It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny: Alyssa Milano Calls For Sex Strike

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I am Thinking most Female Prostitutes will Ignore this ,. then make a Sheet Load of Money for their Pimps ............Supply and Demand you Know ,,,,,,,,,)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: KansasGirl

What makes you think she is stupid?

Seems shes had a pretty successful career. Actor, producer.

Seriously? The subject of this thread is her idiotic idea. Her tweet makes me think she is stupid. Low IQ.

One doesn't have to be Einstein to be a successful actor. All she has to do is be able to read and pretend she's someone else.
edit on 13-5-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Point taken, but damn. You must hope they don't speak until after.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

And as far as me going out to the extreme well you are the one talking about killing babies the day before delivery like as if its a common occurance.

I didn't even suggest it was common, just possible as an example of the extreme side. My original point was we can not come to a conclusion as a country of what point is no longer reasonable, and your reply is about pregnant 11 years old and crazy women...

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

By what measurement are you basing your judgement as to what is reasonable and what isn't? Stage of pregnancy? Risk of life? Chances of survival once born? The extent the women and those who depend on her is adversely affected?
And more importantly if we did come to an agreement how could we legislate it?
I believe it was this thread that I provided a long list of instances where laws and the policies of hospitals where "religious beliefs" trumped any concern for the women resulted in some of the most illogical, unreasonable, borderline insane crap happening!

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Purity rings never worked. Abstinence programs never worked. Sex ed never worked. Thr fear of STDs never worked.

Maybe a good old fashioned "progressive" protest will work!

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 13-5-2019 by filthyphilanthropist because: Double post

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Fist off. If women don't want to get raped (as you say) then don't get married. It comes with the territory..that's what gets a family going. No one except some weird caste system in India or Muslims forces anyone to get married. You ignorant feminists have so many ridiculous statistics and flawed facts that its just insane. You just make up sh!t up on the fly, as you go. No credible proof or anything. Show me where its proven that women that get married are "raped". The entire West is filled with women just happy to have sex with their husbands. Just because you feminists "say" something it doesn't make it so. It just makes you look more stupid...if that's at all possible.

Maybe not with you or other feminists, because largely feminists are unattractive and obese and no one wants anything to do with them because they're just man hating misandrists. In case you haven't noticed, most women want nothing to do with you or your idiotic beliefs of hate. Everything feminists say and do is by definition a hate crime and you all should be put in internment camps. If I were President, you would love Trump because that would be my first order of business.

As for Margaret Sanger. You left out a lot about how and why she started Planned Parenthood...and she wasn't at all ashamed to admit it. She hated black people, she wanted them eradicated and created Planned Parenthood just for that. To get rid of the black population. Look it up before you start using her as your heroine. She was a notable and admitted racist...and Hillary Clinton's mentor (for all those who support that witch).

To sum it up for you (because feminists aren't known for their intelligence or retaining facts...they simply just repeat made up statistics told by other feminists):

1) Your claim of wives getting raped in the West, is just nonsensical and made up. How do I know...because only idiot feminists are the ones making the claims...not even the wives are making this claim. You may have one or two examples of some pissed off feminists who married a man just for the money or something and then had to have sex with him because nothing is free, but overall...women are totally fine with it. Also, who's to say they aren't raping their husbands?

2) Margaret Sanger was a racist who started Planned Parenthood to kill off the black population and everyone knows this...it's common knowledge and she even admitted it and was proud of it...NOT a good source for an argument. It was only recently that all women started to use it to get out of their responsibilities of motherhood because it's an easy out to murder your own child. Note...this is a "privilege" that men do not have (much like affirmative action) and men are forced by the courts to take care of their child ready or not. So it's really women that are privileged. Anyway, it was great pointing out your ignorance.

Have a horrible day.
edit on 13-5-2019 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

By what measurement are you basing your judgement as to what is reasonable and what isn't? Stage of pregnancy? Risk of life? Chances of survival once born? The extent the women and those who depend on her is adversely affected?

I don't know I put the question forward as to the REAL debate and not the old dead horse of "they will take our freedom of choice away!!" Abortions is a done deal, no need to even keep kicking that dead horse, and within maybe 50 years it will all be moot anyways.

I dare suggest you do not really read my posts but take small snippets out of it to use in some form of argument that I didn't even engage with.

I ask you what is reasonable...simple question.

And more importantly if we did come to an agreement how could we legislate it?
I believe it was this thread that I provided a long list of instances where laws and the policies of hospitals where "religious beliefs" trumped any concern for the women resulted in some of the most illogical, unreasonable, borderline insane crap happening!

