It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Mt. Kailash the tower of Babel? What ya'll think? It makes sense to me.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Just watched this little series here, kinda left wondering if it actually was 3x higher when God destroyed it?

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: supermanning
I don't watch videos, because they're a time-intensive and inefficient way of delivering verbal information. Give me something to read, any day.
I will make some observations on the idea.
The location of Babel is given as the plain of Shinar, i.e what is now southern iraq.
The name of Babel is normally understood to be a variant of the name of Babylon. That is, the pride of Babylonian culture is under the spotlight here.
What would the peoples of the ancient Near East know about a mountain in Tibet, and why would they think of themselves as having been scattered from that area?

edit on 12-5-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I say God bless him, in his InfoWars t-shirt and his sexy southern-ish accent, and his desire to know more of the things of God. I think though, that he hasn't maybe considered that "searched the whole earth" really means "searched everything that THEY thought was the whole earth." I have a strong hunch that the Tower of Babel was somewhere in the biblical lands. Like DISRAELI said, probably in southern Irag, and there is even a structure there which some believe to be the much-damaged and shortened tower.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I done heard that thing before on info wars and in the bible.

*reads passage*

I went and found me some pictures of it, this holy mountain in India.

The Book of Jasher? That's apocrypha fiction. He's grasping for straws. Let me find something that relates to something Christian to make me a video of it for my youtube channel.

Alternate reality RPG

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It appears to definitely be a holy site by the people of the area. But I would think that it would have been the mountain of the gods, not the tower of Babble. The tower of Babble was supposed to have messed up the language, if the Sages had anything to do with this at all, then it is preserving the language. It may have once been a great pyramid, with half of it crumbled for some reason, it almost looks like it washed down a very long time ago. Way more than six thousand years ago unless the stone was soft or there was once a glacier on top of it that destroyed it. It could have been old already when they wrote the bible texts, it could have been a legend in the time of Noah already. The mountain could have still been there and it could have been the blueprint of the pyramids that were built..

Lots of ifs. Until someone goes digging around up there we will never know for sure. Also, the living quarters and temple would probably have been built into the base of the structure, so exactly where would the openings be now?

Someday, probably not in my lifetime, someone will go there and explore it and hopefully find something to identify who was there.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It looks just like a mountain though, doesn't it?

The Infowars shirt guy read the passage from Jasher that says Babel was made from "brick and mortar." So, why is he thinking Mt. Kailash (or any mountain made of rock) is what Jasher describes?

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I think the ‘tower’ was a rocket platform of some kind. They wanted to reach the heavens or otherwise they would be just scattered across the Earth. A lot think that by the wording ‘reach the heavens’ that they were just building a tall tower of some kind, but it supposedly worried God so much He confused everyone’s language...Genesis 11

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
People are pretty convinced it is here:

Tower of Babel Location

Right in the heart of Babylon near the Ishtar Gate. Judging from the satellite picture, the base of the tower was about 90,000 square feet or 9,000 square meters. Huge. Josephus says that Nimrod built it just in case God flooded the world again (Nimrod wanted people to fear him, and not God). The Babylonian name for it was Etemenanki which meant "house for the foundation of heaven and earth". Similar to the Bible which describes it as an attempt to artificially bridge earth and heaven.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Do you have two eighth notes and a superman-type emblem tattooed on your chest?

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I was looking up mount Kailash and found something interesting, there is a region north of it that is completely blanked out, I see roads leading to it but the region is marked blanked both in google maps and google earth the roads that lead to it are also blanked out in some parts...

The coordinates are
31.2126463 N, 81.2263341 E

Look it up! What do you think is hiding underneath?

edit on 12-5-2019 by ATSAlex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: rickymouse

It looks just like a mountain though, doesn't it?

The Infowars shirt guy read the passage from Jasher that says Babel was made from "brick and mortar." So, why is he thinking Mt. Kailash (or any mountain made of rock) is what Jasher describes?

The thing is, if the Tower of Babel was in fact brick and mortar, then its height must not have been that great in today's terms.

Steel and reinforced concrete are enormously more load bearing than brick and mortar. Notwithstanding that the brick they were talking about was probably unfired mud brick with straw or similar fibrous inclusion.

The problem with brick is that the mass of brick above will simply crush those underneath, once a certain height is reached.

Structural Use of Unreinforced Masonry - IIT Kanpur .pdf

top topics

join