It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STEM School students walk out of "vigil"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Exactly, that's why it's fine to charge those few who aren't.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Americans look at guns like Europeans look at royalty. Americans don't get the whole "kings and Queens" thing, just as they don't get that a 45ACP is not the same as a 5.56.

Guns are the royalty of America, when the rest of the world gives up kings and queens then, MAYBE the USA will give up guns, but not before then..

(offended brits in 4, 3, 2,.......)

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
7 pages and we still haven't figured out what this post was really about.

Let me clear that up:

I think the message here is pretty loud and very clear. The anti-gun agenda is falling on the deaf ears of our youth, not because they love guns, but because they love each other enough to go after the root cause. They want the real problem addressed and we adults are ignoring them while they die.

While these students may have voiced their displeasure of gun control, they very clearly just wanted to mourn their friends. Nothing clears that up more than this quote:

“What has happened at STEM is awful, but it’s not a statistic,” one student told the crowd. “We can’t be used [as] a reason for gun control, we are people, not a statement.

Let's keep some perspective here. It's not a gun debate, it's a mental health debate that is being ignored and in some cases, criminally so (Stoneman Douglas comes to mind). That is exemplified by the video I posted where these kids were chanting "mental health!"

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

States won’t deal with mental health and private business won’t deal with mental health because it’s a model that does not make money.

It’s a financial black hole that is left to the families and society to deal with.

Like it or hate it, that is the ugly truth .

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's absolutely the truth.

But the alternative is taking away rights.

If we don't deal with this we will lose our rights in the muck and never get them back. In the meantime, kids and other will continue to die at the hands of psychos who fall through the cracks.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Well, that’s another reason why states won’t do anything. They want to push it to a crisis point so they can come in and remove rights.

It’s all very frustrating. I’m on a state committee that deals with this and they just refuse to release existing resources because they won’t get anything for it and they don’t want the liability.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes, it is.

So, rather than deal with the real issue, they, they being the State and its sycophants, would rather curtail the rights of everyone.

We're surprised? If so, why...?

Those kids had it absolutely correct. They're on the right side of the issue.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

I am sorry that I did not put "right" in scare quotes.

If you know me, you know I'm firmly on the side of these kids, and while I support the right of the Parkland Hogg and St. What's-Her-Bucket to say what they will, I'm sad they made their friends' deaths into a political platform. They probably believe they are doing something good for their dead classmates in their name and memory ... I guess.

This was their vigil and their time to mourn. They should have been the ones in charge, not grandstanding politicos or gun control advocates, and they were perfectly right to walk out on it if that's what they didn't want. The fact that they were denied the chance to speak to begin with prior to their exit shows they were supposed to be a captive audience to lend the air of credibility and support to the event rather than it being at all for their benefit.

It was sort of like inviting Dana Loesch to the Townhall event after Parkland and it being all a setup to ambush her rather than allow her to say a thing.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

If someone has bad intentions there are worse weapons than firearms that can kill a lot of people. Banning firearms, or puting more restrictions, won't stop criminals and bad people from murdering. It would have been much worse if this lunatic had closed and locked all doors in the school and set the whole place on fire.

As I wrote earlier, why is it that not that long in the past we didn't see these mass shootings in schools when there used to be more people with more firearms?

Part of the problem imo is that human life has been devalued by the left. Yes, the left. Our youth have been raised to believe that one human life is nothing when it comes to "saving the Earth." Our youth have also been led to believe that "human life can be devalued under certain circumstances." Such as it is okay to murder the unborn for any reason, and now even newborns have been added by the left as "being okay to murder the newborn whom survived abortion if the mother and physician say it's okay to let them die."

Of course I am not saying that there are no crazies who lean to the right in politics that are capable of horrendous acts. But the left has once more been at the forefront on devaluing human lives. Just like the lives of some humans were devalued because "it was believed that those people were property of slave owners.

We have even in this forum several threads and posts, by left-wingers mostly, in which they argue that "humans are like a virus," "overpopulation is a problem and we need to save the world with less people," etc.

These types of arguments help some truly demented people into thinking "it is okay to murder people because of (insert excuse)"

edit on 10-5-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Lol 2ndpost lol

Haha

😁

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
It wasn't really a vigil. It was billed as one to drag people in, and then it turned into a democrat/anti-gun political rally. The kids there rightly rejected that BS.

9 News Denver

Students who came to the event said they were frustrated to hear politicians speak, and the discussion turn to gun control.

The most powerful words spoken of this tone deaf incident were these:

“What has happened at STEM is awful, but it’s not a statistic,” one student told the crowd. “We can’t be used [as] a reason for gun control, we are people, not a statement.”

“This was not a vigil. This was purely a political stunt. This is not what we wanted for Kendrick,” said another student.

“We didn’t want Kendrick to be a prop. We wanted Kendrick to be mourned, we wanted all of you to join us in that mourning, but that was not allowed here.”

I think the message here is pretty loud and very clear. The anti-gun agenda is falling on the deaf ears of our youth, not because they love guns, but because they love each other enough to go after the root cause. They want the real problem addressed and we adults are ignoring them while they die.

Here are these students who walked out of that vigil chanting "mental health!".

Looks like the anti-gun political machine is breaking down.

Mental health is not the root cause of gun violence. These students who think they’re above politics and political agendas are absolutely wrong in their conclusion that mental health is the reason behind their cause. It is not!

The real reason is the complete destruction of the family unit. Destruction caused mostly by the left and left wing agendas. Caring, empathy, compassion, understanding, and reasoning are no longer ideals to drive for. If it’s offensive to someone, you’re wrong and should abandon everything you are...

Really?!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join