Kind of goes down the path that EVERYONE MUST!! agree on everything, well as long as it is what the left or right agrees with, and that is just not the real world.

Private Hospitals can pretty much do what they want, wouldn't you say? Do you think the large number of abortions in the black community is due to proper birth control? Large number of rapes? Large number of deformities? etc It is due to a culture that teats abortions as a form of birth control with companies that prey on that culture for profit.

I'm not religious saying this is against God, I'm saying it is not a healthy culture of belief. An abortion should be the exception rather than the rule, and my concerns are more when it becomes the norm when we have so much more to prevent births.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
Show me where its proven that women that get married are "raped". The entire West is filled with women just happy to have sex with their husbands. Just because you feminists "say" something it doesn't make it so. It just makes you look more stupid...if that's at all possible.

My wife can get rather testy if I don't rape her on a somewhat regular bases...

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Teikiatsu

I wonder just how many in elected offices would end up having to resign because of their sexual misadventures if their wives took part. Or did trump take the shame out of adultery?

The shame is still there for people who give a damn. But voting for the lesser of two shames is a thing.

posted on May, 13 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
Show me where its proven that women that get married are "raped". The entire West is filled with women just happy to have sex with their husbands. Just because you feminists "say" something it doesn't make it so. It just makes you look more stupid...if that's at all possible.

My wife can get rather testy if I don't rape her on a somewhat regular bases...

I know right? Lol. Everyone needs to look around themselves tomorrow at all the married couples that they see together, and witness the terrified look on the faces of all those wives, that consistently get raped by their husbands, and don't report it to the police. I mean, they're everywhere right?

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I'm in, Alyssa, but for me to stop having sex with you, we're going to have to first START.

Don't worry...this won't take long!

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

First off I can point to a time period married, unmarried, sex addict or not no women wants to have sex#! And most men are understanding. But I can tell you personally that sex is really very painful the first few weeks after a natural child birth!! And yes the first step in starting a family is marriage. But some people will come to the point where they want to stop growing their family and they might actually think that the are getting sound advice from the medical professionals when they tell them to wait a couple of years before trying to grow that family larger!

As for Margaret Sanger. Ya the nerve of her for thinking that teaching women about the ways they could prevent pregnancy and giving them the power to choose for themselves how large they wanted their family to grow in a world where the more prominant and practiced method was to just forcibly or secretly sterialize select groups of people!!
As far as ignoance goes that is all one is gonna find on this thread a bunch of rancid insulting ignorant statements against women and liberals!!
Think I spent four or five hours searching and reading and providing links to information contesting some of the assertions and misinformation being spouted on this thread only to be insulted by most. All yous want is another liberals are bad women are idiots pat me on the back and make me feel validated threads as if ATS doesn't have enough of them.
The wacky Cali women is only telling women to do something the danged pro life crowd has been saying for years. Only she is putting a slant on it that might actually get some attention. Wtf is the problem of not that somewhere deep down yous are feeling a not threatened that it might be you that find yourself paying your hard earned money to a prostitute to get relief?
edit on 14-5-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   

You might want to tip off the pro-life crowd as far as abortion being a done deal because that is what the latest round of abortion bills being passed is all about. They are hoping that the new majority of conservative judges will overturn roe. And that is why so many state's like NY are updated their outdated laws to conform to roe and subsequent court rulings. And its quite obvious that the right to life crowd is a tad disappointed that they are taking this measure.

Oh I've read your posts although I admit sometimes I was left guessing as to what you meant. Which I am sure you can say the same when it comes to mine. The what is reasonable was one of the times where it wasn't really clear as to what you meant and I did try to answer it.
Its not a simple question. My answer would be what would leave the least amount of damage in the end. Or just how much can we reasonably expect a women, her children, husband, and others close to her to sacrifice to bring a child into the world or protect the religious freedom of hospitals, doctors, and pharmacies!
We are approaching the problem in a wrong manner and it is leading to some crazy outcomes with really no noticable difference in the abortion rate which by the way has been steadily dropping for quite a few decades. Not because of any laws that were passed but because birth control methods have improved and become readily available.
Now about those hospitals and their religious beliefs.
Would you consider it reasonable in any way if the only hospital within a 100 miles refused to give blood transfusions because of their deeply held religious beliefs? I doubt you would. Well I consider some of the policies that are being allowed because of the religious rights concerning the abortion issyeto be just as dangerous and unreasonable as denying someone a blood transfusion till he is on deaths door!!

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

You might want to tip off the pro-life crowd as far as abortion being a done deal because that is what the latest round of abortion bills being passed is all about. They are hoping that the new majority of conservative judges will overturn roe.

