It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imaginary friends, did you have one?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I am wondering if people here had a Imaginary friend as a child.

I did not have any Imaginary friends but my sister did and her name was Ramonya Green and she lived in a tree in our front yard.

she apparently comforted my sister when she was upset and entertained her when she was lonely or bored. Seeing as i never had such a friend i would openly doubt my sister(just shy of teasing her) and she would INSIST to the point of getting upset miss Green was real.

then one day she left my sister and never came back, i still remember her saying that she left and that they were okay separating.

looking back on that with the mind of an adult and a person who loves a good ghost story really makes me wonder if my sister did really see her friend.

and years and years later my moms friend she meet at work and is still friends to this day is named Ramona Green(yes i spelled them different).

my moms side of the family(including myself. im a male btw) has always had strange paranormal happenings

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Many years ago we lived next to a family. Our families were close. Anyway, the other family's daughter had an imaginary friend. She said his name was Ding Dong. What a name for an imaginary friend, right? She was less than 2 years old and that was over 30 years ago.
edit on 5/12/2019 by Blueracer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
I am wondering if people here had a Imaginary friend as a child.

Oh yessss

My imaginary wife , when the real one makes my life miserable as usual….

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I did have one, it was a male voice that I heard until I was about 3 yo. He seemed friendly and we just hung out together. One day he told me that he had to leave - I was so upset I cried for days, then he came back one last time telling me that he was not really allowed to be with me after a certain age but as I had been so upset he was worried. I also had my first alien accounter about that time, and he was the one that guided me to where they were. Once I met the alien and telepathically talked to them, I told them that my friend had told me where they had landed - which seemed to surprise them. The alien later told me that I should be careful, since some of these "friends" were dangerous.

-MM
edit on 12-5-2019 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I had several imaginary friends over the years, but they were a product of my rich imagination. I was fully aware they were nothing more than that. It was a product of being a gifted child.

Now, if you want to talk about haunted houses, I also grew up in one of those, and there was nothing at all friendly about what was in our house, and it is partially responsible for my strong faith today. But that's all another story entirely.

My imaginary friends were a way to get over the loneliness of not having mental peers for a part of my childhood.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
no

but my buddy 'Skippy' had some interesting ones

edit on 12-5-2019 by ElGoobero because: add illustration

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
Many years ago we lived next to a family. Our families were close. Anyway, the other family's daughter had an imaginary friend. She said his name was Ding Dong. What a name for an imaginary friend, right? She was less than 2 years old and that was over 30 years ago.

Was her imaginary daughter a spirit that may have resided (in the past) near the town of Penzance, UK ?

Ding Dong is actually the name given to a pagan spring that is located near Madron, Penzance, UK 50.157899, -5.590398

Been there many times during my childhood.
You know the song "Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree" by Tony Orlando & Dawn - 1973; well anyway, i was there one day with my mother and cousins playing where she told us to start tying up yellow ribbons on a tree next to the spring.

After putting them up high in the branches, we noticed a old woman walking her dog, giving us and my mother really cold dark looks. A week later, during the summer school holidays we returned and noticed all the yellow ribbons had been pulled down. hmmmm

edit on 12-5-2019 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

My friends were quite real.

I think I was five years old,
leaning on the hood of my dad's car,
sucking my thumb, with my blanket in hand
when the neighbor kids suggested that my blanket was too ragged
to offer much in the way of security.

I was a bit lost without my blanket
so the wall in front of my bed took notice.
I could sit for hours watching the texture shift its patterns
making funny faces, scary faces, just pausing to say hi faces.

My bed was situated in a corner.
When the door was open it formed a sort of alcove,
bed against one wall long ways,
head against the same wall with the door,
so open door was like a short partition.

So sitting up at the head of the bed
the door knob was sticking out perpendicular.
Every once in a while it would bend so as to face me.
That alarmed me at first so I told my parents.
They assured me that such a thing was not possible.
But for some reason they changed the doorknob.

