It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooters in Colorado School Were Transgender, Trump-Hating, Democrats Who Love Obama

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Two guys, 14 dead? Damn. Those are rookie numbers. One Amercan in LV did 4 times as many people all by himself. The Mexicans are going to have to up their firearm game.
edit on 9-5-2019 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

Non existent Parents(BOTH) and tech.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
The number of young people involved in these mass shootings are increasing and schools are often where these incidents occur. But why? Everyone wants to find some kind of reason for this but there are no reports on what motivates these shooters when they live and are caught. I often think bullying amplified by social media may be the reason when I hear about these rampages, however . . .

I was having a visit with a conspiracy minded buddy of mine today when we heard about it on the local TV news at noon. He immediately brought up how pretty much all the most popular online video games are 1st person shooter style games. He introduced me to Fortnight when it was in beta version, I guess it has become hugely popular since then, and used that as one example.

For some reason I have totally ignored the idea that violent video games are likely connected to violent behavior in today's youth. I guess I've heard so many people defending video gaming that I blank the idea out. I know that as a kid myself, some 40+ years ago, the "3 Stooges" and "Big Time Wrestling" were bad influences, but nothing like the violence involved in these shootings. I was in my 20s when I had access to video games that were 1st person shooter, like Castle Wolfenstein, and there were some sick ones back then if you could get them. Later, I often enjoyed Postal II. None of that was very realistic or online. It does make me wonder if there is any merit to the idea that realistic online video games could be one of the main causal influences of these incidents.

ETA: Our conversation made me think about how it would have gone down back in my old school days. If you wanted revenge, you'd target your person of interest. You'd jump them after school and beat them down or more likely you'd vandalize or steal something they own that they place value on. The idea of bringing a gun to school and shooting up the place never entered our minds ever.

When President Obama ordered the CDC to study gun violence back in 2012 (yes, they can study gun violence, it's a lie that they're "banned" from studying it") they found that there were numerous factors that were usually involved and recommended additional studies in each area. But because the study didn't conclude gun control was the answer, the administration and the media ignored it and no further action was taken. See the thread in my sig for details.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: JIMC5499

Does a report published by the Trump administration count as media hype? If I remember correctly Appendix 2 is where all the terror attacks are listed.

COUNTERING VIOLENT EXTREMISM

I've been meaning to do a thread about this. Have you read any of these studies that supposedly find all this "right-wing" extremism? Many of the criteria they use to define someone as right-leaning are straight up bogus. For example, one criteria often used is anti-government attitudes. That's not a right or left view. The entire premise of those classifications is flawed.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Guns and civilised society dont mix

Guns and civilized society get along just fine. It's just too bad some groups of people have been mindlessly tearing away at the foundations of Western Civilization for 60 years.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Can we finally say, NOW. . . that the extreme hatred that the left has for the rest of us has caused bloodshed and death?

Both sides do it. Pointing fingers (as what your doing) isn't a solution or even a "I told you so". Shooters come from all sides of the political spectrum. , its people that come after the fact that go around putting labels on crap.

Now they have to start killing!

It's only just the beginning, in my opinion.

They have some catching up to do.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   

It's interesting how in-depth CNN has been covering this incident over the past 3 days. It was "minor" as mass shootings go.

There have been 15 school shootings in the first 5 months of this year.
Source: www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Was this shooter actually a trans Obama fan? Or is the OP nonsense??

I’m assuming nonsense since fox isn’t playing it on a loop.
edit on 10-5-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
It's probably always a bad idea to politicize a school shooting in EITHER direction. Why would anyone believe that it's a good idea to send the message that it makes sense to kill people over stupid political arguments?

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
It's probably always a bad idea to politicize a school shooting in EITHER direction. Why would anyone believe that it's a good idea to send the message that it makes sense to kill people over stupid political arguments?

Because one side wants very much to make politics a good v. evil argument and things like this can be used to make the other side look evil, not just like people who have real disagreements with you over how things should be.

Believe it, if these kids had been wearing MAGA hats, this story would be front page news still especially as the kid who is dead was not white.

But because these kids are traditionally belonging to either left leaning constituency blocks or openly leftist on social media, they've memory-holed this one like they did the Steve Scalise shooter who tried to mass murder the Republicans at their baseball practice. He was a Bernie Bro.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: odzeandennz

This place has turned into a sewer.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

Because one side wants very much to make politics a good v. evil argument and things like this can be used to make the other side look evil, not just like people who have real disagreements with you over how things should be.

