It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Schiff and Devin Nunes Jointly Subpoena the DOJ for Full Mueller Report and Evidence.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Wednesday, May 8, 2019

You read the title correctly! House Intelligence Committee Majority Leader ADAM SCHIFF (D-CA) and Minority Leader DEVIN NUNES (R-CA) are jointly demanding the non-redacted 468-page Mueller report, along with all underlying evidence gathered during his nearly 3-year investigation. That underlying evidence consists of wiretaps, testimonies, and thousands of documents, consisting of millions of pages.

Schiff and Nunes want EVERYTHING, but for different reasons:

The House Intelligence Committee subpoenaed the Department of Justice on Wednesday evening for "all counterintelligence and foreign intelligence materials in the probe, the full report, and underlying evidence," within the Mueller report, with House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) tweeting: "We will not be obstructed."

As CNN's Manu Raju notes, the two lawmakers have different motivations for requesting Mueller's counterintelligence information.

SCHIFF, a staunch opponent of the President, is interested in finding out whether Trump or members of his orbit may be compromised by foreign powers.

NUNES, a staunch ally of the president, is seeking information for his own probe into potential abuses by the FBI in the Trump-Russia investigation.

Regardless of their reasoning, the letter marks a rare show of bipartisan unity in threatening a subpoena in response to inaction by the Trump administration.
The letter and more at: www.axios.com...

As the article says, the deadline given for the DOJ to turn everything over, is May 15th.

But, does the "Executive Privilege" invoked by the White House earlier today to keep the full Report/Evidence away from (Trump hater) House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler, also apply to anyone else who subpoenas the DOJ for these documents?

With "Executive Privilege" invoked, can the White House legally let specific individuals (like Nunes) view the documents/evidence, minus the Grand Jury material?

-CareWeMust

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The Democrats are going to get far more, than they bargained for. That's my prediction.

They are going to open a can of worms, that they never intended...

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

As a Congressman said today, Trump needs to unload his full arsenal on Democrats right now, before a military conflict breaks out between the U.S. and Iran, or the U.S. and Venezuela. Either one could last for months.

Once a distraction of that magnitude happens, Trump/DOJ could reveal that Obama himself ordered illegal spying, and the MSM would totally ignore it. They would be thankful that President Trump delivered a "military conflict" diversion, even if it means U.S. soldiers dying.
edit on 5/8/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
My money says Nunes already has some GodDamning evidence from The Mueller Files 😎

Schiff needs some heavy duty first class crisis management 😎

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Since the House and the Senate are the Legislative branch of the government, doesn't that mean that they both have to be in agreement for one Branch to effect another? I don't know.

And then would they also need Judicial approval to carry through?

I wonder what laws they have past recently?

Some say that the AG must uphold the laws that Congress passes. Only if they make it out of the Senate is my reply. They have to learn to play nice, or things get very ugly.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

That's interesting, hadn't considered the conflict perspective and it's affect on the current politics.

Iran and US is the more likely result, Venezuala may have enough support for taking care of their own domestic issues, as long as the US provides aid and non military support, it'll work itself out. The only caveat to that though is the Bear and Dragon, our Eagle has to be wary of them as Venezuala is in a unique position after all, courtesy of all that OIL.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Yeah, Nunes likely has the 411 on what’s redacted. The Dems are riding the Mueller Report over the cliff. Nadler & Schiff going Thelma & Louise.

It’s like every time Trump baits his hook, the Left bites down hard.

First 100 days of Dem controlled House;

- no legislation
- wall getting built
- Mueller nothing burger
- IG/AG hot on the Dem trail
- Trump highest rating
- some dumbass eating a bucket of chicken will be the GOP poster boy for 2020
- crippled MSM Fake News with cratered ratings
- Hilary; the gift that keeps giving

....what about next 100 days?

- another SCOTUS appointment for Trump?
- AG drops hammer?
- IG uncovers coup evidence?
- China deal?
- redacted Mueller Dossier embarrasses Left?
- more jammed pack Trump rallies?

Should be fun.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: madmac5150

As a Congressman said today, Trump needs to unload his full arsenal on Democrats right now, before a military conflict breaks out between the U.S. and Iran, or the U.S. and Venezuela. Either one could last for months.

Once a distraction of that magnitude happens, Trump/DOJ could reveal that Obama himself ordered illegal spying, and the MSM would totally ignore it. They would be thankful that President Trump delivered a "military conflict" diversion, even if it means U.S. soldiers dying.

Are Democrats using quest for unredacted Mueller report as shield against impeachment?

www.rollcall.com...

But for now, the House Judiciary chairman seems content to fight the battle in the courts until Congress gets the information it’s seeking.
“It could take a while, that’s the problem,” Nadler said. “But the fact is I have no doubt as to the outcome.”

