It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: China Explosion Kills at Least 20 School Children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
20 schoolchildren were killed today when explosives exploded and caused the school to collapse. The home of a mine operator was storing the explosives when they exploded.

channelnewsasia.coml
BEIJING: Up to 20 children were killed when their school in northern China collapsed after explosives stored in the nearby home of a mine operator blew up, local officials and state press reported Thursday.

The blast occurred in Huogou village, Shanxi province, on Wednesday afternoon when the students in the Beixinzhuang elementary school were attending classes, the Beijing News reported.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

References and more to come as this story develops...

Related News Links
alertnet.org

[edit on 2-3-2005 by deeprivergal]

[edit on 2-3-2005 by deeprivergal]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Reuters AlertNet - China village explosion kills 20 schoolchildren

"A dynamite explosion killed 20 primary schoolchildren in north China when the school building collapsed on top of them, state media said on Thursday.

The dynamite exploded on Wednesday at the house of a coal mine owner in Puxian county, burying the children and some of their teachers at the nearby school"

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
That sucks pretty bad. Oh well. This guy isnt gonna get blamed is he?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CmptrN3rd5
That sucks pretty bad. Oh well. This guy isnt gonna get blamed is he?

I'm sure if this happened in a place like the US or Australia where they have strict explosive handling laws, he probably would as I dont think he'd be allowed to just keep them in his house. They'd have to be kept somewhere considered "safe".

But in China...I dunno, the law probably isn't as strict. So he probably won't.

Ric

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Actually the law is strict... there has been a crackdown on safety, just hard to enforce it with such a huge population

top topics

join