It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is happening to society?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

You got the right idea. We just all need to give one big collective middle finger to this nonsense everywhere it rears its ugly head.

Even smaller levels of nonsense I used to not mind putting up with... I just no longer have the energy to keep pretending.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Even smaller levels of nonsense I used to not mind putting up with... I just no longer have the energy to keep pretending.

Dogs often suffer from this, it's called distemper

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The tax takers are pooping in the pool.

-electronically speaking

Wait till "AI for good!" Fires up, if not already up and running.

An Electro-AI-Smith-Mundting, if you will.
edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: Addded2

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Then why does any modern actress insist on being described as an "actor", which is a masculine word?
I suppose "consistency" is also a masculine concept.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Holding your husbands 'sexual desire' for you, hostage, because some political party doesn't agree with your p.o.v?? Congrats on setting womens liberation back a few centuries and being a very lousy role model for young girls.

Cool because I'm not trying to have sex with her anyways. This is something weird to me because I'm a single male that women would consider an eligible bachelor in a way. My boss is really attractive and flirts with me for fun even. Nothing serious but that superficial work play flirt thing, I dunno if you've seen them do it but they're relentless attention addicts. If you're single and considered attractive, you'd better get used to it and play along because they can and usually are above you.

I got sidetracked. It's weird to me because I have no problem going without. I'm in my mid 30s but look and come off like im in my mid 20s. in fact most co-workers would never think I was that old and in general I never talk about it unless cornered. When I was in my teens and 20s it was harder to but even then I did. I passed up a plethora of casual with attractive girls. It just wasn't usually my thing.

I lack the thirst and wonder about the state most men are in. They chase it always, talk about it all the time, will pay for it, and willingly bang very unattractive and overweight women casually because it's easy if given the opportunity. Some look for it. Frustrated sex lives in a marriage I also find odd. Why does he need it so bad so regularly? He's at least my age or older.

There's nothing wrong with me, I like it and it has its place. I wouldn't turn it down if the situation was right but it'd be highly unlikely that a female that I find physically as well as mentally attractive is going to pop up or be found in adventures wanting to do that, maybe back in the day. Plus I think girls who have relations with more than one guy in a short span of time are gross.

I'm on sex strike always until I'm proven wrong.

F**K the media, in all forms! This crap is toxic and truley is the enemy of the people.

Yes sir, including media thats favorable to your political beliefs and opinions. Hats off to you, stars and flags. I have CNN and Fox bookmarked and I check both whenever I do check the news. I've been doing it for a couple of years now, and it's completely changed the way I see everything.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   

That would only put off self-doubting, unambitious, and/or indecisive women.
edit on 12-5-2019 by drussell41 because: xyz

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   
All of this is being manufactured solely for political capitol. Remember this as you watch it tear through and destroy your communities and institutions and know that the same political figures who are responsible boast at their rallies about how they don't have a Super PAC.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I remember my dry spells sex strikes. Good times.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Whoever wrote that article just likes to diss woman.
Most sexist piece of writing I’ve seen in a while.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Once again the media knows the sheeple,they more outlandish it's characters,the more attention it gets from idiots,the truth is a lot of things are going on right now the public has no idea of what is truth and what is fact nuclear weapons,employment of troops and battleships in middle east So China sea,disasters of flooding,sinkholes,volcanic eruptions,major earthquakes,softball sized hail,and the fact they know that a cycle in which we are once again devastated,is but maybe 2 yrs away,disease plagues,swarmes of locust's,perhaps these should hold presidence,instead of knowing that the prince use Preparation X

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Apparently, it isn't an original idea but does seem to be effective. I especially love this part I bolded. Women always want something from men and willing to withhold something to get it. Good strategy.

