It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans[gender] Fact Checker: The Reality Behind the Myths

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Someone shared this with me, and it's a good reference/resource, so I thought I'd post for everyone's information. I don't really have anything to add to this. Do note that this was written from an English perspective, and cites English reports/figures; however, the points made are pretty much the same here in the USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, etc.

Trans Fact Checker The reality behind the myths

MYTH Transwomen have surgery to transition.
REALITY 80-95% of males who identify as transgender keep their penis.

And make no mistake that many of these males retain sexual attraction to females and are sexually aroused by seen and treated as a woman... autogynephiles. In other words, it's a sexual fetish among heterosexual men -- NOT gender dysphoria as seen in homosexual men. That's a fairly simplistic explanation. But here's a more in-depth explanation from a transsexual: What Autogynephilia is, and what is it not; a brief note. And you can find plenty of examples of self-described autogynephilia here: It's a Fetish -- warning: Adult Sexual content!!!

MYTH Transwomen in the UK are more at risk of murder.
REALITY Thankfully, transgender people are no more likely to be murdered than anyone else in the UK.

Also note that from what I have read, much of the violence (including murder) committed against transgender persons is committed by domestic/intimate partners, and from working in the sex industry. But emotional blackmail is used to make the general population believe it's just hateful transphobes who are the problem.

MYTH Half of transgender young people attempt suicide.
REALITY This statistic comes from a questionnaire filled in by a self-selecting group of just 27 transgender young people, far too small a group to meet normal statistical standards. In reality, child suicide is extremely rare.

More emotional blackmail to pressure parents and society to "affirm" a child's "gender identity" with drugs and even surgery.

MYTH Transwomen pose no risk to women and girls.
REALITY Transgender males retain the same rates of criminality as other males, including for violent crime, according to the only long-term study (Dhejne et al, 2011). Fair Play for Women found that at least 40% of transgender prisoners in England and Wales are serving sentences for sex offences, a far higher proportion than the general prison population. These figures have since been corroborated by the Ministry of Justice.

For documented examples of violent crimes committed BY men identifying as "women" AGAINST women:
The Tip of the IceBerg
Trans Crime UK

MYTH Transwomen have no advantage over biological women in competitive sport.
REALITY Being male and going through male puberty gives a permanent sporting advantage through increased body size, muscle mass, heart and lung capacity and more. This is not reversed by taking hormones.

For better and worse, as more and more males identifying as trans continue to enter -- and dominate -- women's sports, this is becoming increasingly obvious to the whole world.

These are a few examples from the article. There is more at the link, including links to confirm the facts and information provided.

It's all gaslighting on a major level, and as The Equality Act continues to wind its way through congress, we all need to be aware of both the lies and the facts. Deny ignorance, right?

And just to be clear, I am not a transphobe and I do not hate trans-identifying people. But I sure hate the Trans Rights Activists' bully tactics and end goals (like the Equality Act currently being considered in Congress, including "self-ID"... i.e., no medical or psychiatric diagnosis needed to "transition.") Trans people -- especially trans kids -- are being gaslighted right along with the rest of us, and are the first and greatest victims in all this.... with women and girls right behind them.

+27 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

A good thread. When we reach the point where statistical facts are called "hate," then we know we've managed to uncover an actual conspiracy that certain agendas desperately want to keep hidden from view.

+7 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Twitter blocked Ray Blanchard.

Who is he?

On Saturday, Ray Blanchard — the Ph.D. psychologist and adjunct professor at the University of Toronto who served on the working group for gender dysphoria (the persistent condition of identifying with the gender opposite your biological sex) for the DSM V, the gold standard of definitions helping psychologists diagnose disorders for patients — tweeted out his clinically-informed opinion on transgender identity.

He only helped write the criteria in the DSM V for gender dysphoria. He wasn't blocked therefore for making claims that gender dysphoria does not exist. Nope. He was blocked for basically pointing out many of the same positions that are stated in the OP.

1. Delay in medical treatment for persons under 21 (no transitioning).
2. Certainly no sex change surgery for anyone under 21.

He explained his call for delay based on the roots of gender dysphoria in males stemming from either homosexuality or autogynophilia, and surgery is only a means of treatment for those for whom all other means fail.

