It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don Jr subpoenaed by Senate Intel Committee Republicans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This cannot end well. Heads are gonna roll or is that what they are wanting to happen? Attacking his family. It was crazy when the House wanted ALL financials including his grandkids. Ludicrous but a stunt by the left. But to have a Republican chair call a Republican presidents son to testify about something that is already resolved? I don't even think John McCain would have agreed with this one.

Link

The committee had renewed interest in talking to Trump Jr. after Trump’s former lawyer, Michael Cohen, testified earlier this year. Cohen told a House committee in February that he had briefed Trump Jr. approximately 10 times about a plan to build a Trump Tower in Moscow before the presidential election. Trump Jr. told the Senate Judiciary Committee in 2017 he was only “peripherally aware” of the proposal. The panel has also investigated a meeting between Trump Jr., other campaign staff and a Russian lawyer.

Emails leading up to the meeting promised dirt on Hillary Clinton. Mueller’s report, released last month, says Cohen recalled being in Trump’s office “when Trump Jr. told his father that a meeting to obtain adverse information about Clinton was going forward.” The report notes that Trump Jr. told the Senate Judiciary Committee, however, that he did not inform his father about the emails or the upcoming meeting. Cohen reported to federal prison this week to start a three-year sentence for crimes including tax evasion and campaign finance violations related to hush-money payments made to protect his former boss.

A spokeswoman for the committee would not confirm the subpoena. But Maine Sen. Susan Collins, a Republican member of the panel, hinted after Cohen spoke behind closed doors to the Senate intelligence panel that the committee would want to talk to Trump Jr. again. She said senators “clearly need to re-interview some witnesses whose accounts (Cohen) contradicts.” The Senate intelligence committee has been investigating Russian election interference and Trump’s ties to Russia for the last two years. The panel is expected to try to call in several witnesses as it winds up its investigation over the next several months.

To make it even worse it would seem that it is Cohen who could have set all of this in motion with his testimony. I just cannot believe first your personal lawyer who you trust turning on you but your own party wanting to bring in your kid? This is not AOC or Pelosi or Schumer calling for it but NC-R Richard Burr.

So, what will happen. Will Trump take the bait and let the heads roll or will once again, when Trump does the right thing and lets it play out like the 2 year investigation just how far will they go? Will they stop at Jr. or will other kids by brought in also. Would about this wife? Where will this stop?

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
This cannot end well. Heads are gonna roll or is that what they are wanting to happen? Attacking his family. It was crazy when the House wanted ALL financials including his grandkids. Ludicrous but a stunt by the left. But to have a Republican chair call a Republican presidents son to testify about something that is already resolved? I don't even think John McCain would have agreed with this one.

Link

The committee had renewed interest in talking to Trump Jr. after Trump’s former lawyer, Michael Cohen, testified earlier this year. Cohen told a House committee in February that he had briefed Trump Jr. approximately 10 times about a plan to build a Trump Tower in Moscow before the presidential election. Trump Jr. told the Senate Judiciary Committee in 2017 he was only “peripherally aware” of the proposal. The panel has also investigated a meeting between Trump Jr., other campaign staff and a Russian lawyer.

Emails leading up to the meeting promised dirt on Hillary Clinton. Mueller’s report, released last month, says Cohen recalled being in Trump’s office “when Trump Jr. told his father that a meeting to obtain adverse information about Clinton was going forward.” The report notes that Trump Jr. told the Senate Judiciary Committee, however, that he did not inform his father about the emails or the upcoming meeting. Cohen reported to federal prison this week to start a three-year sentence for crimes including tax evasion and campaign finance violations related to hush-money payments made to protect his former boss.

A spokeswoman for the committee would not confirm the subpoena. But Maine Sen. Susan Collins, a Republican member of the panel, hinted after Cohen spoke behind closed doors to the Senate intelligence panel that the committee would want to talk to Trump Jr. again. She said senators “clearly need to re-interview some witnesses whose accounts (Cohen) contradicts.” The Senate intelligence committee has been investigating Russian election interference and Trump’s ties to Russia for the last two years. The panel is expected to try to call in several witnesses as it winds up its investigation over the next several months.