I noticed he didn't say what the outcome would be. Nadler. Always a politician. Yes Nadler, the Supreme Court is on your side. Awww the naivety of Nadler.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You're probably spot-on, since NUNES has "insider" access. But he needs more details, hence the joint subpoena.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Yes. The SENATE has the most authority. The House can't do anything significant when it comes to changing Executive Privilege rules, unless the Senate votes to agree with the House.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

An IRAN vs U.S. conflict would be very deadly. It appalls me that we still have to kill thousands of people, simply to generate regime change. This isn't 1965. Today's satellites can pinpoint where the key leaders are, 24/7. At the right time, a few low-yield precision missiles could take every one of them out, without much collateral damage.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: PilSungMtnMan

Excellent post! President Trump has liberal MSM so triggered and panicky, they're not even devoting much on-air time to talk about 2020 Dem candidates. Today, FoxNews discussed the 2020 Dom field more than CNN or MSNBC.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Nadler will have severe stomach ulcers by the time this Subpoena/Exec Privilege issue is resolved by the court system.

What' IRONIC is that Obama's first AG ERIC HOLDER's DOJ court battle with Congress was just settled this week! The FAST and FURIOUS lawsuits were brought against Holder in 2012!

Source: www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I would say the underlying objective of this action is to get out the lists of key players who are under investigation or being indicted so they can prepare defences. Also to use said release, which is illegal apparently, as the poison tree, so any evidence contained therein is compromised and unusable. I could be wrong, but with the acceleration of intel being made public concerning the poisoned Hillary tree, a little shaking from a little wind and all the crap is going to fall out.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

I would say the underlying objective of this action is to get out the lists of key players who are under investigation or being indicted so they can prepare defences. Also to use said release, which is illegal apparently, as the poison tree, so any evidence contained therein is compromised and unusable. I could be wrong, but with the acceleration of intel being made public concerning the poisoned Hillary tree, a little shaking from a little wind and all the crap is going to fall out.

Cheers - Dave

I would think if that's the only goal, they can get all the info from Mueller and his team. Off the record. I would be surprised if they don't already have it.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
According to a poster here who has posted this numerous times, the unredacted version was available for all the congress to see. He claims that they never went to view the report.

So I guess that poster was full of it, as Nunes is now asking for the unredacted report which means such report was not available like that poster kept repeating.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Those Congressmen who have seen the mostly un-redacted report say that most of the removed redactions are in Part-II, the Obstructing Justice section. The "Russian Interference" section (Part-I) still is about 7% redacted.

But it's the underlying documents that both sides want to see. Here is one reason why...

UPDATE: Obstructing Justice witch-hunt was implemented BEFORE Mueller was appointed Special Counsel.

Prosecutor from Mueller's Team Transcript released. (Excerpt)

"Before the appointment of the Special Counsel on May 17th, the FBI had opened an investigation into obstruction of justice," Michael Dreeben, a counsel for the special counsel’s office, said.

"That investigation entailed matters that were covered in the Comey memoranda, which explored and recorded Mr. Comey’s recollections of meetings, including one-on-one meetings with the President of the United States.

In those meetings, events occurred that led the FBI to conclude that an investigation was appropriate under its authority to consider matters such as obstruction of justice."
More at: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
According to a poster here who has posted this numerous times, the unredacted version was available for all the congress to see. He claims that they never went to view the report.

So I guess that poster was full of it, as Nunes is now asking for the unredacted report which means such report was not available like that poster kept repeating.

Actually only 12 Members of Congress were allowed to see the "less redacted" report.

And there is restrictions.

Look it up, it's common 😎

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Nadler will have severe stomach ulcers by the time this Subpoena/Exec Privilege issue is resolved by the court system.

What' IRONIC is that Obama's first AG ERIC HOLDER's DOJ court battle with Congress was just settled this week! The FAST and FURIOUS lawsuits were brought against Holder in 2012!

Source: www.cnn.com...

From your sou

"The Parties agree that because subsequent developments have obviated the need to resolve those issues in an appeal in this case, the District Court's holdings should not in any way control the resolution of the same or similar issues should they arise in other litigation between the Committee and the Executive Branch, and hereby waive any right to argue that the judgment of the District Court or any of the District Court's orders or opinions in this case have any preclusive effect in any other litigation," the settlement read.

The settlement has not yet been approved by the federal court of appeals.

That would be a great thread to discuss the ramifications of the decision of the federal court of appeals.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

Actually only 12 Members of Congress were allowed to see the "less redacted" report.

And there is restrictions.

Look it up, it's common 😎

Now they say mostly redacted. Then they said all members of congress. It was total bs that meant nothing. I thinks many more people will be going to jail due to Mueller probe before all is said and done.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join