History shows that sex strikes are a surprisingly effective strategy for political change

By Maureen ShawApril 14, 2017

In a recent interview with Marie Claire, singer Janelle Monáe called for a sex strike in the name of women’s rights. “People have to start respecting the vagina,” she said. “Until every man is fighting for our rights, we should consider stopping having sex.”
It’s not such a crazy idea: Women have withheld sex to protest social injustices and advocate for political reform throughout history. Many of these strikes have proven successful—even if Monáe’s idea would likely fail in the US.

Most people associate the idea of sex strikes with the ancient Greek play Lysistrata, in which women team up to bring about the end of the Peloponnesian War. But sex strikes have spanned hundreds of years and multiple countries. In 1600, for example, Iroquois women refused to engage in sex as a way to stop unregulated warfare. The tactic worked: They gained veto power concerning all future wars and paved the way for future feminist rebellions.

qz.com...

edit on 12-5-2019 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Guys, it’s time.

If we all throw in $20, we’ll eventually have enough to build a rocket we can strap ourselves to and go populate some other less-retarded planet.

Who’s in?

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

She'll more than likely still be known in the history books for her desire to lynch kavenaugh in the court of public opinion. You know, rather than an actual court of law.

She's a washed up has been that just has whatever political topic to tie her old dried up boat too for a bit of publicity.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Surprised this hasn't been taken down from YT.

]]]

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
That moment when Alyssa Milano promotes abstinence as opposed to popping BC like candy.
edit on 12-5-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Yes indeed, the public's attention is diverted purposely. Its perceptions are manipulated. Sleight-of-hand rules and it is very effective. Humans are easily fooled.

And so many believe the western governments are delivering democracy or anything even close to it. Indeed, the oligarchies are in charge of government, with effective control.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
2 news items today made me shake my head wondering what kind of future the current #allaboutmyfeelings mentality is creating

An article in today's news paper

How has this even become a social justice needing action? If your job opening is high pressure, stressful, requires quick analytical thinking and can be full on at times.... then you need an applicant with those attributes. People who are nervous about that kind of job description probably shouldn't apply and most likely wouldn't get the job.

Soon, you won't be able to reject peoples job applications in fear of upsetting them.

Then we have Alyssa Milano

Holding your husbands 'sexual desire' for you, hostage, because some political party doesn't agree with your p.o.v?? Congrats on setting womens liberation back a few centuries and being a very lousy role model for young girls.

F**K the media, in all forms! This crap is toxic and truley is the enemy of the people.

Todays front page news paper (in an Australian city) is a 4 page spread on the new royal baby..... the ROYAL BABY!!!!!... Alexander Downer (a previous high profile Aus politician) has just been outed as a US intel drone who played a big part in framing the US president for treason.. yet, we have a 4 page expose on a british baby....

we are breeding a dangerous future and sleep walking into societies demise.

These people are idiots. Ignore them till you cant.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The whole call for a sex strike is completely hilarious on so many levels.

What happened to not telling women what to do with their bodies?

I guess that's okay now???

Opponents of abortion have said people should practice abstinence. Feminists say that's ridiculous, but now it's them advocating for abstinence. That'll cut down on unPlanned Parenthood's bottom line better than any protest a conservative movement could muster.

The only people that will follow this sex strike are far left types, so it sucks to be a far left guy in Georgia I guess. I bet conservative women will be putting out more for their men to rebel against calls for a sex strike by the left. Win-Win for conservative guys, lose-lose for progressives.

The right really doesn't have to do anything except sit back and let the stupidity of the left expose itself into its own demise. Give them enough rope and the left will simply tangle themselves up in it.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

How is she not exercising full control over her body by withholding it sexually?

It's not like someone (her husband) is going to hold her down and fircibly rape her to prove that she must get pregnant.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RandomPerson
Guys, it’s time.

If we all throw in $20, we’ll eventually have enough to build a rocket we can strap ourselves to and go populate some other less-retarded planet.

Who’s in?

I'll go.

The proggies won't want in on it until our grandchildren's children's children have made it a place civilized enough to have a Starbuck's and a Hot Topic, and I'll be long dead by then.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join