It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daddy?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
Ahh the cold war as well as the concerns about Iran in the 70's. All good reasons to blame the US and British for 210,000 killed between the Gulf War and the present.

And better yet the US aided Saddam Hussein into power there's a good excuse, of course some where there is a document stating Saddam Hussein was going to engage in mass murder once in power and everyone concerned saw this as reasonable.

Gee what other governments has the US or British aided since the end of W.W.II besides all of Europe, Africa and parts of Asia.

Lets just blame everything on the US so everyone else can feel better huh??

No, lets free "the west" of any blame because we were trying to help.

Gimme a break you arse, we helped these countries to help ourselves, notice no-one picks on me because i am 100% British and am pointing the finger partly at my own country.

Your going on the defensive without actually saying anything of any substance, you believe that because the US and the UK didn't ruin Iraq on purpose then its ok.

Gee, i wonder what Saddam was going to do with all those chemical weapons purchased from "the west"

Your logic is twisted, they played with people's lives, balanced national interests against innocent lives, anyone who thinks this is acceptable on the huge scale we have seen needs some history lessons.

The whole point is that "the west" should learn from it's mistakes, not ignore them as Toltec seems to suggest.

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
"Peace" note that I respond without insult this is because I take the high ground.

Not very peaceful are we.....

I thought he did not have any WMD "Peace"? (semantic sarcasm)

Its your logic that is twisted 210,000 people died which you protested against addressing the war in Chechnia goes on event today not one complaint huh?

It is apparent that you do not play with peoples lives death is perhaps your fun.

Couldn't care less if you were British "peace" if that does not seem clear at this point I assure you I will be more than happy to make that clearer as time passes.

The whole point is that the liberal front is responsible for not only those deaths but many more.

Live with it

A deal was made after W.W.II Israel was made a country and the Arabs got rich (ever heard of Ethel gas). Oil became the primary source of gasoline and Ethanol was put aside. The deal was made the Arabs lied and here we are, they are in deep crap.

"Peace" if you had any idea what you were talking about you would be interesting

Any thoughts?

[Edited on 3-8-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Originally posted by MakodFilu
Third, Frenchs can't invade Iraq to overthrown Saddam for the same reason USA didn't earlier: being a NATO member.

Incorrect. France isn't a full NATO member.
So what? It doesn't change anything. If USA was not to invade Iraq back in 1991 because ex-USSR retaliations, what makes you think France can do better?

I wonder if you remember the USA in Vietnam? Or the politic corruption, mafia puppeting and CIA bribings who indirectly led Castro to power?
Lovely, honest people.

That's not to say that I blame USA for anything, but to watch you (as usual) totally ignore logical facts gets kind of tiresome after a while.
It's bad enough that people could see any justification for going into Iraq. But it's even worse that they use that 'you are with us or against us' to say whitout falling to your knees ashamed that anyone who is not with you loves Saddam, to the point one even starts to think if Saddam crimes are real or are just CIA inventions. Believe me, I'm starting to have doubts.

Even if you're shown facs and figures. Even if the dead bodies and the raped women of Iraq were personally delievered to your front door - you would still refuse to believe that Saddam was a better leader than the tribal chieftains, all followers of the Sharia you are putting there.
Ignorance and hatred, my friend - you've got a job lot.

[Edited on 2003-8-10 by MakodFilu]

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
Makod, may I ask your country of origin (if not America). It only seems fair that someone with such hatred for America should not be ashamed to tell??
Spain. I hope you are not willing to go off-topic, would you?

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Thank you sooo much for that post. i have been trying to find a way to simplfy exlaining to certain idiots why we really went to Iraq. You have summed it up:

George Bush Hears Voices in His Head.

A Schitzophrenic Skull and Bonesman who lacks the ability to chew and digest pretzels beyond the level of vegetation is now at the helm, his finger on the button of the worlds largest Nuclear arsenal.

I hear voices in my head too. Does that mean i can be prez too?

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Third, Frenchs can't invade Iraq to overthrown Saddam for the same reason USA didn't earlier: being a NATO member.

So what? It doesn't change anything.

Well duh!!!
Then why make the bloody statement in the first place!!!
You used it to strengthen your crappy argument and then when you get proven wrong you say "So what".

Well hey!!! Makod is an idiot. Quick!!! Someone prove me wrong!!!

[Edited on 10-8-2003 by Leveller]

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   

So what? It doesn't change anything.

Well duh!!!
Then why make the bloody statement in the first place!!!
You used it to strengthen your crappy argument and then when you get proven wrong you say "So what".

Well hey!!! Makod is an idiot. Quick!!! Someone prove me wrong!!!
Easy, because Toltec used the same excuse to dismiss USA guiltiness.

Second, I'm not saying French are not NATO members, I'm saying French, being *full* or *in part* NATO members don't suppose any difference.

Third: talking of me being proven wrong is... wrong, to not say childish.

Fourht: childish is focusing in this only point, as it seems you didn't read my whole post (I'm not exactly quoting yours). But what I can expect, you didn't read the thread, so...

BTW, Leveller, it's certainly not me who appears now as an idiot. Can you collect your pride from the floor and go home to cry out loud the 'I'm a looser' tune?

[Edited on 2003-8-11 by MakodFilu]

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Excuse me Makod my issue was not that the French should have invaded Iraq. But rather the information gathered (in question) should have been used to
support the US against Iraq.

What has happened simply does not make sense and the French government is knee deep in the crap.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
Excuse me Makod my issue was not that the French should have invaded Iraq. But rather the information gathered (in question) should have been used to
support the US against Iraq.

What has happened simply does not make sense and the French government is knee deep in the crap.

Time has proven that it's USA what is knee deep on crap. Even worst, the war to achieve 'democracy' (originally intended to find WMDs still not found) has been proven failed:

news.yahoo.com.../nm/20040126/ts_nm/iraq_dc_209

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join