It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STEM School students walk out of "vigil"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It wasn't really a vigil. It was billed as one to drag people in, and then it turned into a democrat/anti-gun political rally. The kids there rightly rejected that BS.

9 News Denver

Students who came to the event said they were frustrated to hear politicians speak, and the discussion turn to gun control.

The most powerful words spoken of this tone deaf incident were these:

“What has happened at STEM is awful, but it’s not a statistic,” one student told the crowd. “We can’t be used [as] a reason for gun control, we are people, not a statement.”

“This was not a vigil. This was purely a political stunt. This is not what we wanted for Kendrick,” said another student.

“We didn’t want Kendrick to be a prop. We wanted Kendrick to be mourned, we wanted all of you to join us in that mourning, but that was not allowed here.”

I think the message here is pretty loud and very clear. The anti-gun agenda is falling on the deaf ears of our youth, not because they love guns, but because they love each other enough to go after the root cause. They want the real problem addressed and we adults are ignoring them while they die.

Here are these students who walked out of that vigil chanting "mental health!".

Looks like the anti-gun political machine is breaking down.

edit on 9 5 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
After Florida weren't we told that kids of this age are not mature enough to have an opinion on this topic?

By the way, aren't you politicizing their actions with this post?

+65 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Your strawmen are poorly built, yet entirely expected.

+15 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

This gives me hope for the future!

Not all of the youth of today are being brainwashed and are showing that they can think for themselves.

+17 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

One of these days kids will get tired of being political pawns for someone else's agenda.

Have you ever noticed with all the rally's and whatnot in our colleges that you never see any at trade schools?

+2 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This is encouraging. Thank you for sharing.

+10 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
No Hoggs in the limelight here.

Sad, but entirely predictable that this script was played again. Of course, these are STEM kids. They want to have a future.
edit on 9-5-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JFA13

Free to think, breath and kill, live the American dream

as for those 'brainwashed librals' pah its not like there views matter

Cameron Kasky: I thought I could make gun control happen

Parkland anniversary: Students around the world on US school shootings and their own fears

'Hope I don’t get shot today at school’

This girl was fighting to improve the chaos and gun violence, now she is dead, but you still have the right to be armed, silly liberal, am right?

Sandra Parks: Anti-gun student, 13, killed by stray bullet

Chicago hospital shooting: 'Hug your children' says victim's father

Luckily for gun owners the views of people murdered by guns dont count

#ThisIsOurLane: Doctors hit back at pro-gun group NRA pah dumb doctors, NRA NRA NRA!!

In short I think guns and humans dont mix, I find the contempt to firearm opponents quite odd,I dont point a deadly weapon at people when discussing freedom, but hey its your birthright to shoot at each other.

+6 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Very encouraging! I have taught my kids how to shoot, gun safety, and respect of guns. We also talk about mental health and stability of others. Be cautious, kind, and aware all the time around unstable people.
It’s sad but they need to know how to run and hide, but also shoot.

+10 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

These kids will get one tiny spot on the local news. The Parkland kids got covers on TIME. Whose views do you think the world thought mattered more?

+2 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The people who organized this event are despicable. This was nothing short of an attempt to take advantage of a student's death to push a political agenda and the parents and students weren't having it.

+5 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
FOX reported the students were chanting "Mental Illness" in protest of the anti-gun propaganda, as they left the faux "vigil".

+1 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Great, now do automobile deaths. #bancars right? If it saves one life... Unless this is all about banning guns and not saving lives.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

how would you like me to measure the world views accuratly? not sure I can, and when you say world do you mean other nations that dont have access to firearms, if so I guess they made there choice like America made its choice, these countries now live with those choices.

Myself I think guns and civilised society are a bad mix, my own country has both allowed me and made it illegal to own a firearm during my lifetime, at no point have I ever owned a gun and never missed not owning one, freedom to me does not require armed support.

+2 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
FOX reported the students were chanting "Mental Illness" in protest of the anti-gun propaganda, as they left the faux "vigil".

They're right.

Like it or not, a gun is only as dangerous as the person wielding it. If that person is mentally ill, it's potentially a very dangerous gun.

But we live in a world where nothing is ever our personal fault. We don't have problems; our things do. Until we understand that we as people can be very, very flawed, and we create a world where we can get help for those flaws, we're just going to see more of this. I don't care how badly it damages your self-esteem to be told you have a problem, sometimes, you need to be told that, you need to accept it, and you need to accept the help from others to fix it.

We also need to get that pills don't cure it. At best, they give you breathing space to do the hard work.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
After Florida weren't we told that kids of this age are not mature enough to have an opinion on this topic?

It was stated that they were not old enough for their opinions to overturn the second amendment. Anyone can have an opinion and state it openly, but we should not let children’s fears guide the path for government legislation. Especially if that legislation would leave everyone vulnerable.
edit on 9-5-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Again with your flawed assumption that a civilized person shoots up society.

Given the rate of private firearms ownership in the US, if we were all uncivilized, none of us would be left alive. This is a perfectly civilized country. The problems result when uncivilized individuals get their hands on tools that can be used for destruction.

Btw, has your country banned access to large trucks yet? They've been marvelously effective in the hands of the uncivilized lately, even in countries without guns. What about knives and acidic liquids? Those things don't seem to mix too well with properly civilized folk either.

Do you drink tea with your pinky properly raised?

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

what is a car designed for?

what is a gun designed for?

if both are the same ban them both

People will always kill, murder and commit crime with or without firearms, crime did not start with the invention of a gun

So not sure how we jumped into automobiles, I mean a fridge could topple on me at home, are you gonna suggest somehow I alluded to banning fridges also.

+2 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So you're against the democrat push to allow the voting age to be lowered to 16?

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I dont drink tea

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join