It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

None of this will end well

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I could've plagiarized this because no one reads CNN opinion articles around here, neither do I and I swear. I'm not a liberal in the closet, I'm really not a liberal. It had a spot as the main story with the biggest picture, probably on a timer.

I'm an independent moderate that wanted Trump to win in 2016 after Sanders was out. How do you go from Sanders to Trump? I really didn't like Hillary and wanted change because it was exciting and interesting okay, I didn't have a lot of money, a business and raised taxes would affect me little. Come on guys I want to fit in. 😹

None of this will end well

Consider:
-The House Judiciary Committee voted this week to hold Attorney General Bill Barr in contempt for his refusal to turn over the full, unredacted Mueller report.
-House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal (D-Mass.) on Friday issued subpoenas in order to get President Donald Trump's past tax returns.
-The White House barred former counsel Don McGahn from complying with a subpoena to testify on Capitol Hill.
-Trump invoked executive privilege over the entire Mueller report
-The Senate Intelligence Committee subpoenaed Donald Trump Jr.

Everywhere you looked, there was a battle between the White House and Democrats (and even Republicans) in Congress.
Trump and his White House have made the calculation that total resistance to Democratic requests for oversight is their best hope of slow-walking any investigations and shoring up the President's political base in advance of 2020.

Congressional Democrats, meanwhile, view Trump's resistance as an existential threat to the separation of powers and the co-equal status of the legislative branch. (Plus, fighting with Trump is just what their base wants, too.)
No one really knows how the various legal proceedings occasioned by this series of standoffs will end. And there's no guarantee that one side wins all the legal fights. We may face a split decision of sorts.

But here's what is certain: None of this is good or healthy for our body politic. No matter the result of this game of chicken, one side -- and maybe both sides! -- will feel hard done and, as a result, will paint the results as either biased or something short of definitive. Which, in turn, will further erode people's confidence in our system of government and the people they have elected to represent them.

The Point: This sort of showdown produces lots of losers and very few winners. None of what is happening right now in Washington will end well.
None of it.

www.cnn.com...

It's ugly but it's true. That's what I do, I peddle the truth for the sake of humanity.
edit on 5/10/2019 by r0xor because: 🦉

+4 more 
posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Of course when it looks like the tables might turn on them they start opining we just all back down and truce...lets work together now...you know...just kidding. Something tells me this one ain't getting dropped though. They went just a bit too far and now the power structure pulling strings in our corrupt government has been noticed by too many for what it is.
edit on 10-5-2019 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Let it all burn... nobody told them to push so far.

Dems, the time to play nice is over.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: efabian

As much as they are obviously a huge part of this corrupt monster we are seeing...i have no doubts that there are many politicians from the R side just as involved or at the least complicit out of fear, greed, or whatever personal reasons which none of benefits the people they serve. Just my take...

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

We will see.. at least I am hopeful that it is time for the old guard to come down.
The corruption has gone on enough.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Of course when it looks like the tables might turn on them they start opining we just all back down and true...lets work together now...you know...just kidding. Something tells me this one ain't getting dropped though. They went just a bit too far and now the power structure pulling strings in our corrupt government has been noticed by too many for what it is.

Scary prospects indeed. I think, and no disrespect to them because I completely understand as it is heavier than ever before with new social media bells and whistles, people are so vastly into the play-by-play of their team that it might seem surreal or be overlooked by many nonetheless.

This is a very serious situation and the fabric of the traditional functionality of our Government is under pressure, due for big change that will affect the future for decades, perhaps a century.

But so and so is going to fight whatever in court, say something during the hearing, use this power or that, subpoena whomever! The other side is going to lose in 2020.
edit on 5/11/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I've been around long enough to have seen a lot of how government works. I feel the American people are being played by DC. I think this is all some big think tank ploy to take away our human rights, our freedoms are in jeopardy. I actually think it goes higher than political orientation, the same group of individuals have some control both sides in politics. And that group does not include all of us working people in this country. Trump is not trying to play the game but is sucked into it even though he does not agree with the script.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Which, in turn, will further erode people's confidence in our system of government and the people they have elected to represent them. 

Your mouth to God's ear.

