It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Weightlifter Stripped Of Four World Records

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

They won't go for it because they know they wouldn't have enough other competitors. Even in Connecticut, they only have two. I suppose those two can run against each other, but in most places, they wouldn't even have that. And apparently, one of those two has started doing long jump, but that doesn't mean the other has.

My solution for sports is that either transpeople compete in co-ed rec leagues or they decide which is more important to them -- athletics or transition. If it's athletics, they compete as what they biologically are and hold off on any medical transitioning until they are done with competition. That way, they have a competitive division and lots of competitors. If we're talking about a man who feels like a girl, let him live as a girl, but he still competes with the boys because that's what he is biologically. You can do the same with girls who feel like boys. So long as they keep their biological bodies intact, they compete as what they are biologically.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Can't win as a dude no problem go compete as a woman take some drugs and be held as a hero with a society we live in
edit on 14-5-2019 by canuckster because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2019 by canuckster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: canuckster

And for their next trick, they'll be taking candy from babies!!!

The thing is -- and I really hate thinking this -- but I don't think it's about winning per se... it's about beating women. And being a "better woman" than real women. Even if they could beat other men, they wouldn't care or want to. It's just about being the "best" WOMAN.

There is no glory in such a "win" in any other terms.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I mean...if Eric Cartman can compete outside his division, why not men?

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I couldn't agree more. It sucks for those very few people, but that doesn't change the fact that they are outliers and the majority shouldn't have to suffer to make such a small group feel good.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

My solution for sports is that either transpeople compete in co-ed rec leagues or they decide which is more important to them -- athletics or transition. If it's athletics, they compete as what they biologically are and hold off on any medical transitioning until they are done with competition. That way, they have a competitive division and lots of competitors. If we're talking about a man who feels like a girl, let him live as a girl, but he still competes with the boys because that's what he is biologically. You can do the same with girls who feel like boys. So long as they keep their biological bodies intact, they compete as what they are biologically.

There are many things not by choice that prevents people from enjoying competitive sports. In the cases of people that by choice make themselves ineligible such as a trans-woman wanting to compete in women sports then so be it. Its a path they choose to go with no one forcing them and so they need to live with their limitations just like so many others do.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aegeus
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I couldn't agree more. It sucks for those very few people, but that doesn't change the fact that they are outliers and the majority shouldn't have to suffer to make such a small group feel good.

Should we have an over 300 pound female gymnast category? You know everyone should get a chance to be a winner in competitive sports...

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

We do have the 300 lb female gymnast category. It's the same one every other female competes in. If a 300 lb female can make her body do what all the other competitive gymnasts do, then she deserves to win.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

We do have the 300 lb female gymnast category. It's the same one every other female competes in. If a 300 lb female can make her body do what all the other competitive gymnasts do, then she deserves to win.

But what if she can't and see wants to compete?

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I suppose she can start her own competitive division and create the criteria for what gymnasts can compete in it. If there is a desire among others of her type to compete like she has, then she will have competitors. If the sport catches on, then someday, fatnastics will be an Olympic sport with gymnastics.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I suppose she can start her own competitive division and create the criteria for what gymnasts can compete in it. If there is a desire among others of her type to compete like she has, then she will have competitors. If the sport catches on, then someday, fatnastics will be an Olympic sport with gymnastics.

My original point is that will not happen as a trans sport category will not happen, even normal female sport programs are seriously lacking funds, so some one-off category will never take hold and people just need to realize there are limitations to competitive sports that can be based on non-choice and by-choice conditions.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Well in all honesty, if you're going to do the training required to be that calibre of gymnast, it will be a bit hard to be packing a full 300 lbs. The two things are a bit antagonistic.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Well in all honesty, if you're going to do the training required to be that calibre of gymnast, it will be a bit hard to be packing a full 300 lbs. The two things are a bit antagonistic.

I guess you want to debate my snide example and not my point.

How about a male that now says they are a female and wants to compete. Or even a female that decides they are now male and so say they want to compete against males.

edit on 14-5-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
2nd

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I guess you want to debate my snide example and not my point.

How about a male that now says they are a female and wants to compete. Or even a female that decides they are now male and so say they want to compete against males.

They compete with the body they were born with or in co-ed rec league. Every other athlete has to compete with what they were born with, so should they. The rest of the time, if they're living as a man or woman despite the biology of their body, that's their choice, but you compete with the equipment you were born with.

As for debating your point, I guess i wasn't sure what you were after. A woman who weighs 300 lbs isn't prevented from competing in any women's sport by anything except her ability to compete which would understandably be hampered by her weight. For a transgender, the only thing preventing them from competing is the hangup they have with wanting to admit their mental gender doesn't trump their biological gender in all things, nor should it, and sports is one of those areas. A medically transitioning transperson would be hampered by the presence of performance enhancing substances, either through artificial medical treatment or through nature's own influence (i.e. she is really a biological he and juices naturally).

The only way to level that playing field is to bow to biology. Bio-males compete with bio-males and bio-females compete with bio-females, whether they weigh 300 lbs or not.
edit on 14-5-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
While I am very supportive of trans rights and equality, this is ridiculous. Someone who was born male, with a male body frame will always have an athletic advantage against women.

It is a slap in the face not just for sports but trans people in general. This is not acceptable and the records were rightfully stripped.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My 300 pound point was towards posters here who feel it is a trans right to compete as their chosen gender and not their biological one. I suggested that a woman who is 300 pounds will not be able to compete even though they might want to too, so there are many limits to people's desires to enter into competitive sports with gender change being a limit too. In either case of going with your chosen gender or biological one not only is there a biological problem but also drugs that are typically illegal in sports to use.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is the world we live in where we instead of having them seek help for a mental illness, we enable it. Yay. Can't wait to be off this planet.
edit on 14-5-2019 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Enough of this ridiculous kowtowing to the lowest common denominators of mental illness and artificial world expectations.

2% of Americans believe the world is flat
5% of Americans are strongly opposed to vaccinating their children
6% of Americans believe the moon landing was faked

Does society and the law pander to these minority of fools?

I don't think these are valid comparisons. Plenty of evidence for parts or all of the moon landing being faked. Also people have died or been left seriously ill from vaccinations in the past. Granted vaccinations save more lives than they take but that's not to say we can put a blanket statement out saying they are all 100% safe. I think its dangerous to put the label on anyone who questions official narratives using scientific evidence as crazy.

However, what i do agree with is that the transgender movement is nothing short of madness. Pandering to a tiny little pressure group while #ting all over biological facts. The one shining light is that people are becoming tired of the fantasy. I think long term the trans community are doing themselves more harm than good as a backlash against this agenda is inevitable.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Only sports I could see a females competing against men is where small size / weight is an advantage. For example, female horse jockeys. Female race car drivers. Sure there is a lot of skill, but these aren't nearly as physical as traditional sports, so a really talented female could use their small size to their advantage.

Which is why those sports don't have mens and womens categories.

As far as I know, only those sports where size/strength rule have mens and womens categories... right?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join