It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The left is becoming dangerously desperate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The realization that Trump will be re-elected in 2020 is dawning upon the Democrats because it's clear they are lacking in strong candidates. It seems the most popular choice they have to offer is Biden and he has about as much energy as a tortoise. And now that the whole Russian witch hunt is falling apart I'm willing to bet a substantial number of people who were against Trump are now reconsidering their position. Even worse, should Trump be re-elected, they'll have a very hard time arguing he didn't win on his own merit.

For some I imagine this is practically a nightmare scenario and it's for that reason we should be concerned about what actions they will take and are already taking. We are seeing quite a heavy handed approach to social media censorship starting to happen now. It has been happening for quite a while but it's now so blatant I feel those who still try to deny it only look like a fool or they simply exist inside their own political bubble and fail to see how it is affecting countless people, many are perfectly reasonable people just trying to have a rational debate.

According to the logic of the left, social media is the single greatest factor driving how people vote and people are complete idiots who need to have information filtered before it is delivered to them, less we risk exposure to the dreaded "fake news". It's getting to the point we need to be truly concerned because this is verging into Orwellian territory yet people have been convinced it's for the greater good. YouTube just lost something like 70 billion due to poor revenue growth caused by their new algorithms, but some how they only continue to get worse.

For a company to place other motives above the bottom line is a truly miraculous occurrence and demonstrates the level of desperation we're dealing with here. And it's not just minor nonsense like social media, we're now seeing banks and other payment networks ban people for their political leanings because they are being pressured by far-left groups. They claim to be about love and compassion, but their entire modus operandi revolves around belittlement and shaming people for having a difference of opinion, it really is a disgusting level of intolerance.
edit on 9/5/2019 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
the loudest voice I have heard screaming 'fake news' is Mr Trump, he coined the phrase perhaps some blame for this 'heavy handed approach to social media censorship' could be put at his doorstep?

I cant vote in the US elections I just see what is posted on ATS and your point of 'their entire modus operandi revolves around bittlement and shaming people for having a difference of opinion, it really is a disgusting level of intolerance' could quite easily be correct for any post from either side for instance

Dont believe any of them whatever their political bias is, they have nothing in common with us and they all will flout the rules to the benefit of themselves, if people wish to blindly follow a leader so be it, but dont complain when said leader turns round and says "who are you"

+11 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
One more quick rant. As a programmer for nearly a decade now, I look upon silicon valley culture with disdain. I remember a time when freedom of ideas and information were the core principles among technologists, now it seems we aspire to be spineless cowards who are afraid of words being spoken. As a reminder I'm not religious nor do I consider myself conservative, I've always been a futurist and open to progressive concepts, yet here I am defending the rights of those people to express their opinions freely because I'm not a control freak and understand that growth can only be achieved through having your ideas challenged. Anyone who is a part of this effort to suppress the rights and freedoms of other human beings should not consider themselves a technologist, futurist, or any other such term, because you're contributing nothing useful to society.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

the loudest voice I have heard screaming 'fake news' is Mr Trump, he coined the phrase perhaps some blame for this 'heavy handed approach to social media censorship' could be put at his doorstep?

If they thought fake news was the same thing Trump thinks it is they'd be censoring CNN, yet my YouTube page always seems full of videos from MSM outlets like CNN, the only videos I get from actual YouTubers are because I'm subscribed to those people. But yes the censorship was fundamentally caused by the election of Trump, in a timeline where he wasn't elected this SJW nonsense probably wouldn't have even begun in the first place. But I still think the trade-off was worth it, the wisdom gained by society at large with respect to how they are being socially engineered will benefit our species at some point in the future, if it isn't already.

+12 more 
posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Trump did in fact coin the phrase fact news....for a reason.

They selectively edit his sound bites to make him sound racist, bigoted, sexist, etc. They blatantly spread lies and quote anonymous sources with scoops that turn out to be false, or fabricated. It is sad actually. They are trying to sway opinion with false facts.

So no, the social media censoring is not at the foot of Trump, it is at the feet of those who truly hate Trump, and will try to oust him by any means necessary.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Nah, podesta first used it about his hacked emails. But since Trump uses it legitimately as the MSM have been caught time and time again lying and being disingenuous, well... here you are.

Dec. 16, 2016

Q: The problems that it brought for the campaign are pretty clear because of the fact that it kept on coming up. But these were your emails. Did this also take a personal toll on you?

