It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Weightlifter Stripped Of Four World Records

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
About time someone put the clamp down on this clown world bull#.

I wonder when liberal women will wake up to the fact that men are using the transgenderism fad to usurp real women and all of their achievements.

When a man (woman) beats Florence Griffith Joyner's 100 metre Olympic record I guess.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Men make the best wamens, lulz.

This is where I live hahaha.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Edumakated

Women do compete head to head with men in the equestrian events like dressage and show jumping, eventing. Basically, it's about finesses and the horse does most of the power work in that sport, so there is equality there.

Gymnastics might be a sport where women have an advantage over men. Notice how in the Olympics they're constantly trotting out girls who are probably about 12 years old, and pinkie swearing that this kid who doesn't even have all of her grown-up teeth is an adult. Clearly, the small size seems to outweigh strength as an advantage.
edit on 13-5-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Edumakated

Women do compete head to head with men in the equestrian events like dressage and show jumping, eventing. Basically, it's about finesses and the horse does most of the power work in that sport, so there is equality there.

Gymnastics might be another such sport. Notice how in the Olympics they're constantly trotting out girls who are probably about 12 years old, and pinkie swearing that this kid who doesn't even have all of her grown-up teeth is an adult.

True, if they really went that young, there is window where girls start to develop and boys haven't started where they are actually on par physically in a lot of things.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Other well-documented physical advantages men have over women include... thicker skin...

I absolutely refuse to believe that transgenders have thicker skin. Anyone who has spent 10 minutes on Twitter would dispute this...

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Brie Larson?

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Good.

About time.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

This is an analysis of Mary Gregory's numbers from Adam Daxus Price of the RAW Powerlifting federation:

adamdaxusprice 2 points 3 days ago

I'm going to weigh in on this as I'm one of the guys in Canada who helps run this federation.

When we found out about this, the 100%RAW executive circled the wagons and spent almost 2 full days trying to figure out how to handle the situation. A lot of thought was put into the decision and when the dust settled, 100%RAW will not include Mary's records in the female division, but in an entirely new division for transgender athletes. We didn't think it was fair to the biological women in our federation for Mary to compete as a peer, but we also didn't want to exclude people like Mary from enjoying the sport of powerlifting. This was the least worst option we had at our disposal at the time.

Now some facts. (And this is not to belittle Mary in any way) But when we found out about this, I did some number crunching to see if pure math could help demonstrate if this was just a baseless belief that transgender women had an advantage in female sport or if there was any merit to it. A lot of the numbers used in the male calculations come from Mary's Instagram feed as I was not able to figure out what name she used when she was male, and thus could not track down any meet results from that time.

As a male, Mary posted the following numbers pre HRT on her Instagram account
Squat - 408
Bench - 298
Deadlift 507
Total 1213
Bodyweight - 217 ​

9 months after starting HRT. These numbers were what she got at the meet in question
Squat - 314
Bench - 233
Deadlift 424
Total 971
Bodyweight - 179.3

Now that's about a 20% drop in all her lifts after going on HRT, and about a 20% drop in bodyweight. That's to be expected as the body adapts to the new hormone levels. In powerlifting, we use the Wilks coefficient to determine the best lifter across all weight classes. It takes your total, and modifies it based on a mathematical formula to allow you to compare yourself against everyone else. Men and women use different formulas as their physiology is different.

Mary's Wilks score using the male data was 337. After 9 months of HRT, when Mary competed in the female division her score jumped up to 399. That's a 62 point jump (a 20% increase) in her abilities compared to her peers in less than a year. So in nine months, on HRT which reduces testosterone, muscle mass etc, Mary had gains the likes of which are only seen in brand new lifters who are still learning how to powerlift.

When I compared Mary's results to the database in Open Powerlifting, a website dedicated to recording statistics for all powerlifting federations around the world, here's what I got. In the 40-44 age group, Mary's male ranking was at the 38th percentile. So better than average, but still middle of the pack. Using her numbers as a female, she moved into the 6th percentile. So top 10% in all of women's drug tested powerlifting in that age group. If all things were equal in the HRT process, we should have seen Mary's results put her in the 38th percentile of female lifters, but that clearly did not happen.

I don't know much about powerlifting, but this seems significant even to me! I would imagine it would be even more significant to those who are familiar with powerlifting and understand what all these numbers represent.

ETA: Source
edit on 13-5-2019 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Damn straight!!..no pun intended.
This whole thing was f'ing ridonkulous, Identify and live however you like, but when it comes to professional sports or high level amateur, things like weightlifting, or MMA..NOPE!!! The person born a man, and probably in fact still a man..has a clear advantage.
Letting this person compete against women was high level stupidity.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You'd actually need 2 more categories.

Man to woman

And woman to man.

Or just keep it at two categories, (Men & Women) or just make one category (Human) and everyone is equal and the progs can just suck it.

We could do Very Special Olympics...

The problem is no one really gives a crap about anyone outside of male sports except for a few of them, and then there is really very little money to support. As we go into another category of lets say "all Other" it will die on the vine as it will have even less support than most female sports.

I have always said just because you may want to do something doesn't mean you should or can within a reasonable way.
edit on 13-5-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Letting this person compete against women was high level stupidity.

Can't you see? That's their point.

They want to trash the rules of Common Sense. If they can get enough people on-board, they'll be able to write any rules they want and you'll have to obey them.

Until the Revolution starts and they're all eradicated from society.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Ya maybe, I think everyone is trying to out progressive everyone else, with touchy feely inclusiveness, but yes for sure..common sense goes right out the window.
I'm pretty easy going..live, and let live, but I'm getting real tired of this crap.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

It's a grey issue.

Sure she? has a right to compete, but if her body frame gives her? an unfair advantage...A transgender league would even the playing field.

I'm not doubting her? talent, but other women who have smaller frames might feel robbed of the opportunity to compete fairly.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
There really is a war on women...by fake women...gimme one of them pink hats now...

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Looks to me like someone figered out doing the sex change gives them a major advantage .
as hard as it is to believe my guess is Man are doing this to cheat the system .
After all we are talking about world records are we not and along with that comes athletic sponsorship and BIG money

I doubt winning was a motivation for getting a sex change, has this person even had one?

Sometimes in life, we make sacrifices to get what we want. As far as I'm concerned, this persons sacrifice is..not getting to compete against born females. Other than that, live it up I guess.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
i think these guys are behind the madness. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Apparently not....

Only been a "Female???" for 11 months.

They stated in another article the "She??" wasnt annoyed that someone had to witness "Her??" urine sample..and said.

Well, so what if they saw my penis!! Im still a girl.......

So apparently, it still has a willy wonker........

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
But Clown World is so much fun!

You have entered the twilight zone.....cue the music

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
So what you're saying is in reality the best woman is a man

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I have no words for what this world is transforming itself into

Human beings can be manipulated into believing whatever somebody wants them to.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join