It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Ask WHAT TEMPERATURE IS PERFECT for the average on Earth?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

thats the dumbest question i think i've ever read on ATS, and I've seen some doozies.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

thats the dumbest question i think i've ever read on ATS, and I've seen some doozies.

And your response is the dumbest I've read on ATS and I've seen some doozies...

So again, what exactly is the optimal temperature? If climate change is an issue, then one must surmise that somebody somewhere has some idea as to what temperature the earth is supposed to be...

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You can still pick your fav temp.

I do want people to dream a bit about the perfect conditions for their taste. While we think seriously about what is really happening.

No more Marxist style of ignoring details like CNN does HRC's crimes.

Let us discuss the type of scientific traits that do and do not lead to something of an obvious power grab for the UN or whomever the Cabal really are.
edit on 9-5-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

The whole global warming argument is way too simplistic to begin with. There is no best global average temps. If the temps you up by 20 degrees Celsius at the poles, but stay relatively constant at the 47th that would be brilliant for the world.

This whole the global average had gone up by .5 degrees Celsius were in dire straits, it's a bunch of horse # and that's not even considering the likelihood of fudged numbers and little too no warming.

Jaden

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I want it to be 65 degrees. Nothing more and nothing less. Perfect fishing weather.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

98.6* Fahrenheit because clothes are overrated.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

68 Degrees .

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

No , Warm Water Fish will Never Bite for you then ........)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well, if you look at average temperatures in the past and correlate those to the greatest advances and civilizations in human culture over the last few thousand years the average temperature was usually a few degrees higher than it is now. So a temperature average of around 15.5C (60F). More water in the environment, better crop production with less blight, higher populations, etc.
edit on 9-5-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Now that is an idea.

I think at that temp we might have to avoid Sex to keep from overheating. Lets back that down a few degrees.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Well, if you look at average temperatures in the past and correlate those to the greatest advances and civilizations in human culture over the last few thousand years the average temperature was usually a few degrees higher than it is now. So a temperature average of around 15.5C (60F). More water in the environment, better crop production with less blight, higher populations, etc.

I like your approach to that answer!

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Phage hasn't checked in because he lost this round last night in another thread. Phage was asked to answer this or I was going to put it in the Mudpit so he could yell at me and still lose. Challenging all of it even with it being Nat Geo and NASA data references.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

That's too warm. If you're moving around at all and not bathing, the best temperature to be naked is right around 75 degrees Fahrenheit, depending on humidity, etc.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

If you're moving around at all and not bathing...

I have no intention of doing either.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Well, there you go. A temperature of 98.6 is perfect for a sensory deprivation chamber, though.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Well, there you go. A temperature of 98.6 is perfect for a sensory deprivation chamber, though.

And at that Temp we can eliminate Ice all over the Earth. Pregnancy's would go down and we would die out from not moving.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I know. But fishing is my form of meditation and relaxation. Catching a fish is a bonus. Being on the water and watching nature rocks !!

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Phage hasn't checked in because he lost this round last night in another thread. Phage was asked to answer this or I was going to put it in the Mudpit so he could yell at me and still lose. Challenging all of it even with it being Nat Geo and NASA data references.

So, this is a troll thread.

I'll answer your question with another. How long is a piece of string?

Magma: How deep is that magma? How long has it been rising? Is the ground really hot in New England?

Be advised of the statistical manipulation of using a very small range of predicted change in a very large range of probable outcomes.

Your source is using satellite temperature proxies for the average temperature from sea level to 21,000 feet. Satellites which do not dip thermometers into the atmosphere, they use complex models to derive temperatures from the microwave emissions of oxygen molecules. Surface observations actually measure the temperature. When compared to surface models it can be seen that Hansen's first model did overstate effects of CO2 but models have been refined since then.

www.realclimate.org...

Here is one that researches the data and concludes that real world Temps are cooler than the models:
That article lies.

Data gathered from 2003 through 2017 confirm temperatures remained essentially flat from 2003 through 2015

The AIRS data actually clearly shows an increase from 2003 to 2015. An increase which closely matches that shown by surface observations.

iopscience.iop.org...

This disputes CO2 heating the Earth quite well. Because CO2 and NO spike up thru our Atmosphere to Space and release energy.
Another lying bit of nonsense. The NASA article to which that refers is about the effects of CMEs (coronal mass ejections) on the thermosphere. It has nothing to do with CO2 in the lower atmosphere or climate.
science.nasa.gov...

Since this thread is in a science forum, let's stick to science.

edit on 5/9/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yea says the god of ATS....

Give us all a break an focus for once on the data and STATISTICS. You are damaging young minds with low range data.

Think of it like a Roulette wheel there are so many places the Ball can land and the Temperature is like the ball on the wheel. It has to stop sometimes at a spot then other times at another spot.
Only there are 200 on the degree F scale and smaller for C scale.

You spout lies from proven liars, I use data from within their circle of talent who disagree with them and you still act like you are Gods gift to ATS.

You are a charlatan TROLL at this point on Climate.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Your deliberate approach forgets that Sun, the one you pointed out that dumps gigawatts is #1 on why we are warm or cold.

You cant tell me a ideal Average Temp can you?

You probably think there is an ideal ice coverage the Earth is supposed to have ?

You ignore good data about magma AND CO2 to spew the UN unmitigated bull snip!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join