Pro-life people are dying out, pardon the pun. 18 to 30 age group is 38% pro-life and so the numbers are not getting better and when you then think about how many of that 38% are kind of pro-life and not your full on reverse Roe vs Wade pro life it is much worst. Even 30 to 50 age group it is still only about 45%. If they haven't reversed it in the last 45+ years there is pretty much zero chance now. Even Kavanaugh and Roberts are not pro life enough to even discuss Roe vs Wade, they even decline to hear two other pro-life cases that needs 4 votes for the SC to even hear a case, so they are not even engaging.

Its not a simple question. My answer would be what would leave the least amount of damage in the end. Or just how much can we reasonably expect a women, her children, husband, and others close to her to sacrifice to bring a child into the world or protect the religious freedom of hospitals, doctors, and pharmacies!

You are right it is not a simple question and that is why it is so heated and most likely never answered. As further examples, should a 11 year old (XX age teen) be allowed to buy the morning after pill or get on birth control pills without adult awareness, should public funding be used for abortions, how far in the normal pregnancy should we cut off the choice for abortion, or should there be any cut off at all up to prior to birth, what if the dad wants an abortion, or elects to not have one, how does either effect choice and future support of the mother and child. In the end there is a huge amount of debatable things here without even touching Roe vs Wade.

We are approaching the problem in a wrong manner and it is leading to some crazy outcomes with really no noticable difference in the abortion rate which by the way has been steadily dropping for quite a few decades. Not because of any laws that were passed but because birth control methods have improved and become readily available.

This is why in 50 years the whole abortion thing will become moot. Hell, a child will most likely be moved from a right to have to be a privilege to have as in you might need to apply to have a child and not just have one because you want to. Get ready for that social medicine...

Now about those hospitals and their religious beliefs.
Would you consider it reasonable in any way if the only hospital within a 100 miles refused to give blood transfusions because of their deeply held religious beliefs? I doubt you would. Well I consider some of the policies that are being allowed because of the religious rights concerning the abortion issyeto be just as dangerous and unreasonable as denying someone a blood transfusion till he is on deaths door!!

Too simple, you do know it is common practice for private hospitals farm out non-insurance patients to other hospitals right? Private hospitals can refuse service, and that is why many do not have an open ER such as a public hospital has. If they did have an ER then they would be forced to treat anyone who needed emergency care. In your case a person needing blood would be sent to an ER i.e. not a private hospital, plus abortion is not considered an emergency as much as elected medical condition.

edit on 14-5-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

But. In somes areas of the country they are the only hospital around and contrary to what you saying they have emergency roomr, they accept medicaid, and many times there is no way to distinguish them from any other hospitals. But a group of bishops dictate the care patients receive in areas where religious beliefs collide with what is considered by the AMA to be the best medical procedures.
It is standard procedure that If a women decides she want her tubes tied and is gonna be giving birth soon to do the two things together. But one Catholic hospital decided they just weren't gonna do that. The women has a brain tumor for crying out loud and it was her doctors who thought it was a good idea for her to get her tubes tied. And I may be wrong but I believe she had the birth via csection. But it is reasonable to make a cancer patient to endure two procedures instead of one not to mention that added cost. And before you ask why she didn't just go to another hospital she didn't learn about the crazy policy till late in her pregnancy, the next closest hospital was pretty far away, and the doctor she had made arrangements with, who had been tracking her pregnancy all along, who had already took the time to understand her unique situation, would have handed her case off to another doctor. Last I heard she was arguing and pleading with the hospital to make an exception for her case. Don't really know if they reversed their decision or not.

An ectopic pregnancy will not ever produce a life birth although it can kill the woman. Of caught in time it can be treated via a medical abortion. Just take a couple of polls. But a hospital that is restrained by bishops' decree can't do that It seems. I've took the time to read some of the papers written to help doctorswith this conflict. Its kind of confusing really but by what I understand the seen to be saying no you can't take the life of the baby but you can treat the damaged tube by slicing it out. So well just stall till you can honestly say that the tube is damaged and start slicing and dicing but not wait too long because of it ruptures she's gonna bleed out rather quickly.
The recommended treatment for an on going miscarriage if The attempts to prevent it is to induce labor and help the miscarriage along. Not send the home two or three times through the week. Only to have the women collapse on the floor the final time feverish from sepsis and finally giving birth on her own. Nor is it to sit in your star and wait till the heartbeat to stop or the miscarriage comes to completion.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

But. In somes areas of the country they are the only hospital around and contrary to what you saying they have emergency roomr, they accept medicaid, and many times there is no way to distinguish them from any other hospitals. But a group of bishops dictate the care patients receive in areas where religious beliefs collide with what is considered by the AMA to be the best medical procedures.