A: I tried to deal with it as a professional, and that's all I can say. I suspect no one would like to be put in the circumstances I was put in. And certainly I felt badly for what became kind of collateral damage, not just of private emails that people thought would obviously never become public, but then the conspiracy theories, the fake news, what ended up culminating in somebody getting in a car and coming to a pizzeria in Washington with a loaded weapon and shooting his weapon and being arrested.

apps.frontline.org...
edit on 9-5-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

I cant vote in the US elections I just see what is posted on ATS and your point of 'their entire modus operandi revolves around bittlement and shaming people for having a difference of opinion, it really is a disgusting level of intolerance' could quite easily be correct for any post from either side for instance

Dont believe any of them whatever their political bias is, they have nothing in common with us and they all will flout the rules to the benefit of themselves, if people wish to blindly follow a leader so be it, but dont complain when said leader turns round and says "who are you"

It was CNN and the Democrats that first start the "fake news" claims to counter any negative reports on Hillary Clinton and write them off as Russian propaganda.

Trump is just better at marketing.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

It was CNN and the Democrats that first start the "fake news" claims to counter any negative reports on Hillary Clinton and write them off as Russian propaganda.

Trump is just better at marketing.

Actually, "false fables and tales" goes back to the time of Henry VIII when claims were made against him. Try reading Fayke News - the media versus the mighty from Henry VIII to Donald Trump...

www.amazon.co.uk...

Very good read.

Trumps followers are just more gullible to believe nonsense such as basements in pizza parlours being used for the trafficking of child sex slaves by Podesta and Clinton (and YES to all those who will now deny ATS was awash at the time with people who believed such a pile of stinking BS because they oh so wanted it to be true). He didn't need to be good at marketing, he just needed followers who liked the taste of BS enough.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The worst thing about this fake Russian Witch hunt is that someday a real collusion will occur and people will be calling it a hoax. We must not use this to ignore other possibilities that are based on reality.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Fake news as Trump calls it and got elected on, has been around longer than myself and anyone here, it just used to be called propaganda, if you cant see it when its under your nose, thats for you to live with

Go Trump

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

www.exopolitics.org...

I don't read nor follow the qanon post on ATS. Since 2014 I have been trying to find out why the world is headed to where its headed. I did most of my search using TOR browser and Duck Duck go to hopefully avoid all censorship. I read many global newspapers in their own language using Google Translate or other. I now believe that what you are seeing is the Rise of the 4th Reich. Do your own research especially into WWII and look at those allies and connections. Several books have been published on the 4th Reich. So today I just typed in Deep State + 4th Reich on Google and the q anon link popped up.

"Check"

edit on 9-5-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Someone has got to figure out a way to break it to the democrats that their war against the president is over and, they have lost!

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Someone has got to figure out a way to break it to the democrats that their war against the president is over and, they have lost!

Shame he wasn't exonerated then isn't it, but then obstruction of justice doesn't count for you if it's against Trump, does it? If it had been reported against Hilary Clinton I'm sure you would have been frothing at the mouth and preparing the noose. Again, fake news draws in the stupid.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

There wasn't a report of obstruction. So go peddle your bs to people who give a shot and have no brain.

Jaden

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It's a fools parade at this point. I for the most part have stopped listening to what they have to say. All they do is piss n moan about trivial crap and cry victim every chance they get. Although, I'm more disappointed in the citizens of this country for allowing themselves to be brainwashed by this BS and believing everything the left muppets tell them. I know it happens on the right also, but good gawd the Dem's have become nothing more than babbling idiots with a following of babbling idiots, plenty of them here on this site if you need any proof.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Actually, the Chinese were some of the first to use the phrase, and they used it to justify clamping down on journalistic freedoms and the internet. The assault on fake news will lead to this.

Li Dongdong, a deputy chief of the General Administration of Press and Publication, told officials that proposed strengthened regulations for Chinese journalists would include a “full database of people who engage in unhealthy professional conduct”, the China News Service reported.

“People entered into the transgressor list will be excluded from engaging in news reporting and editing work,” the report said, citing Li.

She said stricter controls being drafted by the agency were needed to “resolutely halt fake news”.

in.reuters.com...

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
in 2020 election....trump will start a war, so everyone will rally around him.....he can't afford to lose, he will face money laundering and bank fraud charges when he leaves office.....he's already planting the seed with Iran

if riots insue here, he will call for martial law....but that's what you right-wingers want, a right-wing dictator

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

According to the logic of the left, social media is the single greatest factor driving how people vote and people are complete idiots who need to have information filtered before it is delivered to them, less we risk exposure to the dreaded "fake news". It's getting to the point we need to be truly concerned because this is verging into Orwellian territory yet people have been convinced it's for the greater good.

This is an overlooked and understated point. They often do believe this, but not because it is a scientific fact, but because of projection, because they themselves are influenced by social media. They assume everyone else is as well. And they will ruin the internet based on this assumption.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
in 2020 election....trump will start a war, so everyone will rally around him.....he can't afford to lose, he will face money laundering and bank fraud charges when he leaves office.....he's already planting the seed with Iran

if riots insue here, he will call for martial law....but that's what you right-wingers want, a right-wing dictator

I think that's what you guys want— and not because it would be better for the country, but because it would justify the years of mass hysteria you all have engaged in.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

...And dangerously Stupid at the Same Time , but there is a CURE.............

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join