It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Weightlifter Stripped Of Four World Records

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It was just a matter of time, before common sense prevailed, concerning transgender athletes, who identify as a female. Many women athletes have spoken up against biological males, who identify as trans women, competing against biological females in women's sports. The reason is because of "well-documented physical advantages."

Other well-documented physical advantages men have over women include height, weight, broader shoulders, greater circulating blood volume, greater resistance to dehydration, larger lung capacity, thicker skin, faster sensory frame shifting, more hemoglobin in the blood, greater upper-body strength, faster reaction times, greater bone density in the arms, larger sweat capacity, higher systolic blood pressure, higher muscle-to-fat ratio, and larger hearts

www.nationalreview.com...

Just recently, a transgender wrestler won a Texas girls' state title and a pair of transgender runners, dominated and won at the Connecticut state track championship. Back in late April, transgender weightlifter Mary Gregory, broke four lifting records at the USA Master Nationals. However, the 100% Raw Powerlifting Federation (100% RAW) decided that Gregory’s “correct physiological classification is male” and therefore was stripped of her trophies.

From the 100% Raw Powerlifting Federation's webpage:

1. The lifter identifies as female, and so entered the contest (with no prior consultation with the Meet Director or (100% RAWofficials). Our rules, and the basis of separating genders for competition, are based on physiological classification rather than identification. On the basis of all information presented to the Board of Directors for this particular case, the conclusion made, is that the correct physiological classification is male.

2. Since the lifter’s gender classification for the purpose of our rules is not consistent with female, no female records will be broken by these lifts.

3. The lifter was uncontested during the event therefore no female lifters were denied a place finish. The lifter will be placed in a different category once the Transgender Division is introduced with a new policy.

4. Drug testing results have not been completed and will take about another week to come back from the lab. As a drug test failure invalidates the lifts, we will need to wait for the results of the drug tests to determine if the lifts can be counted at all under our current set of rules.

rawpowerlifting.com...

According to this article, several female Olympic athletes are in agreement with Gregory being striped of her world records.

Olympic swimmer Sharron Davies tweeted: “This is a trans woman a male body with male physiology setting a world record & winning a woman’s event in America in powerlifting. A woman with female biology cannot compete.. it’s a pointless unfair playing field.

Double Olympic champion runner Kelly Holmes replied: “It’s a bloody joke and all getting ready for biological women to boycott certain events. Have a trans category if need be but even better a trans games. Otherwise I’m starting to worry about the backlash and abuse that the trans community will get from spectators. It will happen!”

www.pinknews.co.uk...

I agree that it's "a bloody joke" and applaud 100% RAW planning to create a “Transgender Division” for athletes like Mary Gregory. Like Olympic runner Kelly Holmes stated, there needs to be a separate trans category, in order keep the competition fair for all participants.

edit on 5/13/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

You'd actually need 2 more categories.

Man to woman

And woman to man.

Or just keep it at two categories, (Men & Women) or just make one category (Human) and everyone is equal and the progs can just suck it.

+11 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Wait until transgenders are taking women's scholarship spots....
A mans already been woman of the year.....

+16 more 
posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
About time someone put an end to this nonsense...

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Looks to me like someone figered out doing the sex change gives them a major advantage .
as hard as it is to believe my guess is Man are doing this to cheat the system .
After all we are talking about world records are we not and along with that comes athletic sponsorship and BIG money

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Looks to me like someone figered out doing the sex change gives them a major advantage .
as hard as it is to believe my guess is Man are doing this to cheat the system .
After all we are talking about world records are we not and along with that comes athletic sponsorship and BIG money

So money truly is the root of all evil? I don't doubt it, I just find it incredibly sad that in order to gain money, someone would be willing to basically change their whole being.

As another poster wrote, good! It's about time this s@@@ got knocked on the head, it's preposterous and the only thing more preposterous is that we actually have to debate it.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Instead of a "Trans" category, why not simply an "open" category? That way it is open to ANYONE regardless of identification, orientation, feelz, pre/post-op status, etc...

Just like in other sports there are "invitationals" and "opens" to segregate based upon skills and abilities.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Like, Mortal Kombat?

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Isn't a competitive event supposed to be the competition between equals, on an equal playing field?

That's how I was taught.

Not sure what is accomplished when it's obvious that a transitioned male has a decided, and decidedly unfair, advantage over a bio-woman (copyright pending 😘 ).
edit on 5/13/2019 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

This girl has been brave enough to speak out on what it's like to have been one of the natural girls cut because of the transgender athletes in Connecticut.

Now I will say a couple of things about this piece.

1. When I was running in high school, the three of us who ran hurdles at my high school were good enough that pretty much every girl from every other high school around knew when we came to a track meet that they were competing for 4th place unless one of us false started or fell on our face. We were seriously that good in both races. All three of us went on to run in college: 2 Div I and 1 Div II. So I take the sentiment that everyone knows they're automatically competing for third with bit of a grain of salt; however, I also know with two bio boys in the race, it's quite true, especially if those were mediocre boys. But girls can be that dominant over other girls; I've been on that level.