If they have an ER they can not turn away emergency care, period. If they receive no public funds they can dictate what non-emergency care they want to provide including care based on religious beliefs. As I side note, I would not choose some random hospital as much as pick a clinic that specializes in it. Just like I would not go to a random hospital to get a nose job as I would pick a good doctor that has done 1000s with good results.

It is standard procedure that If a women decides she want her tubes tied and is gonna be giving birth soon to do the two things together. But one Catholic hospital decided they just weren't gonna do that.

Once again you are talking elective medical services and they can refuse, and you can go to another hospital or clinic for this. I'm not sure why this would be against their religion unless they assume any form of birth control is wrong.

The women has a brain tumor for crying out loud and it was her doctors who thought it was a good idea for her to get her tubes tied. And I may be wrong but I believe she had the birth via csection. But it is reasonable to make a cancer patient to endure two procedures instead of one not to mention that added cost. And before you ask why she didn't just go to another hospital she didn't learn about the crazy policy till late in her pregnancy, the next closest hospital was pretty far away, and the doctor she had made arrangements with, who had been tracking her pregnancy all along, who had already took the time to understand her unique situation, would have handed her case off to another doctor. Last I heard she was arguing and pleading with the hospital to make an exception for her case. Don't really know if they reversed their decision or not.

To be honest, I don't really care. We can point out 100s of hospital horror stories that have nothing to do with religion that are 10x worst than your example. A tubal ligation is an outpatient 30 min event that can be free at clinics like Planned Parenthood.

An ectopic pregnancy will not ever produce a life birth although it can kill the woman. Of caught in time it can be treated via a medical abortion. Just take a couple of polls. But a hospital that is restrained by bishops' decree can't do that It seems. I've took the time to read some of the papers written to help doctorswith this conflict. Its kind of confusing really but by what I understand the seen to be saying no you can't take the life of the baby but you can treat the damaged tube by slicing it out. So well just stall till you can honestly say that the tube is damaged and start slicing and dicing but not wait too long because of it ruptures she's gonna bleed out rather quickly.
The recommended treatment for an on going miscarriage if The attempts to prevent it is to induce labor and help the miscarriage along. Not send the home two or three times through the week. Only to have the women collapse on the floor the final time feverish from sepsis and finally giving birth on her own. Nor is it to sit in your star and wait till the heartbeat to stop or the miscarriage comes to completion.

I would go directly to another clinic/hospital that could handle my needs. Sounds like a law suit waiting to happen though....

As I said Hospitals do some pretty crazy bad stuff totally non-religious, we are all meat to them anyways that they want to keep alive.

I'm not sure what you are trying to convince me of here other than some medical practices suck, and I think we both know that.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Just watch the republican majority of the Alabama Senate vote down an ammendment to include rape and incest as exceptions.
There was all this talk about how all men (and therefore all concieved fetuses) were born equal and endowed with inalienable rights. And they were talking about nine yr old and 12 year old victims of incest that has popped up previously in the state. And well we do have the 12 yr old in Ohio.
And they vetoed a Bill that would provide them exception. I have to ask. An egg is fertilized and has all the same rights as anyone else. It grows into a beautiful litle girl. Still enjoying all those inalienable right. Till one say a monster comes along and she's found to be pregnant. She's just a child still growing. Her bones are still developing. She needs all the vitamins and minerals for her own body's growth. Chances are good her body still hasn't developed to the point where delivering a child is possible. The extra weight in the front is gonna make her so much more uncomfortable than it would for an adult. There's probably a good chance that it's gonna result in a screwed up back for her to deal with the rest of her life. In plain simple words she is being condemned to months of sheer hell
But when she was conceived she had the right to life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness. All of which it seems will be stripped from her thanks to the monster who assaulted her and the uncaring republicans who chose to place the rights of a fetus above her own.
Regardless of weather or not they deliberately wrote this law with a fatal flaw so it would make it up to our highest court in hopes that it will result in roe being overturned. The massage they are sending out is quite disgusting. And if they can't empathize with the physical and emotional pain of a child put in this situation why should any women believe they will be able to empathize with you regardless of the situation.
Give them what they say they want. If you don't want a kid just avoid the sex. If enough women did this long enough it would change their attitudes of not just because probably over half the births weren't really planned and a 40-50 percent decrease in births would set the alarm bells off.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Isn't Milano being a sexist when she thinks that a woman's only value is what is between her legs?

By boycotting sex to push an agenda, she is basically saying that;

1. Men only think of women as a sex object and will change their stance because vagina . . .

and

2. Women don't have a voice, women don't have a mind, all they have is vagina.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join