It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is happening to society?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on May, 11 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
2 news items today made me shake my head wondering what kind of future the current #allaboutmyfeelings mentality is creating

An article in today's news paper

How has this even become a social justice needing action? If your job opening is high pressure, stressful, requires quick analytical thinking and can be full on at times.... then you need an applicant with those attributes. People who are nervous about that kind of job description probably shouldn't apply and most likely wouldn't get the job.

Soon, you won't be able to reject peoples job applications in fear of upsetting them.

Then we have Alyssa Milano

Holding your husbands 'sexual desire' for you, hostage, because some political party doesn't agree with your p.o.v?? Congrats on setting womens liberation back a few centuries and being a very lousy role model for young girls.

F**K the media, in all forms! This crap is toxic and truley is the enemy of the people.

Todays front page news paper (in an Australian city) is a 4 page spread on the new royal baby..... the ROYAL BABY!!!!!... Alexander Downer (a previous high profile Aus politician) has just been outed as a US intel drone who played a big part in framing the US president for treason.. yet, we have a 4 page expose on a british baby....

we are breeding a dangerous future and sleep walking into societies demise.

edit on 11/5/19 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/5/19 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 11 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Sudo intellectualism fueled by "feels" and a broken moral compass.

Bucking the status quo, for the sake of just being "progressive" is not what actual progressivism is about. You progress towards an improved level of morality and intelligence, not just progressive for the sake of leaving everything behind because it's "outdated".

TLDR: Stupid people who don't know they are stupid pretending to be smart by promoting stupidity.
edit on 11-5-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

OMG the idea that women can't be decisive or that men can't be understanding is so backwoods ridiculous and antiquated.

Funny how trying to take steps forward in the name of progressivism is actually just creating exponential regress for society.

Also, celebrities hashtagging about something that no one can actually verify isn't activism, but whatevs.

edit on 11-5-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
If you don't read about it you won't know about it

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

OMG the idea that women can't be decisive or that men can't be understanding is so backwoods ridiculous and antiquated.

Funny how trying to take steps forward in the name of progressivism is actually just creating exponential regress for society.

Is the notion that a womans only negotiating value is her body and that she should wield it like a piece of currency progressive?

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Equality for women .... Done!

Equal work for equal pay .... Done!

Now we get ... ooh, I don't like the words you use ... change them.

If you don't want a job that is challenging ... don't apply!

Yeah, woosiefying the work place!

News flash ... you are applying for a job. The entire process is competitive. That is life.

If you want the Government to get you a job without the hassles of applying for it ... go find a Communist country and join in. They will find you a job!

I used to work with two women who could not do math. They wanted the rest of us to spend our work time doing the hard parts of their jobs.

The true fact is, there are more men in traditionally women's jobs that women in traditionally men's jobs.

I like a challenging job and so do a lot of women.

I certainly do not want to work with any people that just want to complain about, "it isn't fair, I shouldn't have to do math ... I don't like math ... it is too hard."

I really do like a strong, smart independent woman.

Woosies, who needs them.

P

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This is like the modern version of some puritan era "we'll stop popping out babies until you fix our butter churns and put a stove in the kitchen".

But I guess it's progressive now, somehow.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Is the nation that a womans only negotiating value is her body and that she should wield it like a piece of currency progressive?

I can see the history books now man.

1932- Mohandas Gandhi, hunger strike (resulting in temporary peace)

1981- Francis Hughes, hunger strike (resulting in death)

2019- Alyssa Milano, sex strike* (*unverified, resulting in re-tweets)

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

She'll more than likely still be known in the history books for her desire to lynch kavenaugh in the court of public opinion. You know, rather than an actual court of law.

She's a washed up has been that just has whatever political topic to tie her old dried up boat too for a bit of publicity.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Yep. Faux Activism is where celebrities go to die.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Yet, ironically, they view it as a rebirth.

Jokes on them I guess.......

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Funny world we live in nowadays. The same people that don’t want me using words like “courageous or challenging” in a help wanted ad because it hurts their feelers, are the same people calling me “deplorable, racist and a nazi”, makes perfect sense to me.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
Funny world we live in nowadays. The same people that don’t want me using words like “courageous or challenging” in a help wanted ad because it hurts their feelers, are the same people calling me “deplorable, racist and a nazi”, makes perfect sense to me.

It's not their fault, their just stupid.

Some part of you(like me) should feel a bit sorry for them. I mean not enough to actually validate/implement any of their ideas, but enough to warrant an occasional head shake and a bit of sympathy for their inadequate mental processes.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

TLDR: Stupid people who don't know they are stupid pretending to be smart by promoting stupidity.

Stupid ain't it?

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
And that's why I'm singin' WHAT...what is wrong with world today?

It's the prassure!

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Society is being emasculated because strong, independent males teach their children to be... wait for it...

...strong and independent.

Which is totally incompatible with their ideology of complete dependence on (and worship of) the state.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   

uh...... self proclaimed celebrities cough......

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   

What part of ''until women have legal control over our own bodies we cannot risk pregnancy'' do you not agree with?

You say

Holding your husbands 'sexual desire' for you, hostage, because some political party doesn't agree with your p.o.v?? Congrats on setting womens liberation back a few centuries and being a very lousy role model for young girls.

How about this instead. Husbands are holding wives hostage to their sexual desire.

And setting women's rights back a couple of centuries?????? You mean like back when they were not even allowed to vote?

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
So these morons are suggesting being confident, decisive and ambitious are male traits? They must no think much of women. Those freaking leftists are sexist bastards.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

What part of ''until women have legal control over our own bodies we cannot risk pregnancy'' do you not agree with?

Alyssa Milano is my new hero.

For years you guys have been telling me that banning abortion won't stop people from having sex.

Yet here she is pledging to not have sex because she can't risk getting pregnant (due to restricted access to abortion) and she's encouraging others to join her.

She's a spokesperson for personal responsibility and doesn't even realize it.

Winning.

edit on 12-5-2019 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join