3. He asserted that no amount of treatment ever changes biological sex, and therefore, the sex of a postoperative transgender should only ever be a legal fiction that can apply to some things like your driver's license but not others like competing in sport.

You see all this in the article above with his Tweets. This was all too much, even from an expert in the field. He has been blocked from Twitter.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Exactly -- thank you!

I always say (regarding government transparency) that if we have the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, we can figure it out... Obviously the Trans Activists don't want us to know the truth, much less their true motivations and purposes.

All the more reason we need to deny ignorance and arm ourselves with the truth.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Twitter blocked Ray Blanchard.

I just saw that -- thank you for posting it, and adding the additional information. It's very much appreciated. And very significant.

The efforts to silence any and ALL dissenters is way over the top. Another dead giveaway that we're being gaslighted on a major level.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
You really do fear/hate Transgender people don’t you? You’re on a crusade with this stuff, you post a thread like every other week. Fear mongering and belittling Trans people, trying to make it seem like every Trans person is lurking in some restroom somewhere waiting to get you. Who really cares though, you’re preaching to an echo chamber anymore these days. So enjoy that applause and standing ovation from the same 12 people who cheer you on every thread.

+38 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

We're women.

We spent a lot of time, blood, and tears crusading for our own spaces. You men do not have the right to proclaim that you feel like women and take our spaces from us. It shouldn't work that way.

No one wants you to be prevented from having spaces of your own, but your spaces are not our spaces because we are not exactly alike, either. The discomfort you feel in a changing room full of male gendered folks who are also biologically male? It's the same discomfort we feel in a changing room with someone who is biologically male no matter how female gendered you say you are.

And it doesn't seem fair to us to be made to suffer your discomfort simply so you can feel better about yourself, but that's what we're told.

I guess we get to be good little women and shut up while the bio-men are speaking again, yes?

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I will not converse with people who go out of their way to speak to me disrespectfully in an attempt to mock and belittle me by misgendering me. I won’t respond to you again, it’s not worth my time or energy.
edit on 13-5-2019 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2019 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

I will not converse with people who go out of their way to speak to me disrespectfully in an attempt to mock and belittle me by misgendering me. I won’t respond to you again, it’s not worth my time or energy.

So you're "blocking her on Twitter" (same idea) for having an opinion that differs from your own?
Ignoring people you disagree with is only one step away from ignoring facts you disagree with, for the record...

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

You really do fear/hate Transgender people don’t you? You’re on a crusade with this stuff, you post a thread like every other week. Fear mongering and belittling Trans people, trying to make it seem like every Trans person is lurking in some restroom somewhere waiting to get you. Who really cares though, you’re preaching to an echo chamber anymore these days. So enjoy that applause and standing ovation from the same 12 people who cheer you on every thread.

So how is alcoholism...which you are born with in your dna....something people need to abstain from, but trans leanings...something you are born with in your dna....something to be celebrated?

No hate, honest question...when is science irrelevant?

+18 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Most people don't fear transgender people the real few that there are. Most people dislike people claiming to be transgender for social status, political purposes, political purposes, social status, political purposes, social status, athletics competitions, and child indoctrination.

The crap has gone way too far when advocating for elementary school students to take dangerous hormones which will have lifetime impact.

edit on 13-5-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

You really do fear/hate Transgender people don’t you?

No, not at all. If anything, I fear for them and hate what is being done to them by the Trans Lobby. To repeat myself:

And just to be clear, I am not a transphobe and I do not hate trans-identifying people. But I sure hate the Trans Rights Activists' bully tactics and end goals (like the Equality Act currently being considered in Congress, including "self-ID"... i.e., no medical or psychiatric diagnosis needed to "transition.") Trans people -- especially trans kids -- are being gaslighted right along with the rest of us, and are the first and greatest victims in all this.... with women and girls right behind them.

I was very clear in my distinctions, I said what I meant and I meant what I said.

You’re on a crusade with this stuff, you post a thread like every other week.

LOL! I haven't actually posted anything at all for several weeks -- trans related or otherwise!

