It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alienware Computer help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm getting ready to have enough money to finally purchase the Alienware computer I have wanted forever. The One I personally built cost $3000 so it wasn't too expensive. I was just wondering if any of you have or have used an alienware computer and any advice as to which ones work best. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Bah...Alienware sucks IMHO.

If you want a really good computer, from a trusted company, go with VooDooPC* or Falcon Northwest.

If you think 3000$ for a computer isnt to expensive, then well......

But if your gonna go with Alienware, id say go with an ALX.

*Their RAGE System starts at 2000$ and has a Athlon 64 3500+ with 512mb of DDR400 (1gig for 80$ more) and a nVidia 6600 GT.

[edit on 3-2-2005 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I was going to bite my tongue and not respond to this. But then I figured I should say something, because it is a lot of freaking money to be forking out.

Two years ago I built an Alienware system. I was stoked. Then came the wait. Then came more waiting. Then came the blow offs. No one was anyhelp. All calls were sent out of the U.S. which isn't a problem in it self but when the person on the other end of the phone can't barely speak English it is very frustrating.

After a month of waiting I decided to cancel my order. Hell, I will just build my system like I always did before, on my own. The very next day my order status jumped from step 2 to step 9 or something...which basically meant it was ready to be shipped. I was pissed. I had to call again and wait and then they assured me the order was cancelled. Well I kept checking because of the lies they had already told me. Guess what? Then sent the freaking computer out!! I had to then call FedEx to try and stop the package. They were more helpful than Alienware ever was. To cut this part short, the computer was basically on a truck on its way to my house before it was stopped. Mind you, this computer was cancelled BEFORE it was even supposed to be built. Never once did Alienware apologize for anything. I still have all my emails just incase, because 1 month later they were still trying to bill me for a computer I did not have nor want. I had to fix that as well.

Alienware is junk. Period. Sure there are a few people who have great systems, and got lucky. Sure they get great reviews, but then again, I am sure they make sure to send the magazines the best possible systems.

You asked for input, I am giving it. It is your money after all. But I would do a bit more research. Just Google this line: Beware of Alienware and see what you get.

Just trying to help. There are way better systems out there than Alienware anyway:

Falcon

Or build your own.

Boba

*Thanks dlm, I thought I would be the only one saying Alienware sucks*

[edit on 3/2/2005 by bobafett1972]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I guess if it were my money, I guess I would go for this, and add my accessories.

It has the above listed 64bit cpu, etc.

$599.99

MOTHERBOARD
- ASUS K8V-SE Deluxe 64-bit VIA K8T800 Chipset AGP8X w/Audio/LAN/SATA/RAID
PROCESSOR
- AMD Athlon 64 3200+
MEMORY
- 512MB DDR PC3200 SDRAM

www.aberdeeninc.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the input. I was just wondering because a Guy my dad works with works on computers all day and he owns an Alienware Laptop and Desktop. he said they're the best computers he's had, so I'm guessing he's one of those lucky ones.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
I guess if it were my money, I guess I would go for this, and add my accessories.

It has the above listed 64bit cpu, etc.

$599.99
MOTHERBOARD
- ASUS K8V-SE Deluxe 64-bit VIA K8T800 Chipset AGP8X w/Audio/LAN/SATA/RAID
PROCESSOR
- AMD Athlon 64 3200+
MEMORY
- 512MB DDR PC3200 SDRAM

www.aberdeeninc.com...

I prefer to build my own as well. Come Summer and I get my Job I can finally afford to upgrade to an Athlon 64 3800+, an ATI X850XT and a nice Gig of DDR400. Not sure of the Mobo yet, but I figure I have a few months to pine it over.

[edit on 3-2-2005 by dreamlandmafia]

new topics

top topics

join