It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did Bush pronounce Ex-Pres Mandela DEAD in 2007?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Was he reading 'English Alive' - a book published in South Africa which said Mandela died way back in July of 1991? Surely Bush knew that couldn't be right, as Mandela was pres from 94-99. So what was he thinking? (If at all)

I've heard various arguments that he was speaking figuratively, but even saying Saddam killed all the Mandela's doesn't make sense cause Saddam didn't kill any presidents.

Trying to put it into context by imagining Putin saying in a speech that Obama is dead. Or Obama saying in a speech that Putin's dead. It just doesn't make any sense. Not that Bush even as Pres made much sense, but still.. how did he get away with declaring Mandela dead some 5 years prior to Mandela's actually passing?

That and the fake sign language guy who stood near Obama at Mandela's funeral or memorial signing something different, seems quite occult. What is the hidden meaning to this disrespect to the former president of South Africa?

And placing a rabbit in Mandela's ear, what is that about? Even CNN just silently flaunts it on its YT platform for the world to wonder, without a word:

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Artesia

Bush was quite obviously suffering from the Mandela Effect.

I thought it was obvious.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I second “The Mandela Effect” theory.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

how did he get away with declaring Mandela dead some 5 years prior to Mandela's actually passing?
He didn't.
Here's an article that came out at the time.
www.reuters.com...

He was sort of known for that sort of thing.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 5/9/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

He is merely confusing words.
Mandela — Mandaeans.

Mandaeans
In the aftermath of the Iraq War of 2003, the indigenous Mandaic community of Iraq, which used to number 60,000–70,000 persons, collapsed; most of the community relocated to nearby Iran, Syria and Jordan, or formed diaspora communities beyond the Middle East. The other indigenous community of Iranian Mandaeans has also been dwindling as a result of religious persecution over that decade.

Pre-Iraq War, The Iraqi Mandaean community was centered in Baghdad. The Mandeans originate, however, from southern Iraq in cities like Nasiriyah. Many also live across the border in Southwestern Iran in the cities of Ahvaz and Khorramshahr.[23] Mandaean emigration from Iraq began during Saddam Hussein's rule, but accelerated greatly after the American-led invasion and subsequent occupation.[24] Since the invasion Mandaeans, like other Iraqi ethno-religious minorities (such as Assyrians, Armenians, Yazidi, Roma and Shabaks), have been subjected to violence, including murders, kidnappings, rapes, evictions, and forced conversions.[24][25] Mandaeans, like many other Iraqis, have also been targeted for kidnapping since many worked as goldsmiths.[24] Mandaeism is pacifistic and forbids its adherents from carrying weapons.

They were concentrated in southern Iraq before 1990. Reed lands by the mouth of the two rivers. Bush 1 encouraged southern Iraqis to rise up against Hussein with a sort of promise of U.S. support. Hussein forces did big slaughter and wrecked the swamps.
edit on 9-5-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

He didn't Know they Missed............

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Okay. After reading the reuters article three times, I get what Bush was saying.

(Mandela) is a metaphor meaning "He who will come forward to establish an African National Congress in Iraq (ANCI)" but all those type of people who could have established ANCI were killed. By Hussein, Bush claimed.

I guess the exiles Ayad Allawi and Ahmed Chalabi weren't African enough to pull it off.

Holy 1996 INA plot code name DBACHILLES!

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Reuters selectively quoted.
My point was that Bush did not "get away with it."

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Well I understood every word, the sign language dude didn't say.
He was signing in the ancient style of the Oingo Boingo Tribe.......he said.

"When dear leader dies, we will kill all the White Farmers, have a bon fire and bbq, eat till we full, and not care for tomorrow. He also said Mandella is in the heavens now, Circling Uranus.
Then he say...have a nice day, Metal Rocks."

As far as Mandella statue.........There is an old XQZUKKUQI saying.....

"He who has Rabbit in Ear, is No Bunny!!"

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
the context excuse is desperate damage control.

yea, its bush, but he's standing there proclaiming to America that a retired living, breathing Civil Rights icon is DEAD.

his tone is condescending and suggests Mandela's been dead such a long time that there arent any more.

now way is the context excuse really contextual as u cant use a living man as an example that his legacy is long expired.

new topics

top topics

join