To make it even worse it would seem that it is Cohen who could have set all of this in motion with his testimony. I just cannot believe first your personal lawyer who you trust turning on you but your own party wanting to bring in your kid? This is not AOC or Pelosi or Schumer calling for it but NC-R Richard Burr.

So, what will happen. Will Trump take the bait and let the heads roll or will once again, when Trump does the right thing and lets it play out like the 2 year investigation just how far will they go? Will they stop at Jr. or will other kids by brought in also. Would about this wife? Where will this stop?

All he has to do is plead the 5th. Just like during the Clinton testimony.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It's all comes down to 5 things.........

1. Strategy

2. Strategy

3. Strategy

4. Strategy

5. Strategy

😎

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
All the republicans vigorously supported Nixon... until they didn't.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Dems have always known they would be caught in the net if trump got in. The rhino's and neocons sided with the Dems to protect their secrets and financial interests. Trump needs to finish the forensic audits, send the indictments and release all the information on both democrat and republican criminal activity. Otherwise, this crap is going to keep happening.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Could be that JR is dirty. Could also be that Rhinos are trying to go on with a pre agreed side attack. I choose to see it in the second set.

There is not many Trump supporters that do not understand that the Rhino side of the grand ol party is just as dirty as the Dems - if not secretly part of the same system.

Many years ago I knew the Bush's were a dirty horrible clan (and at times I gave them the benefit of the doubt when I shouldnt have) . Over time though I realized that I was always 100% correct. The Bush clan is pretty much the same as the Clinton clan. Horrible people with horrible ideas.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

Nixon was spying, just like Obama did. That's probably when they didn't support him anymore.
Now if Democrats would have done the same, they wouldn't be in the mess they are in.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

All the democrats vigorously supported Bill Clinton... and still do. 💁

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
All Jr has to say is that he knew something was going on with Don's involvement with the Trump tower in Russia but thought it had been already dismissed and forgotten. I believe that Cohen just tried to make it look like he was doing something to show he was needed. From what I had read, the Trump Tower in Russia was put on hold for a while initially, until Trump actually made the cut, then it was abandoned. That is business, not collusion.

Cohen seemed to say a lot of implied stuff in his testimony, but I am pretty sure that Trump himself was more involved in the tower deal, not actually Jr. I do think everything was paused back in the beginning of the year, but not completely abandoned till around june or July. It would be stupid to abandon everything you worked for if you are not even running for president yet, after the primary he dumped it. I see no problem with that. Was it a lie, not really, I saw the left lie way more than this over the years, but Democrats think it is acceptable if their party does it.

Cohen stretched a lot of stuff, He was one of Trump's lawyers, not the only one. He seemed to be collecting evidence for a while, making me think he might have actually made an agreement with the Dems way before Trump was elected.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

All the democrats vigorously supported Bill Clinton... and still do. 💁

..and Ted Kennedy, their lion of the Senate.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   

The Senate Intel committee has different motives and goals than Mueller had, or Nadler has.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I really wish people would stop looking at these people as children.
They are all adults and this adult lied to the senate intl committee. Or maybe lied.
Apparently there is a bit of a memory problem with junior and the trump tower Moscow project.
Looks like his grandfather lies like his pop.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

But Y'all think those people lied and hid stuff. Is that what you're advocating now? Then I can only assume that you feel they have to.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

More 4D chess huh? The strategy where you sacrifice you son to save yourself? Why not... the man has no soul.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

including me.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

. Trump needs to finish the forensic audits, send the indictments and release all the information

As if... Do you really think he wouldn't have done this already if he could?
No you guys think he is sitting on some treasure trove of evidence that he is just waiting to spring on the dems at the right moment. Can ya stop for just a moment and give that possibility some real thought? It makes no sense.
If there was such evidence he would have put it out a long long time ago.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Actually he wasn't. But when he found out about it he went into some crazy defense mode and tried to hide things.
What he said on the tape sucked but it was all the hiding and obfuscation that did him in. Obstruction and all that.
Sound familiar?

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   

He's not a kid.
How old do they all have to be before they are not the "kids"?

even if records show that donny lived off his daddys back until his death.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

pre agreed by whom? You are describing collusion to defraud the american people you know right?
and more to the point... pre agreed for what? What would be the reason to sacrifice his son?

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No they don't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join