It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kamala Harris Supports Illegal Aliens Having Full Access to Health Care

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   
What a great idea, so generous and “do goody”

But will absolutely cripple the country

Not a great idea tbh is it?

Flood the country with fake refugees, offer them free everything in exchange for the votes 🗳

Sounds kind of like a scam doesn’t it

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Aazadan

Never said it wasn't.

I'm saying healthcare is not a right.

But you haven't justified why. We've already covered that citizens can have rights that aren't specifically enumerated in the Constitution. We have also covered that a right doesn't have to be free.

Actually your point is spoken of in the 5th Amendment in the Bill of Rights.

So, by what definition is health care not a right? Because from what I remember, one of the guiding principles of our country is supposed to be the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Access to health care is a necessity for all three of those things.

Healthcare is a purchased service.

And if you're going to throw "Life, Liberty. . . etc" into the mix, at least be consistent, because you'd be against abortion then.
edit on 14-5-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Medical care is a service provided to you by another human being. If you make it a right, then that human being (the doctor) must be deprived of their right to liberty in order to make sure you and everyone else has their right to that service the doctor provides.

So in making health care a right, you make doctors slaves to you. That's why it's not constitutional.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The more she talks (and every other lib in the running), the more confident I get that democrats are on a long road of failure. We've had our own divisive politics going on at the local level with teachers trying to push a 24% property tax increase so they could have a raise so there have been fireworks keeping me busy. They lost by 75% BTW. Anyways, it's good to see the left hasn't wised up one iota.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Teachers are a good representation of what would happen if we made health care a right, btw. They're the public servants we wound up with after we made education a right.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Of course the right gets the title wrong. It should read "Kamala Harris supports medical care be given to those who need it, you know have compassion and act like a human being".

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

When did we get to the point where medical treatment was considered, "free"?

When progressives started getting their way in 2009.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: LSU2018

Teachers are a good representation of what would happen if we made health care a right, btw. They're the public servants we wound up with after we made education a right.

I can tell you this. I haven't seen more unprofessional professionals in my life. The company I work for started a PAC that sent flyers to every residence in Bossier Parish to let people know what was going to be voted on, on May 4th. We had a record turnout and they lost 75% to 25%. The teacher's union got involved and started telling all of us that if we vote no, we're voting against them and showing how unappreciative we were of ALLLLLLLLLL the things they do for our kids. From working 16 hours a day to working two and three jobs to make ends meet. Sorry, but learn to live within your means and stop targeting all of us with a massive tax increase for yourself. It was bad. We had to replace several signs they spray painted over. They were telling the kids to tell their parents to vote yes. Now they want to boycott the businesses that paid into our PAC which is over 90% of the Parish, and they want to shorten school to 4 days a week. It opened a lot of eyes to what we're dealing with deep down though.

They would make lists of teachers called "Bossier Teachers: What You Don't See" and it would be a picture of a teacher and their family, normally on a beach somewhere or in front of their big house mind you, with a caption that something to the effect of, "With this raise, I will be able to afford braces for my child and put him through driving school." But with the salary base we got from the School Board via the FOIA, I would look that teacher up and they were normally making $60K to $70K a year and married to another teacher making close to the same.

Here's a prime example. (This is all public, so I'm not shaming, just proving a point)

Here's the salary of this lady and her husband, Stacy.

There are tons of things like this. I don't care if they get a raise, but I care if they explode our taxes to do it. That's what they don't understand, so we're all left with these pity stories. Fortunately we have access to their salaries.

ETA: That $7,200 is the raise they would both have gotten if we'd passed this tax increase. And it would have been across the board for over 3,100 employees.
edit on 14-5-2019 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Must overload so as to crush the entire system so the public will scream for a new system to be put in replacement. Cloward–Piven strategy.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen>>> These dem candidates have to keep one upping each other to get the far left base support and to get the spotlight. The problem is that 80% of the voters are going to look at them as making wild promises they won't keep( LYING) or that they're just plain stupid and crazy. Just let Biden be the sacrificial lamb to Lion Trump and find some sane, rational non idiot candidates to run in 2024.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I’m all for reducing abortion, let’s sufficiently support birth control so there are no unwanted pregnancies, and genetic engineering so that babies with major medical issues can have it corrected... oh right, that’s another form of health care.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Teachers are great for society. Access to education for all hasn’t harmed anyone. Teachers do a great service.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This is why Biden is leading, not all Democrats are crazy, they just want Trump out.
Because they have a small but very vocal minority driving the far left, the candidates themselves are getting fooled, but Biden is no political fool, he is been playing this game longer than any of them.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

The front runners honestly aren't ever worth paying attention to. They almost always peter out during the primary, while some who trail do well and rise up.