Oh well, the new one did it too.
I figured I should keep that to myself.

It is possible that the mice under the bed
who dressed up in colorful clothes
and paraded around two-legged style
were imaginary, because I only saw them do that
when I had a high fever.

Well I don't suppose they really qualify as friends exactly,
it's not like they talked to me or anything like that.
Okay, occasional acquaintances.

You know how when you're really sick
and you hang your head down to look under the bed
and the blood goes to your head
and then you get a bad headache?

You may watch and laugh for a short time
but the prospect of calling for an encore just wouldn't feel good.

The bobcat is kind of a long story.
We weren't close friends,
She would run away from me,
really fast at first,
then a little slower each time she saw me.

To be honest, I thought of her as a friend
but I don't know what she thought about me
because she never told me.
So that's a load of presumption on my part.

She would just look at me
like I should be able to read her mind or something.
And I'm like "I'm only a kid. I don't know how to do that."
Then she's like "You're bigger than I am, how do you explain that?"
"Well I don't know. I'll probably just get bigger."
"Well then I don't trust you."

Wow! It's getting late.
I'll have to leave Henry the Guinea Pig,
and Catsup Bottle Mouse,
and Incredibly Surviving Cricket for another day.

edit on 13-5-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Does your sis remember her I.F to this day?
Like was it a voice or could she see her?

Was she dressed in old clothes etc

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

she remembers her.

she was a little girl as far as her clothing i will have to ask her when i talk to her

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

A decade ago I was told by my mother and sister that I had an imaginary friend named Joe. When they told me some of the things Joe told me, well I was shocked to say the least. Not the kind of intelligent things my 3 to 6 year old mind should have been coming up with. I do not remember him or his name at all, but apparently I had my own ghost.

I think “Joe” was actually “Lowell”, my mother’s little brother, who was run over while riding his bike at 14. I think Lowell was/(is?) my guardian angel.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

My granddaughter gave me a book that she bought at a school bookfair, Pam Conrad, Stonewords — A Ghost Story. It involves ghost, friend, and time travel. I don't know what sources she used for writing the book, but I'm thinking of using this book as a style guide for writing my own short story.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Yes . . .

Mine still talks to me sometimes . . .

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Interestingly, my 2 youngest daughters both shared an imaginary friend at a young age. They were both under the age of 6 at this time, and I heard them talking about 'Sunshine Mom'. I asked who that was, and they told me it was their other mom, who talked with them at night, and said she loved them, and kept them safe. Their rooms were both next to each other upstairs in our house, and they shared a closet between the rooms, and could talk to each other through the closet at night. They described 'Sunshine Mom' as glowing, like a light. It was weird they both had the same imaginary friend, had this shared experience, and that they swore up and down she was real. I have not asked them about 'Sunshine Mom' since. They are both teenagers now anyway, and into different things.

edit on 18-5-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: added one more sentence

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The closest I had as a child was my stuffed animals. They never moved or talked, but I felt that they were alive and self aware, stuck in fluffy little paralytic bodies. They were my only real friends and I cared for them deeply. I would apologize profusely if I ever stepped on one by mistake, and tuck them into my covers with me so that they wouldn't be cold at night. I used to beg and plead with them to talk to me because I just knew they could if they wanted to. They never did.

edit on 28-8-2019 by DVforlife because: Noob mistakes

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
Ding Dong is actually the name given to a pagan spring that is located near Madron, Penzance, UK 50.157899, -5.590398

You know the song "Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree" by Tony Orlando & Dawn - 1973;

Recently popped in to have a look at the Ding Dong wishing well (ley-line spring) and lo and behold, there are so many ribbons.

Walked into the roofless ancient Chapel surrounding the spring and intervened on 3 middle aged women sitting in silence. Took a picture and they all got up as though i had intervened in their "spell"; ooooops.

top topics

join