It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Likelihood that China is behind Iran issues

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Good Morning ATS, I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. News broke this morning of escalating tensions between Iran and the US and it's allies (Yahoo) over oil shipping lanes as two Saudi Arabian oil tankers were reportedly attacked.

Saudi Arabia said Monday two of its oil tankers were damaged in "sabotage attacks" in the Gulf as tensions soared in a region already shaken by a standoff between the United States and Iran.

It came as US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo scrapped a planned visit to Moscow to head to Brussels instead for talks with European officials on Iran.

In addition, the Chinese-US standoff over trade negotiations took a further turn for the worse with China promising to raise an additional $60bn in tarrifs on US goods (CNBC)

China will raise tariffs on $60 billion in U.S. goods in retaliation for the U.S. decision to hike duties on Chinese goods.

Beijing will increase the tariffs to 25% from 10% on June 1, the Chinese Finance Ministry said Monday. It follows President Donald Trump’s decision to raise duties on $200 billion in Chinese products to 25% from 10% as the world’s two largest economies struggle to ink a new trade deal.

I do not think these are independent events and it is my suspicion that China is back-channeling with Iran and providing them confidence to tighten their grip on the Straight of Hormuz as added pressure to the China-US negotiations. China is currently losing the trade talks simply because it's economy, while reportedly within projections, is dangerously close to the worst economic growth in 30 years. With China having a history of faking economic numbers, the US-imposed tariffs by the Trump administration could be having an even worse affect to the Chinese economy than they would likely admit.

Then there is the fact that Iran publicly called for China and Europe to stand up against the US over the failed nuclear deal, essentially telling China to "stand up to the US on the world stage, or risk a slide towards a new Middle East conflict", as reported by The Guardian last week.

from the Guardian article:

It is now China and Europe’s move. As a huge oil importer and party to the 2015 deal, Beijing is uniquely placed to demonstrate the agreement’s benefits to the Iranian people.

What do you think, ATS? Could China be behind or working with Iran to apply additional pressure on the Trump administrations trade talks? Remember, China has very little leverage in these talks because it has everything to lose and nearly nothing to gain. Then there is the fact that Iran is basically calling for China to stand up against the US-Iran failed nuclear treaty by buying oil from them.

I'm a skeptic quite often, but when timing coincides I'm downright suspicious.
edit on 13-5-2019 by Tempter because: spacing

edit on 13-5-2019 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I'm 100% sure the us is behind everything.

No one can point where the power bestowed on the USA to be able to decide which country traders with which country?

China is not going to let the US get in on the south China seas-of all places. China is the second largest economy, minus the war machine, and the US sees that as a threat - because without being the number one arms dealer in the world, the US is second to China.

Thus the sabotage ensues... Blame it on Iran.... Because you know, that's plausible.

Keep drinking the kool-aid

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Here's a thought.
Blame iran.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Here's a thought.
Blame iran.

For sabotaging the port and tankers? While they would be an obvious belligerent should it be determined there was a sabotage or attack, should we wait for the evidence?

Or should we just chalk it up now?

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I mean blame the responsible party.
Of course that will have to be determined.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz
Irans proxies threatened to attack UAE repeatedly last year, and has successfully attacked Saudi assets at all levels. They have shot down jets, blown holes in Saudi naval ships, overrun and taken out bases inside of KSA southern region and have an intricate drone fleet and ballistic missile stockpile thanks to Iran. Chinese providing intelligence support could very well have given them an expanded battlefield advantage to conduct sabotage operations against the UAE.

I understand you like to root for the enemy because you have a deep hatred of the USA government, but in this instance it seems like a case of Iran actually backing it's words with force, and then being too concerned of the consequences to accept responsibility so trying to make wild claims of a possible conspiracy. Unfortunately existing evidence of the behavior and threats of their proxy forces combined with Iran's own repeated threats of force would indicate they may have bit off more than they can chew and is why they are trying to dodge any responsibility for these actions.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Then there is the fact that Iran publicly called for China and Europe to stand up against the US over the failed nuclear deal

That's because China and Europe are still part of the Iran deal and want it to continue , only the US walked away from the deal for their own reasons.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I understand you like to root for the enemy because you have a deep hatred of the USA government, but in this instance it seems like a case of Iran actually backing it's words with force

It is possible to disagree with our foreign policy while loving our country.

They tried the you're not patriotic if you don't get behind Iraq, but it looks like the patriotic ones were the ones arguing against it.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Iran is screwed, they have been since we found out they're on top of our oil and that they also want to be the world's leading supplier of delicious yellow cake. I'd love to say it was nice knowing you, Iran, but it wasn't. Buh-bye.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

But iran has agreed to stop making nuclear materials......

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Continent on other parties agreements, I believe we walked away from that table a year ago.

I get many were less than thrilled with that deal for a variety of reasons, but we were the first to crumple that one up and say redo.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I understand you like to root for the enemy because you have a deep hatred of the USA government, but in this instance it seems like a case of Iran actually backing it's words with force

It is possible to disagree with our foreign policy while loving our country.

They tried the you're not patriotic if you don't get behind Iraq, but it looks like the patriotic ones were the ones arguing against it.

Our foreign policy has sucked for decades.
It all started by interfering with foreign countries politics and had regressed to every administration flip flopping on how we deal with everone.

A recipe for disaster

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Well we could just have other countries manufacturer the stuff china does. That would hurt them very badly and should be done ASAP.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The individual I responded to has made no secret of his or her open disdain of the us government. Making uncorroborated allegations s that our government is 100% behind every act does not seem to indicate a love of our government. In fact, rhetoric of that nature could indicate and extremist mind set, possibly even subversive.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

You and I are in full agreement there.

Sadly all the resources used on those endeavors could have been applied at home, or better, some applied at home and alleviation to the taxpayer for the balance.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Irans proxies threatened to attack UAE repeatedly last year, and has successfully attacked Saudi assets at all levels.

That may well be true.

But Saudi Arabia is hardly without sin.

They have consistently been the biggest exporter of Islamic extremism and terrorism for years now.
Yet they are 'allies'?

You really couldn't make it up.

Two sides of the same coin as far as I can tell.

The whole region should have an exclusion zone put around it and just let them get on with it.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Even if they did they didn't. Ask Iraq how that goes.

edit on 13-5-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer because Heels took it

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
The individual I responded to has made no secret of his or her open disdain of the us government. Making uncorroborated allegations s that our government is 100% behind every act does not seem to indicate a love of our government. In fact, rhetoric of that nature could indicate and extremist mind set, possibly even subversive.

As a gambling man, if we set the over under at 50% of US involvement on said acts, which do you think I'd take?

At what point are we going to hold our government accountable for one of the biggest spending areas they engage in with a poor efficiency and success rate?

I honestly beg the question, is it more patriotic to encourage the MIC, or try to plot a different course?

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Even if they did they didn't. Ask Iraq how that goes.

It went well, they're free now.

We even blessed them with democracy as an added bonus.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
I don’t believe the US is behind this one. Trump seems to operate out in the open. A black opps mission is not his style.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join