But to address the greater point, I wouldn't call it a crusade, but to the extent that I am damn determined to protect women and children's rights and best interests, you betcha. I have the same standards and expectations with regards to trans and trans rights as anyone else: If you're not hurting anyone, I don't have a problem. But the Trans Activists and their activism are hurting lots of people, and I have a big problem with that.

Fear mongering and belittling Trans people, trying to make it seem like every Trans person is lurking in some restroom somewhere waiting to get you.

Unfortunately, there is much to fear from the Trans Activists and their agenda -- as well as Big Pharma, and sooooo many others -- but rather than "fearmongering and belittling" an entire group of people for the wrongs of the few, I am making clear distinctions within the community, and citing known reasonable risks with corroborating data.

As the Equality Act is being considered in Congress, it is now EVERYONE'S business. Knowledge is power and forewarned is forearmed.

Who really cares though, you’re preaching to an echo chamber anymore these days.

You hope so...

So enjoy that applause and standing ovation from the same 12 people who cheer you on every thread.

That's too funny. I'm not the one seeking and demanding "validation"... that and a tenspot will get me a cup of coffee -- and I don't drink coffee!

In fact, there is really nothing here for me to even take credit for. Someone else did the heavy lifting, compiling and posting the information and links. Any/all stars and flags are really a show of appreciation for the information, not for me.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I used to think Miss Gendering was a person.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I said my peace now I’m out of here, I’m outnumbered and not going to subjugate myself to the abuse of the schoolyard bully gang. I’m already feeling pretty blue lately so I don’t need the extra emotional stress. Have fun hyping each other up with ignorance and fear.

+7 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Get over yourself.

"Misgendering" you? So somebody assumed you're male based on the very limited information available to them through this forum.

Big deal.

Sorry to hear you have been feeling blue though, if you are going to be upset by not being agreed with in a discussion forum then it may be best to not participate in the first place.

Sounds much more to me like you can not construct a decent rebuttal to Ketsuko who made some very valid points.

Great response Ketsuko

edit on 1352019 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

The crap has gone way too far when advocating for elementary school students to take dangerous hormones which will have lifetime impact.

This needs to be said again and again -- it cannot be said too much!!!

I read this morning that some advisors/healthcare providers are now recommending and starting puberty blockers at 8 years old... it's terrifying what we're doing to our kids. Absolutely unconscionable.

+7 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I said my peace now I’m out of here, I’m outnumbered and not going to subjugate myself to the abuse of the schoolyard bully gang. I’m already feeling pretty blue lately so I don’t need the extra emotional stress. Have fun hyping each other up with ignorance and fear.

I honestly don't see where you get what you are saying/feeling from this thread. I didn't see anything abusive can you point it out? I didn't see any bullying either. Did you disagree with what the OP said because it seems most of it is pretty much numbers and facts, if they are disputed what part?
The OP clearly was not trying to be a bully.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I truly hope that one day you can understand -- and respect -- the very real dangers the current Trans agenda (including/especially The Equality Act) pose to women and children, and instead of just hating on those of us standing up for the safety and rights of women and children, that you help find and promote reasonable solutions for reasonable concerns.

You know as well as I do that Trans Activists are far FAR more abusive to people like me than anything I've said or advocated for. So for you to accuse me of doing and being the hateful one, but refuse to acknowledge or call out the same bad behavior that I am within the Trans Activist community, that's a huge red flag. So do what you must, but think long and hard about what your words and actions are actually revealing.

+1 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Honestly, it was likely me. I'll admit that I got angry, but I see so much going on through tran-activism that would have negated so much of what I was and achieved when I was a young girl growing up simply because boys can say they are girls and them compete/live in/be a part of girl's and women's spaces that become girl's and women's spaces for a reason -- because biologically, on the level of our sex, boys and girls, men and women are different, and no amount of believing you are one gender or the other or somewhere in the middle will ever change those chromosomes and what they mean for you physically and otherwise.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I believe that all those fact checks are true. I did not realize that there were still lots of transgender men sexually assaulting females though. I did not think that eighty percent of the guys did not get fully transitioned, I did know that a majority of Transgender guys still liked having sex with women though, they were not changing their sex preference.. I only know two transgender guys, both go out with women. The one does better at getting laid now than he did before, I do not know anything much about how the other guy...or do I have to say girl...is doing in his lovelife.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join