It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
UK, Europe and Russia will hopefully have a rover with working instruments on Mars. It is named after a woman, Rosalind Franklin. Rosalind Franklin will be looking for life on the red planet.

This will be the first time since the Viking landers that a spacecraft has been put on Mars that can detect current life on the planet. Since they have never had a rover on Mars they need to learn how to drive Rosalind Franklin.

The robot is a joint project of the European and Russian space agencies. It will roam an ancient terrain, looking for evidence of past – perhaps even present – life.

Key to this search will be a drill that will pull up rocky samples from up to 2m below the surface. It's underground – away from radiation - that we think life might have a chance on Mars.

Those samples will be delivered to a sophisticated suite of instruments that live inside a sterile box known as the Analytical Laboratory Drawer.

How do you learn to drive on Mars?

NASA has it's own rover that will hopefully make it to Mars intact. It will be able to look for signatures of past life on Mars. Lori Glaze, is in charge of NASA's Planetary Science Division.

"I am proud to say that for the 1st time in #NASA's history, women are in charge of 3 out of 4 #NASAScience divisions. They are inspiring the next generation of women to become leaders in space exploration as we move forward to put the 1st woman on the Moon," NASA's associate administrator Thomas Zurbuchen tweeted Friday.

Women are now in charge of NASA's science missions

edit on 11-5-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well that is that we will never reach mars in my lifetime .
We all know how long it takes women to pack for a trip and this is no week at the Y lol
Besides star trek finely gets a woman captain and first thing she does is get lost lol .

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You forget, women are from mars.

Now off we go to venus.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

I thought it was men are from Mars.

Women are from Venus.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I'm from Earth..

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I don't care if it's men or women in charge of mission I just wish they'd stop banging on about women this , that and the other, as long as they're qualified for the job whatever , just stop with the virtue signaling.

The arrival on Mars of any rover that's going to do something the others haven't is to be welcomed , I wish them luck for 2020 and await positive results in 2021.

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The 2020 Mars rover will also look for signs of life

posted on May, 12 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

From what I have read the mission will only look for signatures of past life.

new topics

top topics

join