2. She worries about it possibly damaging her chances to compete in college. If she was on the bubble to qualify for state, she needs to have a whole lot of talent in another event. I was a dominant competitor in 3 events, and I still wasn't a completely hot property in college recruiting because I lacked naked foot speed. If I was going to be a top athlete in college, I was going to have to develop into a multi-event athlete.

However, many of concerns are valid. I don't know how many girls are dropping out of events to avoid the boys. It would depend on how often you would expect to have to compete against them. Connecticut is a lot smaller than Kansas where I grew up. Not every school was running at the same meet there week in and week out, and we never had an indoor season, still don't have them in Kansas. I would expect if you knew you were seeing those boys at every meet, you might well drop your event because what would be the point? At least when I was running, we saw different schools at different meets, so the competition was switched out regularly.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I suspect that almost none of these "transgender" athletes ever get a sex change. They're just men who realized that they can game the system by claiming to be a woman.

Notice that female-to-male transgender athletes are rare, to the point of near-nonexistence. It's because they'd be at a major disadvantage competing against men, so they remain female.
edit on 13-5-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

I suspect that almost none of these "transgender" athletes ever get a sex change. They're just men who realized that they can game the system by claiming to be a woman.

Notice that female-to-male transgender athletes are rare, to the point of near-nonexistence. It's because they'd be at a major disadvantage competing against men, so they remain female.

Only sports I could see a females competing against men is where small size / weight is an advantage. For example, female horse jockeys. Female race car drivers. Sure there is a lot of skill, but these aren't nearly as physical as traditional sports, so a really talented female could use their small size to their advantage.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Life cannot cater to everyone. It is ultimately a numbers game. Since these gender mulligans comprise less than 6 tenths of a percent of the population, taking any steps whatsoever to accommodate them or pander to them is utterly ridiculous and not needed. You either compete against whatever your chromosome pairing dictate you are here in reality land, constrained by the same drug testing and hormone testing as normal, mentally healthy athletes in your biological gender group, or you don't participate at all, PERIOD.

Enough of this ridiculous kowtowing to the lowest common denominators of mental illness and artificial world expectations.

2% of Americans believe the world is flat
5% of Americans are strongly opposed to vaccinating their children
6% of Americans believe the moon landing was faked

Does society and the law pander to these minority of fools? Even the flat Earthers outnumber the gender confused by 3:1, so common sense would indicate if laws were established to pander to and shield their imaginary experiences, developed out of forms of mental illness, from reality, then we'd have laws protecting flat Earthers from being forced to deal with the gravity of their ridiculous fantasies... yet we do not. Society needs to treat the gender confused in the same manner... believe what you want, but at the end of the day we're going to openly tell y'all you've got some major inaccuracies in your "truths" and no, we're not going to pander to you or coddle your delicate illusions.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Women do compete head to head with men in the equestrian events like dressage and show jumping, eventing. Basically, it's about finesses and the horse does most of the power work in that sport, so there is equality there.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yeah I am still waiting for the woman to man NFL QB or MLB SS. It will never happen. No matter how much training or drugs it will never happen. Can they come close? Are there very 'manly' women who may be on that cusp yes but then you are into genetics and not choice.

Choosing gender for sports is simply not fair. Like another poster stated if they want to have an invitational for baddest bad ass on the planet sure but high school girls hurdles...no.
edit on Maypm31pmf0000002019-05-13T16:21:18-05:000418 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

gender mulligans.....you win the internet this month...

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You either compete against whatever your chromosome pairing dictate you are here in reality land, constrained by the same drug testing and hormone testing as normal, mentally healthy athletes in your biological gender group, or you don't participate at all, PERIOD.

i agree, and i could be wrong here about the Texas wrestler, but I think he/she??? wanted to wrestle the guys... they said no. that was a couple years ago.

How about the female olympic runner that her body creates more testosterone than most women and has been judged to take a drug to reduce her testerone levels?

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

So money truly is the root of all evil? I don't doubt it, I just find it incredibly sad that in order to gain money, someone would be willing to basically change their whole being.

As another poster wrote, good! It's about time this s@@@ got knocked on the head, it's preposterous and the only thing more preposterous is that we actually have to debate it.

The impression that I get is that he didn't even do that...it says that they determined him to be physically male and that he simply identified as female. I think it's especially ridiculous if you're giving it to the ones who choose not to have operations and hormones cuz then it's literally giving a prize for women to a person with y chromosomes in each cell of his body, higher testosterone levels, a weiner and dangie doos, and make muscle but who is convinced the reason he doesn't feel an overall sense of belonging is that he must have been meant to have been a d girl but the uterus got it wrong. Cmon cut those weenies off at least if you want a girls award.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
About time someone put the clamp down on this clown world bull#.

I wonder when liberal women will wake up to the fact that men are using the transgenderism fad to usurp real women and all of their achievements.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
But Clown World is so much fun!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join