It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kamala Harris Supports Illegal Aliens Having Full Access to Health Care

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Lol do you really think the average American will be furious about people getting healthcare?!?!

There is zero chance “illegals are getting healthcare “ is something that ignites a firestorm..

Why do you think emergency rooms take all callers???

Because we as Americans don’t think hospitals should refuse service if people are injured/sick..

They could absolutely try to give illegals something that pisses people off.. healthcare won’t be it.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny
When our Government wouldn't give up 5 billion for border security, I think plenty will be angry about 18 and a half billion.

www.forbes.com...

All told, Americans cross-subsidize health care for unauthorized immigrants to the tune of $18.5 billion a year

18 billion is a lot.
But I guess its not if you are not the one paying?

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Im actually in support of the premise of universal healthcare, however, it would need to be implemented in a way that reconciles with "reality."

I have yet to see an approach that accomplishes this, and I'm not at all convinced we can successfully implement it at this point in time. But, in principle, I do believe we could create a system whose net benefit outweighs the cost of its inclusion.

Stances like Harris' jump the shark even further though by attempting to include demographics whose "legal" presence alone is questionable. Given that I dont believe these people are all idiots (only most
), that leaves everything from brainwashing/programming to conscious and deliberate attempts to implement failed policies. And, like so many topics involving this new religion, they end up damaging the concept and idea itself to the point where no one will give it the time of day because all they ever say is "lets just do it guise!"

If you are going to advocate for massive overhauls of established systems, its prudent to not only present an approach that reasonable opponents will at least consider, but also avoid tacking on extraneous BS whose very nature are fractious, debatable, and literally illegal.

That is, unless you are trying to destroy a nation.. I suspect the plan to achieve "parity of wealth" worldwide will be to chop off more successful nations at the knees rather than trying to bring struggling nations up. Thats pretty much how we approach everything as a society, and is certainly part and parcel of philosophies like agenda 21/30.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

Lol do you really think the average American will be furious about people getting healthcare?!?!

There is zero chance “illegals are getting healthcare “ is something that ignites a firestorm..

Why do you think emergency rooms take all callers???

Because we as Americans don’t think hospitals should refuse service if people are injured/sick..

They could absolutely try to give illegals something that pisses people off.. healthcare won’t be it.

Healthcare is typically different animal than medical acute-care or ER that is short term for "a severe injury or episode of illness".

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Here is the way socialized care needs to be thought of:

What is the average median income in the US right now? Typically, it runs between $50K and $55K for a household.

So ballpark, if we're looking taking and redistributing to provide everyone medical care on a level to provide equity (note: equity - what the SJW left is after and equality are two different animals), imagine what sort of level of medical care that household with that income can provide it's members. Here's a hint - they ain't getting the top of anything in any category. In fact, that household wasn't even buying the worst Obamacare plans without serious subsidy.

Now, let's look at Kamala Harris's plan which wants to add a bunch of low wage, low skilled people who aren't even adding a thing to the tax pool to get redistributed. It's like adding a bunch of zero grades to your GPA to get averaged in. That's far more detrimental than adding in a bunch of top grades is helpful. So it's not like we'd be adding a bunch of 1%ers to balance them. Nope we're just straight up bottoming out that median I mentioned above.

That's what she wants to do to the resources available to your family for health care just to provide for non-wage earners who don't pay taxes into the system in any way to alleviate this.

The only way to attempt to balance it would be to pull massive resources from other areas of the budget, and we know how well that works out don't we? So that leaves us with borrowing and/or printing or both.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: rickymouse

It's not always the greed or desire that creates jobs either, but there is also defensive medicine where the doctor fears litigation if he or she does not absolutely rule out every possibility. Sure there may only be a 1 in a million chance person A might have disease B, so it's extremely unlikely, but if you, as a doctor discount it and happen to get that one person ... that one person might sue your socks off if you don't take every step to rule it out, too.

And lawsuits are big money also. There is plenty of greed to go around all sides of society these days.

Two governors ago, the governor pushed through a law that made it so we cannot sue the doctor or pharmaceutical companies for side effects or misdiagnosis if the doctor had any evidence that showed his/her diagnosis was correct. That is Michigan. The governor pushed it through right at the end of her term.

