It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal student arrested for punching pro-lifer on UNC campus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

A liberal college student was arrested for assaulting a representative of the pro-life group Created Equal after she attacked him at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill - and it was all caught on camera.

Jillian Ward, 19, a pro-choice feminist and aspiring journalist, said she was triggered by graphic photographs depicting aborted children put up by Created Equal. The group uses the images to show "the gruesome reality of abortion and to engage students in conversation about this human injustice."

Ward approached the group's display on April 2, asking them, "Did y’all put these up?”

When Austin Beigel confirmed that he did, she raced toward him with fists flying. Beigel was allegedly punched in the face a number of times and was also hit in the stomach.

I am struck by a couple of things...

First is the obvious, that this is just another recent example of people from the Left acting out in a violent manner when exposed to an alternate viewpoint.

Second, it is a little shocking (am I just old school?) to see a slight young girl just launch herself at a male and start punching. Did she honestly think she was going to knock him out, or overpower him...or was she just relying on him having an upbringing whereby he wouldn't hit a girl back?

Liberal Freak Out
edit on 9-5-2019 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Here is a youtube posted by the Created Equal group that goes around setting up graphical displays.

Okay, you got the video already.
edit on 9-5-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Yes, thanks. It is posted in the OP...not sure what happened. When I was trying to edit the original text, the system posted it before I was finished.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Pretty vicious attack.

Insanity comes immediately to mind.

+4 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
If people are willing to accept responsibility for the action of killing and dismembering babies...shouldn't they also be prepared to accept responsibility for the photographic results of their actions?

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

People using propaganda techniques to elicit emotion get some emotional responses. They should expect that.

Here are the takeaways:

Pro-life means different things to people, hence, the need to use the phrase “anti-abortion” when describing ourselves and our position.

Use of graphic depictions of abortion and interviews with abortionists move the needle with pro-choice advocates.

Decisions about abortion are not mostly based on logic but emotion. We won’t win on abortion by only presenting the most logical arguments. Appealing to the head isn’t enough.

Compare: Pro-life - anti-war demonstrators displaying graphical images of dead soldiers, burning firebombed cities, and dead or wailing wounded babies. Kind of the same thing.

edit on 9-5-2019 by pthena because: formatting

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
If people are willing to accept responsibility for the action of killing and dismembering babies...shouldn't they also be prepared to accept responsibility for the photographic results of their actions?

Unlikely, given they won't accept that anything bad happens to anybody during an abortion procedure.

"When a woman gets pregnant, that is not a human being inside of her"

Skip to about 6:25 of the following video...

The consequence of this kind of thinking is, among other things, assaults on people who disagree with this view, ever-later-term abortions - and even now a crosssection of the population who believe in post-term abortions.

+3 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Remember when children were spanked, and things like this seldom happened? There were outliers but overall it was uncommon for assults or school shootings or shootings in general happened, then we were told that was child "abuse".

When America held a code of ethics. Even if it was laughable, we still had something to aspire to.

now it's "B.A.M.N."

Now, guns are bad and people are incapable of owning them for some reason; Hmmmm

Now a fetus is not a human, show me ANY human that was not a fetus, please!!!

I grew up not knowing how bigotted I was, and how my white privilege helped me in the USMC
how happy I am now after being told that for the last 10 years; I didn't acomplish anything in my life, my skin pigment did.

My father became rich, not because he saved 50 cents of every dollar he made, heck no, it was his skin pigment, ( and he was blind in one eye) it was not because he only missed 4 days out of the 56 years of 12 hour days, Nope it was white privlige.

what do I know, I'm just old. Folks wonder where MAGA came from.
edit on 9-5-2019 by thedigirati because: I can

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I see the point you're attempting to make...But if someone goes out and kills a bunch of people...do they have good reason to attack the Press for showing photos of the aftermath of their carnage?

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I was comparing anti-war demonstrators getting beat up and worse before the start of war, during times when majority of politicians and media are singing a jingoistic song in chorus.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Ummm...I love how she repeatedly calls him a terrible person...as she's assaulting him...

Must be she was guilt tripping over having an abortion or two...or three...or...

Yessir...don't show the actual results of this...ahem...procedure...

God forbid it trigger the triggerable...

YouSir

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I see your point.

Ironic, the anti-war protesters were calling US soldiers "Baby Killers".

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Irrational.
Fascist.
Totalitarian.
Authoritarian.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

A violent leftist got what she deserved. If only this got out a little more some people still don't believe in actual evidence.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Heheueh the moral left.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'm just dumbfounded how people cannot keep control of themselves now days. Absolutely no self control.

I work on a college campus. I tend to lean right on a lot of topics (though, I'm pro choice) and there are groups on campus that have displays, flyers, bullhorns, etc pushing their point of views daily. There is a lot of it I may tend to disagree with. You know what I do? Keep walking. If it really bothers me or peaks my interest, I may stop and take in the information and try to have a conversation about it.

Fact is, whether I agree or disagree, I'm happy an individual or group of individuals have the right to speak out about what they're passionate about. I also have the right to disagree and keep it moving. Minds will never be changed using violence.

Since adopting this attitude, my world view and opinions have changed drastically over the years. I wish people on both sides of the aisle would act accordingly.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Pretty vicious attack.

Insanity comes immediately to mind.

and we here are sure that this wasn't a set-up?????.....

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
What's the problem?

She is charged with assault. There is video evidence so I doubt she will get away with it in court. One person freaked out broke the law and will be held accountable.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Saw this earlier today..
I love how she goes, "THIS IS TRIGGERING!"
It's like, lady... You just punched somebody..

Unreal.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

If this is the same incident I just heard about, the perpetrator wasn't actually taken into custody, only given a written citation which was described to be "the equivalent of an arrest" because the attack was only a misdemeanor.

Disgusting behavior regardless

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join