It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handful of 'left leaning sources' dominate Google's 'Top Stories,' study finds

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

True, but seriously what's happened is that while the system has been morphed into what amounts to "universal" suffrage, meaning voting has been opened up anyone and everyone over the age of 18, the system has come to more resemble a "direct" Democracy than a Democratic Republic. Of course, anyone who would attempt to argue against universal suffrage would be crucified as un-American and "anti-Democratic" and so there's no restraint whatsoever and calls now come to allow non-citizens and felons, including those in prison, to be allowed to vote.

That's a system that begs corruption, rigged elections and vote fraud and of course, the "votes" of the "normal", mentally healthy and reasonably well educated have been diluted in terms of influence to near insignificance.

Unless there's some significant change, such as going to something like a proportional voting system, this distortion is going to ultimately bankrupt the US as the low-information, non-working portion of the population allies with the special interest groups that suck at the Government teat to raise taxes on the uber-wealthy and the uber-wealthy do what they've always done...........leave and take their capital with them. We're already seeing that at the State level as the wealthy flee New Jersey, New York, Mass., etc. to move to lower tax jurisdictions. Conversely, those who seek more and better welfare benefits move to the West Coast where they can comfortably live "homeless" while sucking up benefits.

All told.....this system isn't sustainable.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Google's search results are based on an algorithm that prioritizes site visits.

So if Left leaning sites have higher prioritization, what does that tell you about the population of the world?

Are those Google algorithms reviewable and accessible for public scrutiny to prove that statement? See, IMO, if they business becomes so large that they do have, in effect, a monopoly (you can still have competitors and be categorized as a monopoly) then these type of things need to be the cost of business. Release your search algorithms for independent review to ensure there is no biases in them that could sway an election.

Ironic that you can google the Google algorithms.

www.searchenginejournal.com...

www.rankranger.com...

moz.com...

Yes, all those are interesting reads. However, there is not any links to the code that embeds the algorithm nor the logical representation of the algorithms. All these sources try to "explain" them and what the release changes impact. Not one actually presents the search algorithms themselves. You know, in a form that computer scientists can review and determine if the algorithm is biased in it's logic.

I see what you mean. Perhaps the codes are deemed intellectual property and not open access.
In my business, I have information no one has access to except my attorney.
Email google and see if they will allow you access.

Yes, they are considered IP, and corporate secrets. However, given their status as a operating a de-facto monopoly (there is a percentage of the industry coverage that determines that status, and it is not 100%). If they are deemed as such, then the rules change for the business (ask Microsoft who had to deal with that in the 90's). They should be required to open their source doe for review under a NDA to a govt oversight body consisting of expert in computer science and machine learning, with a balance of liberal and conservatives in representation).

Only then can a true ant-biased assessment be made in the search results.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

Interesting, so three unarguably anti-Trump news organizations get 23% of the placements - and the obviously pro-Trump one gets 3%. So the score is, basically, Left 4, Right 1. Seems fair (not).

Just like on TV.

Meanwhile the design of the Two Party + MSM System (social engineers) is to keep the populace at a 50:50 split come election time.

Meaning "liberalism" requires four time the effort to perpetuate than "conservatism" requires to perpetuate.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Google's search results are based on an algorithm that prioritizes site visits.

So if Left leaning sites have higher prioritization, what does that tell you about the population of the world?

First off, there should be no algorithms to determine what is produced per a search. Advertising, maybe, but when we look at raw search results, that's what we want, raw ef'ing search results, untainted by some twits feewings.

Second, on prioritization. It's called equity. Giving an artificial boost to the under-achievers. So google boosts liberal sites, because they are naturally incompetent due to ideological malignancies.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/13.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: mobiusmale

It's not the government's job to protect people from themselves. Down that way lies madness and total control ... for the greater good, of course.

I would be more in favor of breaking up the tech giants as monopolies in some cases.

I agree with this in principle, but blatant lies should be punitive at some level. You can't just continually write blatant lies and expect the "electorate" as a whole to be capable of sifting through the lies, especially when you also have the social effect added in.

