It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: U.S. Denies Canada Defense Minister on No-Fly List

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The U.S. embassy in Canada is denying reports that Canadian Defense Minister Bill Graham had trouble getting on a plane because he is on the "no fly list". In an article published in "The Globe and Mail" it noted that Graham had to wait to board a plane as his staff scrambled to vouch for his identity. When asked if Graham was on the list, an embassy spokesman said "We don't talk about watch lists. We don't talk about individual cases"

story.news.yahoo.com
OTTAWA (Reuters) - The U.S. embassy in Canada denied a newspaper story Wednesday that said Canadian Defense Minister Bill Graham had trouble boarding a plane because his name was on a U.S. no-fly list designed to deter terrorists.

The Globe and Mail article said Graham had to wait while his staff found ways to vouch for his identity and ensure he made it on to the scheduled flight to the United States in January.

"The implication in (the Globe article) that Minister Bill Graham's recent difficulty in obtaining a boarding pass was due to U.S. security procedures is incorrect," said an embassy spokeswoman.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I doubt that this was intentional if he was on the list as nothing good can come from the incident for the U.S. Recall if you will Teddy Kennedy was also placed on the list at one point by mistake. If it indeed was an accident then it should be buried as such. This is the price of heightened security at our airports and I do not shed a tear if some of the elite like Kennedy are forced to deal with what the regular passenger deals with all the time.

[edit on 3/2/05 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Better safe than sorry IMO. I have absolutely NO problem waiting in lines for safety's sake. I'm a very patient man.

join