Our system of government has some problems; the OP has listed a few, why shouldn't people's confidence be eroded
edit on 10-5-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Not to be a smart @55, but there's nothing said there that anybody with a couple of brain cells didn't know. Not belittling the piece, nor your sharing it; it needs to be said loudly and often. But the writing has been writ large for a long time.

Honestly, I think we're past the point of no return. I fear that it's over and the machine is running on fumes. The problem is more than political; it's moral, it's spiritual. The cancer has metastasized in the body politic and barring a miracle, the prognosis is terminal.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic. Or maybe realistic. Not sure anymore.
edit on 2019 5 11 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Which, in turn, will further erode people's confidence in our system of government and the people they have elected to represent them. 

Your mouth to God's ear.

Our system of government has some problems; the OP has listed a few, why shouldn't people's confidence be eroded

Confidence?

Somebody said confidence?

What confidence?

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Sure...the whole system could collapse and be a horrible catastrophe for the American people...or you keep bending over taking it harder and longer each time until it's constant and then you die.

I know what life I'd rather live...one free of bending over and taking it so a select few can enjoy the finer things and lord their power...how bout you?

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Not to be a smart @55, but there's nothing said there that anybody with a couple of brain cells didn't know. Not belittling the piece, nor your sharing it; it needs to be said loudly and often. But the writing has been writ large for a long time.

Honestly, I think we're past the point of no return. I fear that it's over and the machine is running on fumes. The problem is more than political; it's moral, it's spiritual. The cancer has metastasized in the body politic and barring a miracle, the prognosis is terminal.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic. Or maybe realistic. Not sure anymore.

I think you might be overrating the average anybody. Anybody with a couple of brain cells on this forum sure, but that's also a stretch. At the least it's a sobering reminder that the wheels are failing and need to be greased. Let's hope that they don't get replaced and that none warp or break in the meantime.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
All I know is the ones causing all the problems and conflicts are the higher "educated" with their law degrees and economic degrees and nut case philosophies and useless Bachelors Degrees that don't impress the average bonehead. 🤣

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Those politicians you see on TV that are paid big money to spread divisive rhetoric? They have no control over anything. They are following their script to divide us. It's working pretty well isn't it?

The only people who have benefited are the elites and warmongers. Trillion dollar corporate tax cuts and a hundred billion in weapons sold to Saudi Arabia (terrorists), does that ring any bells for you?

The noose is continuing to be tightened around our necks while the elites continue living in luxury. Sounds like par for the course, as always. We fight each other while they laugh all the way to the bank.
edit on 5/11/2019 by IndependentThought because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   

The whole thing is just a bait & tackle store (and they sell live minnows too) ❇☄

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Sure...the whole system could collapse and be a horrible catastrophe for the American people...or you keep bending over taking it harder and longer each time until it's constant and then you die.

I know what life I'd rather live...one free of bending over and taking it so a select few can enjoy the finer things and lord their power...how bout you?

The same as you but I have a premonition that we would get raped in a rather unsightly manner right before liberation from being slaves.

A collapse isn't going to happen but everything that is happening and will hereafter with this mess is going to bring about lasting changes to the dynamic of power.
edit on 5/11/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Oh yeah CNN?

Alea iacta est!

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Do the democrats ever stop to think that they are framing the entire future of their party in defiance to an anomalous outlier that the opposition party doesn't even like?

Seriously, no one in the entire party is saying, "hey guys, I think this might be a mistake."

Trump was supposed to be the death knell of the republican party. All the democrats had to do was not lose their heads, remain calm, composed and rational and reap the rewards. Instead they allowed one man, who they despise, to turn their entire party into a funhouse mirror version of himself.

It is basically the old lesson of don't feed the internet troll. And they failed miserably.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth

That's the impression the mainstream narrative is giving off.

We're so wrapped up in the drama that they serve to us on a silver platter that we fail to take a step back and look at the bigger picture that THEY are painting for us. THEY are in the driver's seat and they have us along for the ride.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

It's never past the point of no return but

New things
-Politicians using twitter
-National emergency to build wall because congress didn't vote for it
-Manafort, Cohen, Stone
-Contempt on Barr
-Ongoing unredacted Mueller report and tax return fights

The outcomes of those in addition to the wall will have major effects on checks and balances in the future

top topics

<<   2 >>

join