Studies should be done on the effectiveness of those lies on the general population and the results released by independent sources, and given national coverage. How to do that?

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Ah, more stomping on freedom of speech. Good ol' Trump, spreading the message that free speech is evil, if it doesn't support your viewpoint.

Tell you what.. start up a right-slanted news outlet if you really want to. What's stopping you? Not being snarky, just saying that anyone can start up a right slanted outlet whenever they want. Or a left.. or a news outlet worshiping the church of the flying spaghetti monster. Rich people who can start media outlets have the same choices.

Of course, Fox is ludicrously right-biased - would they be held to the same communistic standards? I'd imagine not, if Trump was in office.

In fact, if he had his way and the power to do so, I have no doubt that Trump would stomp out any news source that spoke ill of him, and promote the media sources that praise him. Pro tip: that is not democracy. How about letting people DECIDE THEMSELVES what is bunk and what they believe? There are plenty of media sources on either side, for them to make their choice.

Trump has fostered more communist ideas as POTUS than any other President.. probably EVER. Woo.. go Trump? Lifetime Presidency! Kim and Putin are awesome! U.S. allies are terrible! Media the dear leader doesn't endorse is an enemy of the people!

And his sheep drink his koolaid willingly.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
"Realty has a proven left-wing bias."

Of course, even though much of the MSM *is* slightly left-leaning (see quotation above), it is also more grounded in reality than the majority of fringe right-wing sources cited on this site and around the web.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Just revealed that GOOGLE interfered in the 2018 U.S. elections, and their interference had a SUBSTANTIAL impact.

twitter.com...

Go get 'em Mr. Barr!

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Google are strictly liberal Democrats and work to push their agenda.

Want a good laugh. Google caucasian American inventors and click the images.

Google either has a great sense of humor or are really sick.

Guess they dont like showing Ben Franklin, Thomas Edison, Tesla.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Just revealed that GOOGLE interfered in the 2018 U.S. elections, and their interference had a SUBSTANTIAL impact.

twitter.com...

Go get 'em Mr. Barr!

AKSHUALLY, you are quoting from a tweet which is quoting from a web site I do not know but that web site is quoting from RT.COM!

So... You do not even need more russian trolls, but can do it with some easy news, which I would call Fake News.

..but questions how many undecided voters are using Google to them help decide who to vote for.

Source

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: mobiusmale

And studies find that ATS is being dominated by the right.

Look at homepage, tell me that I'm wrong.

That’s because this place was invented for people who could think for themselves and outside the box, who could distinguish fact from fiction and legit/fake

The majority of people here could see right through the deepstate trickery and fake news propaganda

Hence it is a Trump stronghold, I wouldn’t call it a right wing dominated forum, many many many trump supporters or people who now consider themselves right wing are actually leftwing

You see... the radical far left has alienated itself, and this was foreseen as a potential outcome many moons ago around the elites round table, which is why the globalist hatched the preplanned mass immigration program- to top up the votes from those waking up and walking away

I’m politically left wing, I identify as right wing tho, as the left today is an embarrassing self hating bunch of lunatics walking humanity BACKWARDS

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Meanwhile, in Italy, Facebook is charging forward with their global election interference agenda...blatantly now, and unapologetically. They are the thought Police.

Facebook has shut down 23 major populist Italian pages with 2.5 million followers just two weeks before the European elections.

According to Italian media, the majority of the pages supported the populist parties La Lega (The League) and the 5-Star Movement (M5S) — who currently govern Italy in a temporary coalition.

Facebook has justified its dramatic move by claiming that the sites shared fake news, so-called “hate speech”, and “divisive content” regarding immigrants, vaccines, and Jewish people.

Really Facebook...is that the standard for censorship now...divisive content? So, they have just sent the very clear and transparent message that if your message deviates from the Left, you are being "devisive" (used to be called debate) and therefore you shall be banished.

Imagine, just two weeks before the EU elections, Facebook is banning pages that support the positions held by the actual sitting Government of Italy!

Facebook Pimping for the Left in EU Elections
edit on 14-5-2019 by mobiusmale because: typo

<< 1  2   >>

join