Any time the front runner has been forced, it has been a disaster for that party.

Also, Biden doesn't have a chance... he announced from the home of Comcast's CEO. That should tell you everything you need to know about him.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Teachers are great for society. Access to education for all hasn’t harmed anyone. Teachers do a great service.

Is that why you can find so many major cities full of high school grads who are functionally illiterate? They must have had awesome teachers!

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Is that why you can find so many major cities full of high school grads who are functionally illiterate? They must have had awesome teachers!

That's something of a multifaceted problem.

The US has a huge culture of ignorance that doesn't encourage students to learn.

On top of that, many of the schools that are worse off are in those situations due to money, in not getting properly trained teachers, or having enough teachers, or other resources they need.

Not helping matters is that we've tied school funding and teacher pay in part to grades, which encourages schools to pass students regardless of how well the student does. The "Gentleman's C" isn't just for rich kids in Ivies anymore. True equality I suppose.

Finally, we've got an issue where parents unintentionally dumb their kids down, because the kids are taught something the parent doesn't know, and the parent decides the school must be teaching something wrong, rather than revising their own information... see common core, where the parents were so poorly educated they couldn't do arithmetic properly, and then impeded their kids learning it too.
edit on 15-5-2019 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I see. So we need to spend more money.

Why is it that the US spends more money on our education system than most other developed country and has worse outcomes? If money was really going to fix things as well as you say, then we ought to be soaring. And many of those inner city districts spend more per pupil than other districts that realize better results.

As far as culture goes, you get little argument from me although it has less to do with parents dumbing kids down than it does with parents not valuing learning. Common Core is its own kettle of fish with its own problems.

The bigger issue is a lack of flexibility in education. What benefit does Common Core math has for a child like mine? He understands the concepts and process, but with dysgraphia, forcing him to write out all the steps in the process is torture. It's like forcing a dyslexic to read when the aim is to arrive at an answer. There needs to be flexibility, and not what there is which is absolute rigidity. Show the steps or lose all your points regardless of answer.

I went from a kid who was an ace at math at a school that taught math facts more than process to a kid who thinks he's stupid and can't do it because he can't write, not because he doesn't get it.

Some kids need the process approach, but not all do and it's detrimental to some.
edit on 15-5-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I see. So we need to spend more money.

It depends on where and what. The education system is underfunded in some states but not in others. That's an area where we simply need more money. For example the Kansas system is in shambles. However, not every state is underfunded, in some states it's more a matter of resource allocation. We have too much administration, too much spending on junk like tablets for every student, or gym equipment for high schools that is better than what professional sports teams in other countries have, and not enough going to the teachers themselves.

That said, not all results are bad. Yes, we're middle of the road in education, but if you look at the scores on the PISA we're really not doing too bad overall. The top few countries cheat, and most other developed nations are within a very small percentage of each other. So our scores as a whole are average.

The issues with quality of education in the US don't have anything to do with the average scores but rather specific areas where schools are better or worse. Not helping matters, is that most states are too scared to be graded individually on the PISA to actually get some metrics on this stuff. And then you have to consider that we don't have just one education system in the US. We have 50, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, and those 50 vary wildly. Massachusetts if graded as it's own country would be the top 5 scoring nations in the world, and arguably #1 depending on how you want to account for the cheating in the tests. While on the other end of the spectrum you have a state like Louisiana that scores worse than nations which don't even have indoor schools.

The disparity is absolutely massive.

The bigger issue is a lack of flexibility in education. What benefit does Common Core math has for a child like mine? He understands the concepts and process, but with dysgraphia, forcing him to write out all the steps in the process is torture. It's like forcing a dyslexic to read when the aim is to arrive at an answer. There needs to be flexibility, and not what there is which is absolute rigidity. Show the steps or lose all your points regardless of answer.

When kids have special needs, accommodate them. That doesn't mean you shouldn't make them write and figure out how to do it, but you can change the inputs. Different papers, different pens, computer inputs, and so on. Speech to text is likely an option as well, but that might cause some issues in the classroom. Flexibility is good, but most likely when your child is an adult, they're going to need to write for most careers and that means that figuring out a way to make writing work for them in the classroom now is going to be a skill they'll use for the rest of their life and the only way to really solve such a problem is to work through it, not around it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join