-2019 by Boadicea because: spelling

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Brains scans show Transgender brains resemble desired gender from early age, that is science backed with hard data.

Link

Link

Link

Link

Is that enough sources for you? Do you find them to be credible?

Here is an interesting article

The Search for the ‘Transgender Brain’ Is Dangerous—and Dehumanizing

The hunt for the “transgender brain” is just as fraught as the quest to find a “gay gene.”

Neither will give way to lasting acceptance for LGBT people. And because there are bound to be outliers and exceptions to any rule, neither will ever definitively answer why some kids grow up straight and others queer, some cisgender and others transgender.

What’s more is that both have the potential to be exploited: One need only consult the history of doctors trying to lobotomize or shock homosexuality out of existence to realize the dangers of tying LGBT identity to a specific part of the brain or a stretch of DNA.

“Despite scientific evidence to the contrary, polling demonstrates that 21 percent of Americans think that this population has a mental illness, and 39 percent think being transgender is a choice,” the Inverse article begins. “Science repeatedly refutes these views, and new research… shows even further evidence that transgenderism has biological roots.”

But therein lies the problem: If science has indeed “repeatedly refuted” the idea that being transgender is a choice, and yet Americans still overwhelmingly have easily-disproven conceptions about transgender people, then more “evidence” probably won’t matter all that much when it comes to cultural acceptance.

I can use the interweb too to find data that supports my existence. Care to retort with anything that refutes this other than opinion? The other article points out how even if science validates us people like you still won't accept it and so the cycle of abuse and hate continues because "They're different and that scares me."
edit on 14-5-2019 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Brains scans show Transgender brains resemble desired gender from early age, that is science backed with hard data.

Um, technically, no. There have been some very interesting and intriguing findings, but the results do not confirm what you suggest.

Blanchard’s prediction follows from studies that have repeatedly shown that the homosexual male-to-female transsexuals are “female-shifted” in multiple, sexually dimorphic characteristics, whereas the heterosexual male-to-female transsexuals are not (Blanchard, 1989a, 1989b). For example, homosexual male-to-female transsexuals are sexually attracted to natal males, express greater interest in female-typical activities (even in childhood), and are naturally effeminate in mannerism. In contrast, heterosexual male-to-female transsexuals are indistinguishable from nontranssexual natal males on these variables. The heterosexual transsexuals are still distinct from typical males in other ways, however, such as by manifesting “autogynephilia”—the erotic interest in or sexual arousal in response to being or seeming female. The consistent detection of cross-sex features among homosexual male-to-female transsexuals, but not among heterosexual male-to-female transsexuals, led Blanchard to predict that the cross-sex pattern would also emerge at the level of brain anatomy and be limited to the homosexual male-to-female transsexuals. That prediction now appears to be the case, with Rametti et al. (2010) supporting his prediction for the homosexual transsexuals, and Savic and Arver (2010), for the heterosexual transsexuals.

New MRI Studies Support the Blanchard Typology of Male-to-Female Transsexualism

In other words, while homosexual males identifying as transgender tend slightly toward more feminine qualities so to speak, the heterosexual autogynephiles tend toward more pronounced masculine qualities.

There are also serious questions regarding methodology -- both in previous assessments and future assessments. Especially because we are dealing with very different totality of circumstances among the greater transgender umbrella.

However, none of this changes the fact and reality of our anatomy.

I can use the interweb too to find data that supports my existence.

No one is challenging your existence. You are a being. No one doubts or questions that.

Care to retort with anything that refutes this other than opinion?

Um... refute what? Your existence? Nope. Refute your anatomy? Why would I? Did you lie to me? Refute your transgender identity? Again, why would I? You said it and I take you at your word.

The other article points out how even if science validates us people like you still won't accept it and so the cycle of abuse and hate continues because "They're different and that scares me."

I am quite happy to accept you and everyone for who and what you are. No abuse here. No hate here. I am very happy to live and let live. If you did the same, there would be no problem.

I'm not scared of transgender persons any more or less than I'm scared of men in general... I am very scared of violent and predatory men, however, including violent and predatory men identifying as trans.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Exactly there is no point in conversing with you, we are enemies and you are dangerous to the Trans community. Talking to you is like talking to brick wall smeared in s#@t, I'd rather not. You're obtuse, good day sir.

PS: Blanchard is a religious fundamentalist hack btw

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Here's one for ya...I am a woman and I like to play with these online
quizzes.One was on the sex of your brain,what percentage is male
to female. My results came back that I think 100% like a male.Does
this make me a transgender?

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Had nothing to do with your avatar at all.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join