Here, the doctors constantly send you for tests that do not match the symptoms, the Hospitals need more money and they actually told the doctors to boost use of all their services to make sure they do not flop, they had to sell the hospitals to Duke because they were going to go bankrupt. They overspent and paid the consequences. Duke has the same policy, they do not like to lose money, if not enough people use the services they will get rid of them. Common business practice, you cannot lose money and continue to exist.

So no, what you say does not apply, there are quite a few states where you cannot sue a doctor or Pharma company. Doctors do like to please the patients though, which makes me think good bedside manor makes me want to puke. I like a doctor who tells you outright and does not beat around the bush.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

We had leftists back in the sixties and seventies, we called them Hippies. They were usually good people but there were some instigators that fired some groups up, usually hippies were mellow and the girls were extremely friendly.

So, that left is no where at all like the left today

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

What I say does apply here. If that was the case, doctors here would not have to carry such sky high medical malpractice insurance. After all, if they cannot be sued, there would be no point to it.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

What I say does apply here. If that was the case, doctors here would not have to carry such sky high medical malpractice insurance. After all, if they cannot be sued, there would be no point to it.

The change here was meant to help to stop high costs to doctors to control rates they charge. It did nothing to our rates, in fact, in Michigan they went up more than many other states after she passed the new legislation and ever since.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Thanks too Reagan and a law he signed in 86 Illegals already get the most expensive healthcare from Emergency Rooms at hospitals. If illegals got medicare for all it would save the tax payers money, for services they already get.

Well, shoot, you have me convinced. Let's just import every person from every third world country out there and give them everything for free! I'm sure in the long run it'll be cheaper, amirite?

That’s not what she’s saying at all, but honestly, why not? Europe seems to do fine with that policy and it’s the moral and ethical duty of those with the power to help people to use it to help all in need.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Health care is not a right!

It is a paid service!

So is legal counsel but you somehow have a right to that. It’s even enumerated in the constitution.

Furthermore the constitution does not include the right to vote, yet everyone considers it a right.

We have unenumerated rights, and rights don’t have to be free. There is ample legal precedent for both.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

It can't be a right if it is dependent on others to provide.

It then becomes a forced obligation.

Like slavery.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

It can't be a right if it is dependent on others to provide.

It then becomes a forced obligation.

Like slavery.

So due process isn't a right?

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Never said it wasn't.

I'm saying healthcare is not a right.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

That is a newer interpretation of something merely intended to keep you from being barred from having representation, not from having it automatically provided. Those two things are worlds apart.

Being told you cannot have a lawyer is very different from having one automatically given to you if you can't provide one.
edit on 13-5-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

That is a newer interpretation of something merely intended to keep you from being barred from having representation, not from having it automatically provided. Those two things are worlds apart.

Being told you cannot have a lawyer is very different from having one automatically given to you if you can't provide one.

Due process also involves a chain of custody on evidence from law enforcement, judges, and juries. In fact the constitution even mandates juries in some situations. And the idea of a right to counsel being part of due process is nearly 100 years old, and in it's current form is 50 years old.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Never said it wasn't.

But you haven't justified why. We've already covered that citizens can have rights that aren't specifically enumerated in the Constitution. We have also covered that a right doesn't have to be free.

So, by what definition is health care not a right? Because from what I remember, one of the guiding principles of our country is supposed to be the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Access to health care is a necessity for all three of those things.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Never said it wasn't.

But you haven't justified why. We've already covered that citizens can have rights that aren't specifically enumerated in the Constitution. We have also covered that a right doesn't have to be free.

So, by what definition is health care not a right? Because from what I remember, one of the guiding principles of our country is supposed to be the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Access to health care is a necessity for all three of those things.

You are correct, however many Americans like DB have theirs and are not willing to share no matter what, they deserve what they have and anyone else that wants a peice of that pie need to provide their papers to show why they are worthy.

Greed is a sickness that envelopes more than the ruling class, it affects their minions as well, in fact they use their minions in a way that keeps the focus off them.
edit on 14-5-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Miss ladder climbing, sleep her way to the top Kamala is a hazard to herself and others. We need her in the White House like we need another hole in the head.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join