Believe it, if these kids had been wearing MAGA hats, this story would be front page news still especially as the kid who is dead was not white.

But because these kids are traditionally belonging to either left leaning constituency blocks or openly leftist on social media, they've memory-holed this one like they did the Steve Scalise shooter who tried to mass murder the Republicans at their baseball practice. He was a Bernie Bro.

Of course. One side does it so both sides have to do it? Probably still should be sending the message that it makes no sense whatsoever to kill innocent people regardless of your politics.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
In my opinion President Obama,Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump have some of the biggest egos and some of our politicians on the right and the left and will say anything...Regardless of what your beliefs are and that as well as social media devices and Hollywood propaganda movies have contributed to all of this....The democrats became to powerful under President Obama and Hillary Clinton and along comes Trump..Democrats thought they could do no wrong and then Trump unexpectedly wins off the raw emotional damage Obama and Hillary caused....Then Trump stirs up the left wings dirty tricks to win elections and the MSM just pours on the damage even further..So now you have the right wing stirred up and angry.Trump really poured it back on the left..

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
What a garbage article, it's pathetic a thread was even started for it.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Are you just oblivious to the killings that the right has committed or just stupid? Wow got to be the dumbest post I have ever read the left have killed someone, lets not state the fact that the right has been killing for years and years and have a death toll that far FAR exceeds those on the left you fricking twit

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It's interesting how in-depth CNN has been covering this incident over the past 3 days. It was "minor" as mass shootings go.

There have been 15 school shootings in the first 5 months of this year.
Source: www.cnn.com...

The anti-gun extremists have a history of inflating these numbers. Just look at the criteria they used:

Since there is no single definition for what qualifies as a school shooting, CNN set the following parameters: -The shooting must involve at least one person being shot (not including the shooter).
-The shooting must occur on school property, which includes but is not limited to, buildings, athletic fields, parking lots, stadiums and buses.
-We included accidental discharge of a firearm as long as the first two parameters are met, except in instances where the sole shooter is law enforcement or a security officer.
-We included injuries sustained from BB guns, since the Consumer Product Safety Commission has identified them as potentially lethal.

For people who just saw the headline, which is a lot of people, they'd be left with the impression there have been 15 Parkland-style shootings this year. The news sites do this on purpose, of course.

A few years ago, Moms Demand or one of those groups was caught inflating their numbers badly. For example, they included a suicide that took place in summer on a closed campus as a "school shooting." There's also been instances of them inflating "gun violence victim" numbers by including criminals who were legally shot by police, including terrorists.

Bottom line, you can't trust numbers you see from these people. They have a history of outright lying to inflate numbers so they can push their gun control narrative. They don't care about informing you, they care about their political agenda.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniformKilo

Are you just oblivious to the killings that the right has committed or just stupid? Wow got to be the dumbest post I have ever read the left have killed someone, lets not state the fact that the right has been killing for years and years and have a death toll that far FAR exceeds those on the left you fricking twit

If you on the left are demanding that we that lean right "own" it, then shouldn't this apply to you?

Own it.

It is your hateful rhetoric, your irrational behavior, your violent behavior that has precipitated this.

Own it.

Embrace it.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

This is a right wing website Kuro so common sense does not apply, Guns for everyone no matter how stupid or unhinged, it's in our constitution so its as good as the word of God, we can't revise our constitution on right to own firearms. We can't track the sell of firearms either because that would "infringe on our rights" you know like we do with cars and stuff that's bad. Knowing where deadly instruments for killing are stored is BAD, and don't give me the "sport shooting" bs these are killing machines built to end life PERIOD

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Ya buddy JUST like the right owns every shooting the right precipitates, idiot, once you OWN all the deaths attributed to the right, maybe just maybe the left will own the MSM is ran by them or that they have created violence as well, your argument is invalid just like you.
edit on 10-5-2019 by UniformKilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniformKilo

Ya buddy JUST like the right owns every shooting the right precipitates, idiot, once you OWN all the deaths attributed to the right, maybe just maybe the left will own the MSM is ran by them or that they have created violence as well, your argument is invalid just like you.

So you want to push the false narrative governed by your leftist masters that your ideology is not irrational and violent and the way you endorse it is by being irrational and violent.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join